Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National - Donnybrook Stadium - 15th & 16th June 2018

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Driving down to this and not familiar with the area, what is the parking situation like near the stadium? And are there any bars nearby to watch the first World Cup game of the day before the show?

It's on in Donnybrook so most if not all the pubs will have the 2nd test on at 11am. You might have to go out to Stillorgan or stay in town to get the association football. Some of the pubs might have a small area for the world cup, but it's not guaranteed!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 xkat11

Hi everyone, my ticket says enter through the blue route, can someone tell me what that means?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Set times due out tomorrow according to promoter on Twitter. Was just responding to a question someone asked and mentioned it.

Anyone hear anything about what kind of sets the National might be playing? Anything specific on either night? Think the idea of selling a weekend pass is a bit unusual if they're gonna play largely the same set on both nights but also think it's strange that if they're doing something specific, like playing Boxer, on one night, it's odd to not flag that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Set times due out tomorrow according to promoter on Twitter. Was just responding to a question someone asked and mentioned it.

Anyone hear anything about what kind of sets the National might be playing? Anything specific on either night? Think the idea of selling a weekend pass is a bit unusual if they're gonna play largely the same set on both nights but also think it's strange that if they're doing something specific, like playing Boxer, on one night, it's odd to not flag that too!

Day 1 will have songs they play when Lisa Hannagin is touring with them

Day 2 won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭ngunners

I doubt they'll play all of Boxer like they did in Boston and Brussels. I was hoping they would but they'd have announced it already surely.

But I'm expecting two unique setlists with close to 0 crossover. They easily have enough songs to spread them out over both nights and keep everyone happy.

Here's a list of all the songs they've played so far on this tour (taken from reddit):

Guilty Party
    The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness
    Walk It Back
    Day I Die
    I Need My Girl
    Fake Empire
    Turtleneck
    Nobody Else Will Be There
    Bloodbuzz Ohio
    Carin at the Liquor Store
    Terrible Love
    Mr. November
    Don't Swallow the Cap
    Born to Beg
    I'll Still Destroy You
    Afraid of Everyone
    Apartment Story
    Slow Show
    Empire Line
    Dark Side of the Gym
    This Is the Last Time
    Conversation 16
    Secret Meeting
    Sleep Well Beast
    About Today
    Wasp Nest
    Lemonworld
    Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks
    Green Gloves
    The KKK Took My Baby Away (Ramones cover)
    Mistaken for Strangers
    Squalor Victoria
    Pink Rabbits
    England
    The Geese of Beverly Road
    Sea of Love
    Lucky You
    Racing Like a Pro
    Start a War
    Karen
    Guest Room
    I Should Live in Salt
    City Middle
    Brainy
    Maybe Not (Cat Power cover)
    Gospel
    Santa Clara
    Abel
    All the Wine
    Hard to Find
    Driver, Surprise Me
    Love Vigilantes (New Order cover)
    Graceless
    Son
    Heaven (Talking Heads cover)
    Morning Dew
    Rylan
    I Want to Break Free (Queen cover)
    Daughters of the Soho Riots
    Ada
    Baby, We'll Be Fine
    Sorrow

• Advertisement

Day 2 gets About Today finale.

I hope, but I reckon it's a sure thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I'm a big fan of Boxer but dunno how I'd feel if they played it without it being flagged in advance..

Day 1 will have songs they play when Lisa Hannagin is touring with them

Day 2 won't.

Well presume Lisa H will be doing her own set the Friday.

Could well pop up on Saturday again too though, why not sure? Lives in Dublin. Happened for their set in Longitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

ngunners wrote: »
    I doubt they'll play all of Boxer like they did in Boston and Brussels. I was hoping they would but they'd have announced it already surely.

But I'm expecting two unique setlists with close to 0 crossover. They easily have enough songs to spread them out over both nights and keep everyone happy.

Here's a list of all the songs they've played so far on this tour (taken from reddit):

<songs>

yeah that's what i'm thinking, i'm pretty sure they've done similar at other 2-night stops.
    it's for that reason i'll probably crack and get a ticket for the other night :pac:

Eod100 wrote: »
    Well presume Lisa H will be doing her own set the Friday.

Could well pop up on Saturday again too though, why not sure? Lives in Dublin. Happened for their set in Longitude.

She may very well play the two nights.

I just reckon she'll duet on the Friday and those songs will be individual to that night.

Then the second night The National play without her and sing the other songs in their setlists that wouldn't normally feature Lisa (when she tours with them)

Then you have two individual nights (for the two day ticket people) and all without advertising one night as a 'boxer' night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

ngunners wrote: »

Guilty Party
    The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness
    Walk It Back
    Day I Die
    I Need My Girl
    Fake Empire
    Turtleneck
    Nobody Else Will Be There
    Bloodbuzz Ohio
    Carin at the Liquor Store
    Terrible Love
    Mr. November
    Don't Swallow the Cap
    Born to Beg
    I'll Still Destroy You
    Afraid of Everyone
    Apartment Story
    Slow Show
    Empire Line
    Dark Side of the Gym
    This Is the Last Time
    Conversation 16
    Secret Meeting
    Sleep Well Beast
    About Today
    Wasp Nest
    Lemonworld
    Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks
    Green Gloves
    The KKK Took My Baby Away (Ramones cover)
    Mistaken for Strangers
    Squalor Victoria
    Pink Rabbits
    England
    The Geese of Beverly Road
    Sea of Love
    Lucky You
    Racing Like a Pro
    Start a War
    Karen
    Guest Room
    I Should Live in Salt
    City Middle
    Brainy
    Maybe Not (Cat Power cover)
    Gospel
    Santa Clara
    Abel
    All the Wine
    Hard to Find
    Driver, Surprise Me
    Love Vigilantes (New Order cover)
    Graceless
    Son
    Heaven (Talking Heads cover)
    Morning Dew
    Rylan
    I Want to Break Free (Queen cover)
    Daughters of the Soho Riots
    Ada
    Baby, We'll Be Fine
    Sorrow

Yeah if they play that as a setlist ill be happy :pac:

She may very well play the two nights.

I just reckon she'll duet on the Friday and those songs will be individual to that night.

Then the second night The National play without her and sing the other songs in their setlists that wouldn't normally feature Lisa (when she tours with them)

Then you have two individual nights (for the two day ticket people) and all without advertising one night as a 'boxer' night.

Ah i get ya. Think I misread your original post, yeah would make sense and id be happy out if it worked out that way! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Thinking about parking out at the red cow for the saturday. Is it possible with public transport to get back to the red cow after the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Mr.H wrote: »
    Thinking about parking out at the red cow for the saturday. Is it possible with public transport to get back to the red cow after the gig?

That is what i am thinking of doing also. Luas to Abbey Street. Then Luas from O'Connell Street to Ranelagh. If concert is over before 11pm luas should still be running to get back to Red Cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I think the Luas runs till midnight or maybe later. You should have no problem. Taylor Swift is playing in Croke Park that night too. So be ready for a bit of mayhem in city centre when you're switching Luas tracks near O'Connell Street

That is what i am thinking of doing also. Luas to Abbey Street. Then Luas from O'Connell Street to Ranelagh. If concert is over before 11pm luas should still be running to get back to Red Cow.
    minor point, but the O'Connell Street stop is only north-bound.
    the Marlborough St stop next to Abbey St. has the south-bound ones to Ranelagh.

I think the Luas runs till midnight or maybe later. You should have no problem. Taylor Swift is playing in Croke Park that night too. So be ready for a bit of mayhem in city centre when you're switching Luas tracks near O'Connell Street
    Flight of the Conchords in the 3Arena both nights too. Red Line will be wedged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

& Chic has a gig in Malahide castle the Sat night - the city going to be mental the weekend !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hope it's okay to post this- I have 2 standing e-tickets for Friday on sale on Toutless for €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

STAGE TIMES ARE AS FOLLOWS:

FRI // GATES 2pm

The National 8.30pm
    John Grant 7pm
    Lisa Hannigan 5.45pm
    Jaysom 4.30pm
    Preoccupations 3.15pm

SAT // GATES 2pm

The National 8.30pm
    Villagers 7pm
    Cate Le Bon 5.45pm
    Dream Wife 4.30pm
    Rostam 3.15pm

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,616 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Mr.H wrote: »

Im going to drive up the m7 and continue as far as monkstown dart Station. Loads of parking there and then short dart to sandymount and then ten min max walk to donnybrook.

Red line might be nuts that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭floyd333

Does anybody know if it's possible to get onto the pitch with stand tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mrscloudatlas

Anyone know anything about wheelchair access at this venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭LowOdour

beecee wrote: »

SAT // GATES 2pm

The National 8.30pm
    Villagers 7pm
    Cate Le Bon 5.45pm
    Dream Wife 4.30pm
    Rostam 3.15pm

Hope to get on for Rostam and Dream Wife, but that leaves over 2& 1/2 hrs to kill afterwards till the main event. Besides food trucks and beer tents, does the stadium have inside bar where you can get a pint?

LowOdour wrote: »
    Hope to get on for Rostam and Dream Wife, but that leaves over 2& 1/2 hrs to kill afterwards till the main event. Besides food trucks and beer tents, does the stadium have inside bar where you can get a pint?

I’m in same boat; just gonna show up for the National cause I don’t think I can’t kill enough time waiting for the National to come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

Surprised at the negativity about Villagers. Not sure how well it will work in a stadium where people aren't there for him, but seen him in tents at festivals a few times and he's always been excellent! Not everyone's cup of tea I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Just FYI, if anyone wants to see Rostam and doesn't want to arrive 5 hours early for the show, he is also doing a standalone gig afterwards in the Workmans. I know it might not suit everyone, but might be an option for a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

beecee wrote:
    Surprised at the negativity about Villagers. Not sure how well it will work in a stadium where people aren't there for him, but seen him in tents at festivals a few times and he's always been excellent! Not everyone's cup of tea I guess

Im looking forward to the villagers. Gonna be a great day saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

Looks like there's going to be a thunderstorm on Saturday!

Is there much shelter at this ground?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

A nice warm up to get you in the mood for the weekend - Recorded last Saturday in Holland;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugRw7GFcu3w

Setlist

Advertisement