Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National - Donnybrook Stadium - 15th & 16th June 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Looks like there's going to be a thunderstorm on Saturday!

Is there much shelter at this ground?
    not much really, the stand will be full of seated ticket holders.
    Met Eireann saying that it'll be wet in the morning/afternoon, but looks like clearing later in the evening. I'll be bringing the rain jacket anyway though!

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

Any suggestions of available parking relatively nearby or within easy access?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

sydthebeat wrote:
    Im going to drive up the m7 and continue as far as monkstown dart Station. Loads of parking there and then short dart to sandymount and then ten min max walk to donnybrook.

Yea that is a great idea. How late does the dart run? We will have plenty of time make it after the gig i assume? Ill have to check times and stuff when i
    get home from work. Not too familiar with that section of the dart line.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,616 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

As far as I can make out the last South bound train if at 23:41

Im open to correction as I'm not a regular user

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

there's a 00:15 also.
    the gig will be over before 11 so plenty of time to make it over for one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭mosstin

A nice warm up to get you in the mood for the weekend - Recorded last Saturday in Holland;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugRw7GFcu3w

Setlist

Was at this. Honest opinion? The National do not work headlining a festival in a massive field. Their music belongs in quieter places and though I loved the set they played, the magic was lost in the sheer size of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

mosstin wrote: »
    Was at this. Honest opinion? The National do not work headlining a festival in a massive field. Their music belongs in quieter places and though I loved the set they played, the magic was lost in the sheer size of the place.

I hear you. Was at Vicar street last September and it was unbelievable.

However, I thought they were also very impressive in Iveagh Gardens in 2014 which would obviously be a relatively small venue too.

In saying that, Live at the Sydney Opera house looked to have been a class gig too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Agree totally !! they are best suited indoors - saw them in 3 arena a while back and at that they were lost even in that venue. Vicar st was seriously epic … could you imagine a gig in Whelan's now !!! not stopping me going the weekend though !

• Registered Users Posts: 32 xkat11

Hey guys, I'm going to the concert alone - none of my friends even know the band - and I would feel weird hanging out at my seat from 3 to 8, although I would definitely enjoy the music. Can you move freely around the stadium, have a beer and go back to your sit or do you have to stay located there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

xkat11 wrote:
    Hey guys, I'm going to the concert alone - none of my friends even know the band - and I would feel weird hanging out at my seat from 3 to 8, although I would definitely enjoy the music. Can you move freely around the stadium, have a beer and go back to your sit or do you have to stay located there?

From my experience your stuck. But dont leave that stop you. Try to come down to the pitch early when its quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Will there be any sort of pit do you guys reckon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Kfagan10

I've no doubt they'd be on a different level in an intimate setting. However I just saw them at Primavera and they were epic on the main stage (1of 2). Can't wait for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭roll

was getting worried about the weather but yr is giving to be reasonably dry and not too windy...

https://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Dublin/hour_by_hour.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Anyone know what times the bands will be on at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

baldbear wrote: »
    Anyone know what times the bands will be on at?

STAGE TIMES ARE AS FOLLOWS:

FRI // GATES 2pm

The National 8.30pm
    John Grant 7pm
    Lisa Hannigan 5.45pm
    Jaysom 4.30pm
    Preoccupations 3.15pm

SAT // GATES 2pm

The National 8.30pm
    Villagers 7pm
    Cate Le Bon 5.45pm
    Dream Wife 4.30pm
    Rostam 3.15pm

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Anyone know if there are bag or backpack restrictions for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jalopy

Backpacks and large bags will not be allowed into the venue. Bags measuring no more than A4 size (21cm × 29.7cm) will be permitted into the event. Bags will be searched on entry to the event so to keep queues moving, pack as lightly as possible.

You will also be searched at the entrance to the event which may include a full body pat down and/or use of hand held metal detectors. Any items that may reasonably be considered for use as a weapon, or that may cause danger or disruption to any other persons at the event, will be confiscated.

Banned items include: Umbrellas, any large-lens professional cameras or any form of video recorder, flag poles, selfie sticks, sticks for banners, any item that may be used as a weapon, bottles, glass vessels, cans, flasks, frisbees, illegal substances, scooters, skateboards or other skates, laser devices, prams or pushchairs, inflatable or folding chairs, suitcases, laptops, illegal merchandise, hampers and cool boxes, air horns, and all animals except service dogs and guide dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 xkat11

jalopy wrote: »
    Backpacks and large bags will not be allowed into the venue. Bags measuring no more than A4 size (21cm × 29.7cm) will be permitted into the event. Bags will be searched on entry to the event so to keep queues moving, pack as lightly as possible.

You will also be searched at the entrance to the event which may include a full body pat down and/or use of hand held metal detectors. Any items that may reasonably be considered for use as a weapon, or that may cause danger or disruption to any other persons at the event, will be confiscated.

Banned items include: Umbrellas, any large-lens professional cameras or any form of video recorder, flag poles, selfie sticks, sticks for banners, any item that may be used as a weapon, bottles, glass vessels, cans, flasks, frisbees, illegal substances, scooters, skateboards or other skates, laser devices, prams or pushchairs, inflatable or folding chairs, suitcases, laptops, illegal merchandise, hampers and cool boxes, air horns, and all animals except service dogs and guide dogs.

Does that mean we are not allowed to bring plastic bottles of water? Or anything in the way of snacks?

Food stalls and bars are available inside the venue but no alcohol or drinks can be brought into the venue, except for water and soft drinks that are in a sealed plastic bottle, measuring up to 500ml.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/the-national-at-donnybrook-stadium-everything-you-need-to-know-1.3529000

I've taken the info from this article if anyone wants to read the whole thing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Any idea of prices? Guess drink will probably be 6 euro a pint?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭professorpete

xkat11 wrote: »

Also interested to hear from anyone who'll be there today whether moving between stand and pitch is possible - myself and the other half are up in the stand on the Sat and a few mates have standing tickets so I'm hoping we'll be able to sneak down to them at some stage - unless it's lashing rain of course!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭menuisier

Hey, i got a free ticket for nick cave here the other week so i might as well pay on the good deed. I have 4 standing for tonight that look like they are going to waste. If anyone is interested pm me.
    (i did give some money to the guy who gave me the nick cave tickets so i would be hoping whoever would like the tickets would do the same!)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Also have four comp standing tickets on me I got from a mate, anyone wants one shoot me an email at eoinmarronart@gmail.com, won't be checking here. At the show currently so can meet at gates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Fair play lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Fair play lads.

I’m going tomorrow but like reading posts like this. Likewise good on yas

Eod100 wrote: »
    Any idea of prices? Guess drink will probably be 6 euro a pint?

Prices

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭ngunners

Prices

€2.50 for water is a bit of a rip-off isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Prices

Cheers man!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 inz

Do they do wristbands for early birds to get into a pit like they did for Nick Cave?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mrscloudatlas

Is the wheelchair platform right at the back? Still waiting on info from aikens regarding special assistance parking less than 24 hrs to go. Tis bad form.

Advertisement