Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newly unemployed and want to start my own business

Options
  • 05-10-2017 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I'm newly unemployed and looking at starting my own business. There's a bit of work to do in working on a business plan to see if it will fly. I've signed on and completed the forms but not done anything yet about looking for another job as I want to give the new business idea a proper shot. Will my work on the business plan count instead of applying for jobs as the evidence that the Social Welfare are looking for in order to get Jobseekers Benefit? I have started a Start Your Own Business course with the local entreprise office, I'm doing market research including meeting with prospective clients, I'm preparing a business plan and meeting with accountant, bank etc. I will be applying for the Short Term Entreprise Allowance also. Will the fact that I'm spending my time on this rather than looking for another job stand against me with Social Welfare. Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

No it's actuaĺly of benefit as you're off live register

Advertisement