Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterproof/ breathable running jacket

Options
  • 05-10-2017 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice regarding the purchase of a waterproof and breathable running jacket.

The one I'm looking at is the Gore tex Shakedry and I was wondering if you knew any store around Dublin who would sell this type of product. I usually shop my running gear online but given the price of such equipment I want to make sure I get the right size.

Gore seems to fit very small. While I usually buy size Medium ( Even S sometimes for tech T-shirts), based on Gore size guide it looks like I would need L.

Would anyone have purchased those jackets previously and be able to advise? If you could advise another brand that would be great as well.

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

I have the previous version of this Ronhill Jacket. I'd say we're similar enough sizes and a M is plenty big. Was pricey enough (not Gore pricey though :) ), but you get what you pay for I suppose :) It's a great jacket....

https://therunningoutlet.co.uk/products/ronhill-mens-vizion-storm-running-jacket-aw16

• Registered Users Posts: 25 The Celtic Runner

healy1835 wrote: »
    I have the previous version of this Ronhill Jacket. I'd say we're similar enough sizes and a M is plenty big. Was pricey enough (not Gore pricey though :) ), but you get what you pay for I suppose :) It's a great jacket....

https://therunningoutlet.co.uk/products/ronhill-mens-vizion-storm-running-jacket-aw16

I do have a runhill as well size M which fits me very well but is not waterproof. Is the one you have not doing too much of a "sauna" effect? If you reckon it s breathable enough I may consider it as I like this brand and is not as dear! :)

Thanks for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

I have the shake-dry (or the One, as it was when I bought it). It's very small, very light, entirely waterproof. Of course, you do sweat in it, but I don't know any jacket where that isn't the case. And the rest of the time, it's small, light, waterproof.... I went with the sizing as described by Gore, and it fits grand.

Advertisement