Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Street Performer loses an Eye in attack

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Tigger wrote: »
    people are afraid that they will either loose the fight defending people or winnand get sued
    im still gratefull the the coos back in 2000 who ran me after i stopped a man beating a woman up inndublin city center

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHmL8BTickB8iV0ElnwA4h4WWjoxZtS7aVLIzCrmpfsTbZSiYT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Shemale wrote: »
    The thing with scumbags is they are all mouth and wont do anything unless they well outnumber you.

I read somewhere years ago it costs 70,000 per prisoner per year, why not build a huge prison with a lead roof(to stop mobile phone use) that costs 10,000 a year per prisoner, use Mountjoy for 1st and 2nd offences and the new prison after that.

It would clear lots more scum off streets, take pressure off front line services and courts and would give the decent people their country back.

Agree, but rather than spend loads on a fancy new building, just get a large decommissioned barge ship sailed in and anchored up near the Liffey (see page 3). NYC has one with capacity for 870.

Worth also getting a zero-tolerance Mayor also like their former Mayor Rudy Giuliani who cleaned up the city somewhat dramatically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Uosdwis R. Dewoh

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    I like the way that you only quoted the part of my input which suited your argument.

As I've said before, I've been to dozens of cities around the world and never felt as uncomfortable as I would in Dublin City centre.
    I kinda see what they mean though. I don't doubt the individual stories at all - they're appalling. But comments about Dublin overall being borderline apocalyptic hellhole are just hysterical. As if people don't feel safe in Dublin 2/4/6 (broadly speaking).

I'm a culchie by Dublin standards and lived there for nearly two years - including a stint working in the north inner city, and living in Dublin 7 and then 9. Not a thing ever happened to me. I was probably lucky, and being female helped (because most of these attacks are male on male) however people are depicting Dublin as if it's in Venezuela. Not that I'm saying it's ok that other cities are worse or that the existing problems in Dublin can't be appalling, but it seems a bit much of people to say they feel really scared walking through Dublin in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Local guy I know has 17 previous convictions for all sorts (theft, assault etc.)

He was up in court a few weeks ago for spitting at a Gardai. His solicitor's defence as to why he shouldn't be sent to prison for this? He was having a bad day and has had a number of prison stints, none of which he enjoyed.

At least he's being honest I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

What are the Gardai supposed to do about it?

Their job, there is zero Garda presence in the city centre. I know of some Gardai who sleep in Pearse St when on night shift.

I walk through the North Inner City twice a day on the way to work and not once in the 18 months have I seen one Garda walking / cycling on the street.

Only the other day I saw two kids of about 8 using the n work to a black security guard who wouldnt let them in the shop.

This term "disadvantaged area" needs to be changed to "**** lazy dole bludger prick parents area". Giving them free money isnt the answer, better schools, green areas and food vouchers that cant be spent on booze is, if that doesnt work, more prisons

Advertisement