Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bord gais nuisance calls

Options
  • 05-10-2017 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have recieved 6 nuisance calls from bord gais this week. The number they are dialing from is 15132799. They are rare ringing my mobile number. I have blocked the number but it is my understanding that they should not be making sales calls to mobile numbers. Also I am in thr States at the moment and the calls are at 4am in the morning...they call then hang up.

Can you block this number from your network?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi,
    I have recieved 6 nuisance calls from bord gais this week. The number they are dialing from is 15132799. They are rare ringing my mobile number. I have blocked the number but it is my understanding that they should not be making sales calls to mobile numbers. Also I am in thr States at the moment and the calls are at 4am in the morning...they call then hang up.

Can you block this number from your network?

Thanks
    Hi Bits_n_Bobs

Thanks for getting int ouch. If you have this number blocked from contacting you, they shouldn't be able to contact you. If you give our customer care team a ring they will be able to check if this number is blocked for you and, if not, they'll be able to have this blocked. 

You can view more on this here: http://support.eir.ie/article/block-number

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Thanks.

According to data protection.ie;

Mobile operators (Vodafone, O2, Meteor,3) have decided to automatically opt-out all their subscribers. (From direct marketing calls),

Obviously Meteor is now included within l Eir, but is there a reason you have not decided to offer this to your subscribers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Thanks.

According to data protection.ie;

Mobile operators (Vodafone, O2, Meteor,3) have decided to automatically opt-out all their subscribers. (From direct marketing calls),

Obviously Meteor is now included within l Eir, but is there a reason you have not decided to offer this to your subscribers?
    I'm sorry it's not better news. 

I'll be sure to pass this feedback on for you. 

Thanks 

Adam 

Advertisement