Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bike locking advise

Options
  • 06-10-2017 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

I have a heavy duty iron chain lock for my bike, no doubt its strong enough, but too heavy to carry with me while cycling
    my bike is nearly new so want to make sure its secured too. is there a light weighing best security ?usually when left at shopping centers etc.,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 audrey27

memomtoo;104888058I have a heavy duty iron chain lock for my bike, no doubt its strong enough, but too heavy to carry with me while cycling
    my bike is nearly new so want to make sure its secured too. is there a light weighing best security ?usually when left at shopping centers etc.,
    Hi there, 

I would like to suggest you to use your heavy duty iron chain lock and/or padded lock or wheel lock for your new bike. Padded lock can also secure your bike by attaching it to the chain wheel to your wheel of the bike.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Hal Ruzal's videos are worth a watch on how to lock a bike and entertaining too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

memomtoo wrote: »
    I have a heavy duty iron chain lock for my bike, no doubt its strong enough, but too heavy to carry with me while cycling

Kryptonite Evolution. I like the orange one. Not sure if it's too heavy but they come with a rack to attach to the bike although they can rattle a fair bit. You can buy the mini but I like the versatility of the standard size. They're really the only locks you can trust for leaving your bike out in public.

Don't use cable locks they're sh*te and your bike will be stolen sooner or later using them.

Advertisement