Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch and Spinning Class

Options
  • 06-10-2017 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭

I have an apple watch 2 and want to use it to record visits to the gym, Id do a half hour spinning and then a half hour tone work (Planks, press up's , squats , kettlebells and so on)
    What would be the app for this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Four Winds

Use the workout app on the watch? For example, spinning - select High Intensive Interval Training...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

Excellent thank you - do you know can this data be then linked to strava?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Four Winds

I don't I'm afraid. :(

I just use the workout app to track calories and compare it to how many calories I take in with my fitness pal.

Four Winds wrote: »
    I don't I'm afraid. :(

I just use the workout app to track calories and compare it to how many calories I take in with my fitness pal.

That will do for me,just like the Kudos in strava :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

jamesd wrote: »
    I have an apple watch 2 and want to use it to record visits to the gym, Id do a half hour spinning and then a half hour tone work (Planks, press up's , squats , kettlebells and so on)
    What would be the app for this?

Can't see why you couldn't use Strava I've never used it for an indoor cycle, as others have said I use the indoor cycle part of the watch workout app when using the turbo.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Advertisement

Tried Strava on the watch and picked cycling but it kept pausing as I’m thinking it saw I waswnt traveling .

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

jamesd wrote: »
    Tried Strava on the watch and picked cycling but it kept pausing as I’m thinking it saw I waswnt traveling .

With strava stationary training is added after the fact, not recorded.

Android wear has a "Stationary Biking" activity in Fit, has Apple not got an equivalent?

https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/203173224-Support-Indoor-Cycling-Activities-Moving-Non-Stationary-?mobile_site=true

Yes Apple have an indoor bike option and it worked fine for me this week, would have liked an option to be able to use Strava or else an app that exports to strava after.

Advertisement