Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Will an 08 S40 wing mirror fit a 2012?

Options
  • 05-10-2017 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

as the title says, Will an 08 Volvo S40 wing mirror fit a 2012? it is proving difficult to find one that is not from the main dealer. My mechanic was able to source once but the connections for the electrics in the door panel was wrong.

Not sure if this makes a difference but it is an English import, but the place I can buy from is up north so it shouldn't make a difference, please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Would a c30 mirror of the same age fit I wonder? I doubt an 08 one would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The exterior mirrors on that model S40 changed a few times over it's life span. They changed in 2007 and then again around 2011 so one from a 2008 may be slightly different to a 2012 model. The bracket that fixes the mirror to the door maybe different with each type so you'd really want a like for like one to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 AlanHartigan

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Would a c30 mirror of the same age fit I wonder? I doubt an 08 one would work.

That could be a good shout, but I would imagine a similar year one would be just as hard to come by. I will have a look around though. Thanks

Yeah the one I was talking about in the original post wasn't power folding, so it was no good. I am just gonna buy the back over and glass and hope that is all that's wrong. Thanks

bazz26 wrote: »
    The exterior mirrors on that model S40 changed a few times over it's life span. They changed in 2007 and then again around 2011 so one from a 2008 may be slightly different to a 2012 model. The bracket that fixes the mirror to the door maybe different with each type so you'd really want a like for like one to be sure.
    EDIT: Never quoted the message.

Yeah the one I was talking about in the original post wasn't power folding, so it was no good. I am just gonna buy the back over and glass and hope that is all that's wrong. Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement