Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird one

Options
  • 04-10-2017 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭

Hi all, one of the socket circuits in my house is playing up just in one room. My wife had a fan heater plugged in there and since I turned it off it seems only a very low voltage is coming through the sockets. Anyone any idea how to fix? No switches have tripped on the fuse board.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Not sure what you mean by "it seems only a low voltage"?

Is it just one socket affected or more?

I'd guess from the limited information so far that you have a loose connection somewhere. A potential fire hazard. I recommend you get it looked at quickly by someone competent and don't try to use any affected sockets until it has been fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

3 double sockets in a bedroom are showing this behaviour. I think it's low voltage as when I plug in an extension lead the red power light is lit faintly. When I plug in a second one the light dims further.

I have of course plugged everything out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

It's a bad connection! Needs to be found and fixed promptly

Advertisement