Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband/WiFi and Eir Customer support

Options
  • 05-10-2017 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

Hello Eir

7 weeks ago I logged an issue with your support team. The issue was my WiFi was dropping on regular occasions and it got to the stage where we just turned off WiFi on our phones and started to use our 4G (Whenever that works) An engineer called out and my better half was at home and he asked here what the issue was. Surely the Engineer should know the issue I had was WiFi dropping. Not really a techy my better half suggested the Internet wasnt really working. The engineer proceeded to "test the lines" and everything was fine. The engineer stated all was grand and in my better halves own words "He made me feel like a right fool, he was very rude and condescending" Now shes a soft soul, wouldnt bark at anyone no matter what the issue so I arrived home and she was visibly upset.

I immediately called your customer support to which I was told "We cant contact him, maybe he is still in your estate, why dont you go find him and call him back" first I thought your customer support was having a bit of fun, some friendly banter so I laughed back and then realised, christ, she is being serious. I proceeded to tell her if I did find him I would probably drag him back kicking and screaming and its probably not a wise step. She said the call was closed but she couldnt do anything until the next day. I said fine, thanks for your help please do get an engineer back.

One week later...Nothing, no reply, no call, no engineer, I ever replied to the Eir text stating my issue was "Unresolved" again nothing, I replied again.. Nothing.

Fast forward 7 weeks and I have sent 7 emails to your Eir customer support complaints department and I get the usual "We will reply within 2 days" I have had one reply, 3 weeks ago stating the matter is being escalated and an engineer will call you and support will call you. 3 weeks later? Nothing. I cant even use my WiFi on my phone not mind stream Netflix or go online with FIFA18. Ive been an Eir customer for 5 years, I moved house in May and since then its been an absolute nightmare being overcharged and rubbish phone coverage and braodband/WiFi coverage. What are Eir going to do here? Nothing I assume

Regards
    A very annoyed Forza Calcio.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Still nothing today... it will be a month tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hello Eir

7 weeks ago I logged an issue with your support team. The issue was my WiFi was dropping on regular occasions and it got to the stage where we just turned off WiFi on our phones and started to use our 4G (Whenever that works) An engineer called out and my better half was at home and he asked here what the issue was. Surely the Engineer should know the issue I had was WiFi dropping. Not really a techy my better half suggested the Internet wasnt really working. The engineer proceeded to "test the lines" and everything was fine. The engineer stated all was grand and in my better halves own words "He made me feel like a right fool, he was very rude and condescending" Now shes a soft soul, wouldnt bark at anyone no matter what the issue so I arrived home and she was visibly upset.

I immediately called your customer support to which I was told "We cant contact him, maybe he is still in your estate, why dont you go find him and call him back" first I thought your customer support was having a bit of fun, some friendly banter so I laughed back and then realised, christ, she is being serious. I proceeded to tell her if I did find him I would probably drag him back kicking and screaming and its probably not a wise step. She said the call was closed but she couldnt do anything until the next day. I said fine, thanks for your help please do get an engineer back.

One week later...Nothing, no reply, no call, no engineer, I ever replied to the Eir text stating my issue was "Unresolved" again nothing, I replied again.. Nothing.

Fast forward 7 weeks and I have sent 7 emails to your Eir customer support complaints department and I get the usual "We will reply within 2 days" I have had one reply, 3 weeks ago stating the matter is being escalated and an engineer will call you and support will call you. 3 weeks later? Nothing. I cant even use my WiFi on my phone not mind stream Netflix or go online with FIFA18. Ive been an Eir customer for 5 years, I moved house in May and since then its been an absolute nightmare being overcharged and rubbish phone coverage and braodband/WiFi coverage. What are Eir going to do here? Nothing I assume

Regards
    A very annoyed Forza Calcio.
    Hi forzacalacio,

I'm very sorry to hear that you'be been experiencing these ongoing issues for such a long period of time. I completely understand how frustrating this must be for you and your partner especially after the technician was out with you. If you'd like to PM me your account number I'll be happy to chase this up for you.

- Adam

Advertisement