Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frank Gilligan: White, Orange and Green

• 05-10-2017 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi folks.
    Wondering if anyone here can help me find some biographical details on Frank Gilligan. He was a song-writer and arranger. And maybe a fiddler too. And is credited on Ann and Francie Brolly records as the writer of White, Orange and Green. And on the theballadeers site they credit him with writing and arranging a lot of songs.

He might be the Frank Gilligan of Frank Gilligan's Killarney Ceili Band who have a LP record (from the around the 1960's) called The Kerry Dances. This group seems to have been renamed on recent releases into Frank Gilligans Ceili Band. The rear cover notes of the LP say that Frank is a Tralee man, that his son Sean is the drummer and his daughter-in-law Margaret is the pianist.  There is a photo of Frank - he looks to be about 65 - 70. Which fits roughly if he was around to write "White, Orange and Green" 40 years before in ~1923.  (This release is up on Musicbrainz.)
    I've shaken the internet but nothing more drops out of the tree.
    Anyone here got more about Mr Gilligan and why he doesn't get credited for White, Orange and Green more often?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 grimmgrimm

Thanks, I missed your name.
    I  am trying at the Wolf Tones.

Advertisement