Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UK Bloggers

• 05-10-2017 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭

Who are your favourite UK bloggers?

I was thinking earlier about Zoella, I used to be obsessed with her about 7-8 years ago, before she really became super popular. This would have been before Instagram and Snapchat and I would have primarily watched her on Youtube.

I didn't love her in particular for her beauty or fashion content, she just had a huge array of videos on all sorts of stuff (tutorials, hauls, lifestyle, travel etc) and I really enjoyed watching her. I especially used to love Vlogmas :D

Anyway, I still quite like her but rarely watch her videos these days. I was feeling all nostalgic earlier on thinking about it and I think I'll catch up on some videos after work this evening.

I also really like Fleur de Force, she is so consistent with her content and is so stylish and likable.

Anyone else have any favourites?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

I used to love miss budget beauty and a girl who mainly did YouTube called maria sparkle they are so relatable purchase a lot of their own products there’s also a girl called shaleena she’s so honest about all products so much so she buys them all herself due to being too honest when sent products

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

I like Youtuber Jamie Genevieve. She blogs every week and has tutorials etc.
    But she’s only 23 but I think she looks a lot older due to excess fillers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Anna from the Anna Edit is amazing, definitely my favourite out there!
    She seems so down to earth and reminds me a lot of my best friend so I might be a little bias. Her fashion sense is great and she's great for her beauty content!

Love Fleur too, some of her fashion choices are too expensive but she's great for her product reviews. She's so dedicated to showing you the new in beauty, rather then just the free or paid trips, I just love her.

Both girls are super professional but also quite personable :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Fleur is my favourite. I'd watch her vlogs all day. I love her beauty vlogs but also her home life. I'm very rarely interested in the behind the scenes of the blogger life but I'm a pure nosebag for her.

I watch Hello October too but am finding her annoying lately.

I'll watch Tanya Burr the odd time if I'm bored but I find her quite childish.

I used to watch Amelia Liana a lot until she started editing and photoshopping her pictures beyond recognition.

I never got the Zoella thing- I do not get the hype.

I liked Anna from the Anna Edit but for some reason I skipped a few of her videos and then just never went back to her.

These are all lifestyle/beauty bloggers with YouTube channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I used to read a blog from a girl called Katie. She had or has scoliosis wrote a little about that bit much mostly hair and beauty! She propperLly reviewed everything have good detail on it! Just had look to see if I could find her again Katie snooks is her name!
    Must get back into blogs! Used to love reading them and beaut back in the day but since everything is always sponsored it's get pointless!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I forgot about Fleurs gift guides, they're always amazing.

I just think UK bloggers have much more varied content than Irish ones. I was scrolling through Jamie Genevieve's channel last night and just in the last few months there has been tutorials, make up hauls, hair tutorials, travel diary, q&a's, botox/lip filler q&a just to name a few. All uploaded regularly.

Irish bloggers are extreeeemely lazy in comparison. No effort at all made by most. Most Irish bloggers don't bother with Youtube at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Ya they're in a different league to Irish bloggers. For example Rosie Connolly uploaded a vlog the other week about a trip she had in the U.K. in June!
    Chloe Boucher uploaded a vlog last week from a trip she took with Lancôme in April!
    I feel a lot of these bloggers would struggle in the U.K. scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

I love Em from My Pale Skin. It's nice to get someone very pale doing make up. Her voice takes a little getting use to, I use to find her accent annoying at first but I love her now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

This post has been deleted.

She was in Arnotts last week! Got to listen to her for a while, she's so funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I really like Fleur De Force, love that she does different videos rather than the same old, same old, she has a mixture of videos which I really like.

Amelia Liana and Pixwoos I really like, I dip in and out of their videos but I always really enjoy them when I watch them.

Rosie Jay Pierce is another channel I dip in and out of.

I used to watch Hello October and Essie Button but found her very annoying so stopped.

I dip in and out of Zoella,
    Sprinkle of Glitter and Gabriella sometimes I can find them to be a bit annoying/immature, but not always.

Tanya Burr I find almost unbearable, she is quite immature I think, I used to love her but then she went through a period of being immature and I don't think she has ever come out of that phase. I do like her as a person, just the immaturity I find a bit much.

I like Amys Makeup Box too but find that her looks are too much for me at times, she is very talented though.

Becca Rose is another one I like and tend to dip in and out of. Her videos are great and I like her make up style too, it's not too different to what I would wear either.

I like Jordan Bone too, but again, I dip in and out of her videos.

I saw this video of hers when it went around Facebook not long after she put it up and it's what introduced me to her channel.

I used to love watching Rachel Leary's videos but her make up tends to be very heavy and almost cakey looking so I rarely watch her anymore, she is very talented though.

Samantha Maria is another one I dip in and out of. There is something about her that I just can't warm to, I don't know what it is because I enjoy her videos.

Wayne Goss is another one I can't warm to, there is something about him that I find cold. I don't know what though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

I mainly follow The Anna Edit and Lily Pebbles. I think both of their content is really good and varied. They've moved a bit away from the beauty roots they started with so when either discusses beauty, I know it's something they really like now. Lily Pebbles is taking a break from the internet for a bit at the moment though as she wasn't feeling great and I really respect her for that. It's not an easy world to be involved in I think so to step away to focus on other projects is commendable.

I used to follow Amelia Liana but I find lately that a lot of her videos are a bit click-baity with their titles and I don't like that.

Fleur is good and I think come across quite genuine in what she does. I do love her instagram with the dogs.

Caroline Hirons is a favourite and I definitely find myself referring back to older articles on her blog which I think is a sign of how good she's always been with skincare advice.

I wouldn't be a fan of Zoella but I did see her in some of the others above videos before and she came across really lovely and normal with them.

There does seem to be a better quality in terms of management available in the UK so I wonder if that does help with them. They seem to have more access to brands and probably get a bit more help in regards other aspects. I do agree that they're videos tend to be up quicker than a lot of Irish bloggers manage for events/trips (though not all) unless there's a contractual reason.

Advertisement