Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wahoo Kickr Snap calibrate the meter each time?

Options
  • 06-10-2017 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi

I am thinking of getting the Wahoo Kickr Snap, do you have to calibrate the meter each time you put the bike on (after 10 min of riding stop for a period of time) so the power reading is correct? 
    Also can you only do this with an Iphone as I don’t have one of them

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Not on its big brother anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Yeah you do, it's a 30s job. It's advised you do it so that you keep your power readings consistent between sessions. BTW the frequent calibration is need across the Wahoo range. I have the Snap and a friend has the more expensive direct drive Kikr and they also advise you calibrate each time (he does it anyway). It's just a 30 second spin down job.

If you use Trainerroad they have built in support for running the calibration as part of the training session.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Delboy007

jon1981 wrote: »
    Yeah you do, it's a 30s job. It's advised you do it so that you keep your power readings consistent between sessions. BTW the frequent calibration is need across the Wahoo range. I have the Snap and a friend has the more expensive direct drive Kikr and they also advise you calibrate each time (he does it anyway). It's just a 30 second spin down job.

If you use Trainerroad they have built in support for running the calibration as part of the training session.
    Sound thanks for that, yea I am going to use trainerroad so that makes me feel a lot better, but do u need an IPhone to do it or does an android phone/tablet work?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Delboy007 wrote: »
    Sound thanks for that, yea I am going to use trainerroad so that makes me feel a lot better, but do u need an IPhone to do it or does an android phone/tablet work?

I've used a mac and an android phone on different occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Delboy007

Hi
    So I got the Kickr and I done my 1st 20 min FTP Test in trainerroad, I done the calibration before I started the FTP test and then I did not do it again until 20 min in to the workout. I did not see a prompt from trainerroad to do the calibration 10 min in to the workout.
    So because I did not do the calibration until 20 min in does this mess up my FTP test?
    Did I miss the prompt in trainerroad to do the calibration 10 min in (does it just come up in text), or do I need to do something for them to let me know.
    Do I just do one calibration 10 min in?
    I read somewhere to do an advance calibration, how do you do that, all I could see I could do was to press calibration and go up to a certain speed and then stop peddling and then it is done, is this correct?
    Sorry for all the questions I just don't what to have a wrong FTP before I go into one of the training plans in train road.

• Advertisement
Advertisement