Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good weed killers for the lawn

Options
  • 05-10-2017 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

I dug up the lawn but theres weeds coming through the turf-any good products out there to get rid ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Zico ! wrote: »
    I dug up the lawn but theres weeds coming through the turf-any good products out there to get rid ?

Is the lawn just clay now or have you reseeded it?

Or did you put paving over it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I use Dicophar but that is designed for broadleaf types and may not be suitable as a general planet killing blitz for which something containing Glyphosate is effective but not something I'd use on a large scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Zico !

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Is the lawn just clay now or have you reseeded it?

Or did you put paving over it?

just clay now no seeds

just clay now no seeds

Have you got a spraying license?

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Zico !

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Have you got a spraying license?

Whats all that abt need a spray licence to get rid of a few weeds in the garden that i dug up?

• Advertisement

Whats all that abt need a spray licence to get rid of a few weeds in the garden that i dug up?

To get the proper good stuff you need license now. Usual government crap, need a license to take a pi** these days....get money for some crappy department for training

You can buy the standard roundup stuff in woodies but it is useless

Go to local agri suppliers, ask for proper Roundup or equivalent like Barbarian etc....see if they know if anyone can buy for you in area.....

Just be warned the proper stuff is very dangerous, you need to know how to handle, mixture rates etc.....spraying as well as you could seriously damage lungs etc.....

If you have no idea about any of this, see if professional in area or a farmer might do it for you....otherwise off to Woodies with ya

Advertisement