Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National - Donnybrook Stadium - 15th & 16th June 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

Is the wheelchair platform right at the back? Still waiting on info from aikens regarding special assistance parking less than 24 hrs to go. Tis bad form.

That’s shocking from Aikens. I’d start hassling them on social media if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mrscloudatlas

That’s shocking from Aikens. I’d start hassling them on social media if I were you.

No answer on their phone number. Emailed numerous times and messaged them on facebook. Just hoping one of them sees this. Getting desperate now.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

No answer on their phone number. Emailed numerous times and messaged them on facebook. Just hoping one of them sees this. Getting desperate now.

Twitter shaming is the way to go. I’ve just posted a strong message on it giving out to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

ngunners wrote: »
    €2.50 for water is a bit of a rip-off isn't it?

Never go clubbing in Ibiza... you'll know what a rip of for water is then... :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭ngunners

Never go clubbing in Ibiza... you'll know what a rip of for water is then... :o)

I hadn't intended to anyway. Great gig, hope tomorrow tops it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Could anyone tell me what time the band finished up, and how quick was it getting out of the stadium?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

LowOdour wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me what time the band finished up, and how quick was it getting out of the stadium?

8.45 to 10.45 ish.
    Simples to get out but good luck getting a taxi.

Great gig though. Been a while since I've heard them finish with vanderlyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 xkat11

The gig was amazing! I freaking touched Matt Berninger and have some amazing videos from when he crowd dived!

To the people that asked, the gig finished around 22:45 and it was easy getting the bus to go south, although the bus towards city center seemed crowded. And consider that the venue was about half way filled.

Also today it was very easy to move from the stands to the pitch and vise versa.

I'm now bummed I didn't go for the two day ticket!

Everyone have fun tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Hope they don’t throw in a surprise tonight and play an album from start to finish. Setlists look pretty good. I’d swap conversation and England, and would take squalor and graceless instead for tonight. I think 7 of new album is a bit much, considering the back catalogue.

Hope they don’t throw in a surprise tonight and play an album from start to finish. Setlists look pretty good. I’d swap conversation and England, and would take squalor and graceless instead for tonight. I think 7 of new album is a bit much, considering the back catalogue.

I don't think they will. They would have advertised it at this stage. I got a 2 day ticket in the hopes they would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 jalopy

Is the wheelchair platform right at the back? Still waiting on info from aikens regarding special assistance parking less than 24 hrs to go. Tis bad form.

The wheelchair platform is over to the right hand side as you look at the stage, just past the food stands if coming in from the back. Its maybe two thirds of the way forward towards the stage, so looked a pretty good vantage point to me.

Pretty disgraceful if Aiken havn't gotten back to you at this stage alright.. Probably unrelated really, but I was at the barrier at the front from about 4.30 on and could regularly hear the security guards saying such and such "is on the warpath", "the sh*t is going to hit the fan about staffing levels" etc etc. So whilst everything did seem to run smoothly last night, the stadium was nowhere near full and hearing Aiken may not be as on top of everything as your story suggests doesn't really surprise me now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Any reviews on the support acts? Didn't make it myself sadly but really like John Grant, Preoccupations and Jay Som so interested to see how it went!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Our plan at the moment is get the Luas from town out to Ranelagh and walk the rest of the way.

Does anyone have an idea of the buses that go out by the stadium?
    I thought I saw it a few pages back but can’t find it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 busterp

Our plan at the moment is get the Luas from town out to Ranelagh and walk the rest of the way.

Does anyone have an idea of the buses that go out by the stadium?
    I thought I saw it a few pages back but can’t find it now!

39a, 46a and the 145 are the regular buses out that way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

couple of videos here, Matt filming with someone's phone during VCG:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheNational/comments/8ri65m/matt_pov_video_last_night_in_dublin_during/

Matt going into the crowd/stand during Mr. November:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BkEA2w4AbdU/

Any reviews on the support acts? Didn't make it myself sadly but really like John Grant, Preoccupations and Jay Som so interested to see how it went!

Missed preoccupations.

Jaysom did well with a tiny crowd. Really like their sound.

John Grant was unbelievable. Seemed like he wanted to stay on stage longer. He motioned to someone offstage to see if he had time for another song. Unfortunately he didn't. His voice is so powerful and he brings real humour and warmth to his performances. Will definitely try to go to one of his shows sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mrscloudatlas

jalopy wrote: »
    The wheelchair platform is over to the right hand side as you look at the stage, just past the food stands if coming in from the back. Its maybe two thirds of the way forward towards the stage, so looked a pretty good vantage point to me.

Pretty disgraceful if Aiken havn't gotten back to you at this stage alright.. Probably unrelated really, but I was at the barrier at the front from about 4.30 on and could regularly hear the security guards saying such and such "is on the warpath", "the sh*t is going to hit the fan about staffing levels" etc etc. So whilst everything did seem to run smoothly last night, the stadium was nowhere near full and hearing Aiken may not be as on top of everything as your story suggests doesn't really surprise me now.

Thanks for that. Aikens not answering their phone for the last 2 days. Leaving in an hour so I guess we'll just drive around and hope for the best! Not worried about me, just for my sister who has to push me.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭roll

the wheelchair area was excellent

i used to go into the mosh pit in my teens and twenties just to be cool (or so i thought!!) i now find myself back in the mosh pit in my forties just to drown out the constant chatter..... good gig tho i've probably seen the national too many times at this stage! John Grant was his usual funny awesome self....

Have a two day ticket going free if anyone can call to Leixlip to pick it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 xkat11

My vid of Matt during Day I Die!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BkEJ1_dglUi/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Jesus i hate dream wife. Just too shouty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

What's the deal with entering via assigned routes? I'm supposed to go via the Red route but I've no idea where that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pwisp

Pelvis wrote: »
    What's the deal with entering via assigned routes? I'm supposed to go via the Red route but I've no idea where that is.

The red route is the entrance thats further up the road slightly, theres only two entrances to the gig, one for standing and one for seated

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pwisp

First time seeing The National last night and they didnt disappoint, great set. Saw all of the opening acts yesterday too and Lisa Hannigan defo the stand out for me.

Have a two day ticket so going to catch The National again later on, apparently they have a very different setlist for tonight compared to last night

Friday night was better

Friday night was better

Both nights were fantastic. Having said that, the sound quality was a bit better tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Have to say I preferred Friday too, where we were there was a lot less chat the first night. Got away with a setlist and guitar pick both nights so I'm happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Preferred tonight over Friday night. Was sober tonight which helped :)
    Also the crowd around had minimal chat during and between the songs which was a nice change.

Both setlists excellent too with nice variation over both nights

• Advertisement

Preferred tonight over Friday night. Was sober tonight which helped :)
    Also the crowd around had minimal chat during and between the songs which was a nice change.

Both setlists excellent too with nice variation over both nights

Agree that the crowd were excellent tonight but it might just be where I was standing. A few loud ejjits yesterday.

Can't wait till the national come back to Ireland. I'll be there for sure.

Advertisement