Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free on street parking IFSC area

Options
  • 05-10-2017 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi All,

I am due to move into an apartment in the IFSC that doesn't have parking. I am looking into renting a space somewhere but it is proving to be very expensive.

Is there any free on street options I can avail of? It looks like Oriel Street Upper is free parking as I don't see any signs. Does anyone know if this is the case? Are there any other surrounding streets that are Free?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

Take a look at this and see can you buy an on street permit from Dublin City Council. It's likely you won't find any free parking around there

http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-roads-and-traffic-parking-dublin-parking-city-residents/buy-parking-permit

EDIT: If you're living that close to town is there really any need to have a car?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,820 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There is a small amount of onstreet free around Oriel Street etc but for the love of whatever don't use it. Last remaining rough part of the area.

There is a similarly small amount in East Wall which is much safer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

You'd be safer leaving the car out in Raheny and going in and out for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

L1011 wrote: »
    There is a small amount of onstreet free around Oriel Street etc but for the love of whatever don't use it. Last remaining rough part of the area.

There is a similarly small amount in East Wall which is much safer.

There's some "free" parking up the end of Sheriff street (port side) that's there for residents. However, up the Road near East Wall (and the estates in between) it's residential and I parked there the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Plus one on application for a parking permit by Dublin city council,

Would not recommend oriel street for safety reasons and also east wall area because chances of obtaining a space very slim and locals are not happy with people parking in the area to go to work etc. (Reports even here on boards of people coming back to find wipers missing etc)

May ask you evaluate your situation of needing a vehicle and if so possibly parking it outside city or with a friend relative that you could access the car if needs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,820 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Plus one on application for a parking permit by Dublin city council,

They are absolutely not given to people living in apartments with carparks. Planning condition for the block will forbid it outright.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭subpar

Rent an underground car parking space. It will work out best value in the long run , plus you will have security and peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

how often are you likely to use it? might be cheaper to leave it somewhere else (parents house?) and use GoCar if you really need to drive somewhere from the IFSC.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sweetlikejelly

Thanks all for the very helpful info and input.

I have decided to leave it back home in Cork until I can either rent a secure space or move somewhere that has one.

Cheers!

Advertisement