Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I check if my NAS is open ?

Options
  • 05-10-2017 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

My Synology NAS has a password. I just realised that the password is a management password and maybe people in my house can access my media files stored there ?
    How can I check whether it is open ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

How do you access your files, through file explorer? Did you have to enter a password to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭joebre

Windows 10. Use Explorer and no password.
    When I set up my Sonos music system, it asks for a username and password for music files.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

joebre wrote: »
    Windows 10. Use Explorer and no password.
    When I set up my Sonos music system, it asks for a username and password for music files.

Login to the management interface and check if the passwords are all changed. Also I would update the firmware but do a backup first.

If it's asking for a password to configure this should mostly answer your question

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭joebre

Tried to access the static IP of my NAS from my iPhone. Nothing.
    Added Port 5000 and it brought me to a login screen, where I have "admin" and my own password.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

iPhones don't natively support SMB, its not suitable to test without an appropriate app.

• Advertisement
Advertisement