Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity no longer an option for lunch time running?

• 05-10-2017 11:31am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I recently started exploring the possibilities for going for a run at lunch time and since I'm only a short jog away, was considering heading up to Trinity and doing some intervals.

I was about to head up today, but someone in work told me they heard that the public are no longer allowed to run there as someone fell over doing a lunch run and is suing them?

Is there any truth to this rumour? I thought someone in boards would be in the know :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

I'm running the 3/4 marathon this w/end with a friend who works there so I'll ask him if he's heard anything about it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

Thanks @Opus :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Somebody may well be suing them but even if that's not the case the cricket pitch is not open for running in the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭estariol

From tcd sport site:

No running is permitted on College Park from November to mid-April.
    That's the cricket pitch, however, you could always run the fitness trail, http://www.tcd.ie/Sport/facilities/fitness-trail/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Merion Square might be an option....

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Advertisement

estariol wrote: »
    From tcd sport site:

No running is permitted on College Park from November to mid-April.
    That's the cricket pitch, however, you could always run the fitness trail, http://www.tcd.ie/Sport/facilities/fitness-trail/

Does that trail not include college park/cricket pitch??
    Ringsend park is a useful option, a lesser used park I sometimes visit at lunchtime is Fairview Park

Does that trail not include college park/cricket pitch??

It runs around the outside of the cricket and rugby pitches in a figure 8.
    Ringsend park is a useful option, a lesser used park I sometimes visit at lunchtime is Fairview Park

+ 1 for ringsend park, also sean moore park across the road both very handy for 1k loops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Ringsend park is good, always a good few down there running. Use it myself.

estariol wrote: »
    It runs around the outside of the cricket and rugby pitches in a figure 8.

Ok, I was always under the impression that the parts of college park to the outside of the cricket pitch close too.

Apologies for confusion, the figure 8 is the footpaths around college park (cricket pitch) and the rugby pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

opus wrote: »
    I'm running the 3/4 marathon this w/end with a friend who works there so I'll ask him if he's heard anything about it.

My friend didn't hear anything about the place being sued but there was some email internally to tell people to stay off some newly resurfaced area he remembered.

Advertisement