Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best insurance options for new full licence driver

Options
  • 05-10-2017 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a bit of a dilemma here. I had a quote from a broker with my mam as a named driver at €1,400, called again to see what it would be as that was a few months ago and it turns out that was with 1 year NCB which I don't have. Not sure why they added that but the quote is actually €2,600.

What are some options for a new driver with a full license? I was only named for 6 months until the policy ran out.

So far quotes of a similar car have been €2,600 with Liberty, €2,700 with Axa and €3,000 with Kennco.

FBD and Zurich won't insure anyone without a year of experience.

Any other suggestions? The quote with Liberty is the same as what the broker is offering through them. I thought they were supposed to be cheaper?

Are AXA employees on minimum wage or something? They honestly couldn't give a ****e and are the least helpful of them all. Both times I've dealt with then their attitude is so poor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Firstly, try all the companies in the sticky.
    There is no company that fits all so you need to shop around more.
    It's a pain but there ya go.

Secondly , read threads like "Insurance - tell us your quotes/ renewals" and see if someone else have been in similar situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

biko wrote: »
    Firstly, try all the companies in the sticky.
    There is no company that fits all so you need to shop around more.
    It's a pain but there ya go.

Secondly , read threads like "Insurance - tell us your quotes/ renewals" and see if someone else have been in similar situation.

Ah, I feel silly not seeing that sticky. Heads all over the place this morning. I'll be going through the entire list as soon as I get the car reg. Cheers!

On the plus side, the likes of Liberty have 10% multi policy discount so including contents insurance I'd save €145. Best be on the look out for the likes of that as I'm in the market for contents cover too.

Interesting to note safety features like collision detection and pedestrian braking don't discount policies like they do in the UK. The ones I spoke to today make me seem like I'm talking nonsense...

Advertisement