Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2 Iron Banner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Yeah played a few round at lunch, theres 2 questlines and I only recall one having powerful gear and the other having rep bundle.

The rep bundle gets you 15 tokens, I reckon the other one is probably just an emblem. There was 2 new ones and 2 new shaders added to the database alongside the guns and armour.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

syboit wrote: »
    The rep bundle gets you 15 tokens, I reckon the other one is probably just an emblem. There was 2 new ones and 2 new shaders added to the database alongside the guns and armour.

You seem to get lots of tokens in round aswell. After 4 games I have over 20 to cash in and I havent cashed in my milestone with them either so a couple of ranks up when I get home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Played a couple of Iron Banner games earlier, 4 vs 4 control with the new Shores of Time map in rotation.
    Map is much the same as before with a couple of small changes such as sandstone pillars obstructing the sightlines between B & C and a slightly different layout on the cliff side approach from the spawn area near A to the platform at B.

Note that before you can access Iron Banner you'll need to visit Lord Saladbar in the tower. Iron Banner weapons and armour available plus a third row of additional rewards that look similar to the existing Vanguard rewards.

In terms of progression, handed in 14 tokens and bar was 2/3rd full so probably somehwere around 20 tokens to rank up.

You seem to get lots of tokens in round aswell. After 4 games I have over 20 to cash in and I havent cashed in my milestone with them either so a couple of ranks up when I get home :D
    CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Played a couple of Iron Banner games earlier, 4 vs 4 control with the new Shores of Time map in rotation.
    Map is much the same as before with a couple of small changes such as sandstone pillars obstructing the sightlines between B & C and a slightly different layout on the cliff side approach from the spawn area near A to the platform at B.

Note that before you can access Iron Banner you'll need to visit Lord Saladbar in the tower. Iron Banner weapons and armour available plus a third row of additional rewards that look similar to the existing Vanguard rewards.

In terms of progression, handed in 14 tokens and bar was 2/3rd full so probably somehwere around 20 tokens to rank up.

Yup, its 20 tokens to get a package. I was getting 5 for a win and 2 for a loss, think the daily challenges give you 2 each and once you complete that you get 15 from Saladin as a reward.

Handed in 3 packages and got 1 armour and 2 weapons.

The new map is a nice addition aswell, redone slightly to look like nessus. Don't think I'd have any issue with the old maps coming back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Lucky you didnt get put in against me I was on fire, had a 4.4 effiency when I jumped off :D

Had a few games and its a bit frantic in most games for some reason. Won by a landslide on a few of the games too.
    Think I was just unlucky in I got thrown into two matches against full team clans who were talking to each other, instead of the chimps I was with who point blank refused to stay together

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Think I was just unlucky in I got thrown into two matches against full team clans who were talking to each other, instead of the chimps I was with who point blank refused to stay together

I always run away from my team when I'm with randoms and I appear to do alot better than when I stick with them. Average efficiency when I stick with them 1.1ish compared to 3.0 when I run around on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Tazzimus wrote: »

Chimpist. Poor ChimpAhoy.

Cayde is not impressed
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I always run away from my team when I'm with randoms and I appear to do alot better than when I stick with them. Average efficiency when I stick with them 1.1ish compared to 3.0 when I run around on my own.

That's the exact opposite to how I play. I stick to teammates like glue, peeking over their shoulders and robbing kills. Maybe not that bad but I'll generally try and group up unless I know we're playing an average - poor team and then I'll take my chances.

That only works in certain situations and certain modes. Most of the time, you'll be feeding the oppo team. You just need to pick the right time to do it and you will clean up.
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    That's the exact opposite to how I play. I stick to teammates like glue, peeking over their shoulders and robbing kills. Maybe not that bad but I'll generally try and group up unless I know we're playing an average - poor team and then I'll take my chances.

I'll generally do this too. Safety in numbers and all that. Team shotting is so powerful now that you can clean up most of the time if you get the upper hand in a situation early on.

There is a time and place for the solo flank runs, and if you time it right, you can really mess them up.

I have to say, now that Crucible is 4's, I have noticed a change in my playstyle; I'm a little more aggressive than I would have been in D1. So far, most of my time has been solo queue, and apart from the odd game, if everyone is one the same page, you'll get the win, even against a 4 stack.

That only works in certain situations and certain modes. Most of the time, you'll be feeding the oppo team. You just need to pick the right time to do it and you will clean up.

I'll generally do this too. Safety in numbers and all that. Team shotting is so powerful now that you can clean up most of the time if you get the upper hand in a situation early on.

There is a time and place for the solo flank runs, and if you time it right, you can really mess them up.

I have to say, now that Crucible is 4's, I have noticed a change in my playstyle; I'm a little more aggressive than I would have been in D1. So far, most of my time has been solo queue, and apart from the odd game, if everyone is one the same page, you'll get the win, even against a 4 stack.

Yeah you cant go off away from the group the entre time but you tend to know when the time is right to nip in behind and fist them :P

• Advertisement

Yeah you cant go off away from the group the entre time but you tend to know when the time is right to nip in behind and fist them :P

Nothing better than a surprise fisting.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

The 'last minute' music is.... Cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Played a few games last night, takes 20 tokens to get a package and the daily rep bundle gives you 15 tokens.

Played 5 rounds last night and had 40 tokens so two packages, got the sidearm and grenade launcher along with a legendary emblem and some of the shaders.

The gear dropped at 284 where my max light level was 293 so not great if your looking to advance your light level.

I also got a random titan mark and gauntlets that weren't the Iron Banner gear but some of the guys I was with got the Iron Banner gear so go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Played a bit last night, mostly solo and some in a party of 2. The game is pretty horrendous solo. Not sure Control works at all, I'd have it as my least favourite D2 mode. You cap flags way too quickly so it turns the game into a merry go round. They should never have removed neutralising flags, it should take longer and having multiple players on the flag should quicken it.

Even though I know you don't cap flags faster as a team I still find myself hopping on with teammates. It's not even a conscious decision and only afterwards I think wtf am I doing?

AdamD wrote: »
    Played a bit last night, mostly solo and some in a party of 2. The game is pretty horrendous solo. Not sure Control works at all, I'd have it as my least favourite D2 mode. You cap flags way too quickly so it turns the game into a merry go round. They should never have removed neutralising flags, it should take longer and having multiple players on the flag should quicken it.

Only got your invite when i started raiding man, notifications were off yesterday :)
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    Even though I know you don't cap flags faster as a team I still find myself hopping on with teammates. It's not even a conscious decision and only afterwards I think wtf am I doing?

Pro tip: T-Bag'ing the point makes it go quicker ;)

gimli2112 wrote:

That wrecks my head a bit being honest. I'm capping a point on my own, watching a hero running in Baywatch style slo-mo cross map to join me standing on the point. I'm looking at him shouting to myself, there's only 4 of us! Kill someone! I get off it before I have have captured it and leave them to it in that case.

I acknowledge it is stupid and will try and do better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

PetKing wrote: »
    That wrecks my head a bit being honest. I'm capping a point on my own, watching a hero running in Baywatch style slo-mo cross map to join me standing on the point. I'm looking at him shouting to myself, there's only 4 of us! Kill someone! I get off it before I have have captured it and leave them to it in that case.

There is a placebo affect where they get a +1 pop up on their screen so they think they have contributed to the score. 4 of you capping a point gives your team 1 point, but all 4 get a +1 indicator

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I always do that as well admittedly.

Jonny, Conar and myself went on a tear last night bar one game.
    Makes a serious difference when you're communicating instead of running around hoping everyone knows what to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Not saying all should cap the point - but more than one person should be involved in the capping. I try (and generally fail) to react to the radar when a point is being capped - start on the point then move to defend the capping of the point by cutting off an attack.

Running off into the fray, leaving that one person to cap and defend themselves, is no better.

You need, imo, more than one person to cap a point - they just don't need to both be standing on it.

I only got to play about 4 matches last night due to my internet connection being down.
    I am enjoying it for it's lack of Supremacy prevelance.
    I do think there is a very "ring around the rosey" vibe to trading A and C points usually as they cap so fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Not saying all should cap the point - but more than one person should be involved in the capping. I try (and generally fail) to react to the radar when a point is being capped - start on the point then move to defend the capping of the point by cutting off an attack.

Running off into the fray, leaving that one person to cap and defend themselves, is no better.

You need, imo, more than one person to cap a point - they just don't need to both be standing on it.

The strategy we used yesterday was when one person is capping a flag ( Say it was me ) sniper came in and we tagged off, i ran out the exit the enemy were most Likelyto be coming from to hold them off for as long as possible so sniper can take the flag, with it being 4v4 now it's much easier to predict where the enemy will be attacking from.

More to it than just that but it'd take a while to write it all out, I can do that tomorrow when I'm back at my desk.

We played five games and won four so we did pretty sweet! It was me, sniper, wonda and sirconor

I only got to play about 4 matches last night due to my internet connection being down.
    I am enjoying it for it's lack of Supremacy prevelance.
    I do think there is a very "ring around the rosey" vibe to trading A and C points usually as they cap so fast

yeah probably could do with an extra two players per team or something to sort that out

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

SeanHarty wrote: »
    The strategy we used yesterday was when one person is capping a flag ( Say it was me ) sniper came in and we tagged off, i ran out the exit the emengy were most Lilly to be coming from to hold them off for as long as possible so sniper can take the flag, with it being 4v4 now it's much easier to predict where the enemy will be attacking from.

More to it than just that but it'd take a while to write it all out, I can do that tomorrow when I'm back at my desk.

We played five games and won four so we did pretty sweet! It was me, sniper, wonda and sirconor

We played maybe 10 and lost a majority (maybe it wasn't that bad but we were 1-3 over the first 4 matches anyway) I think. A couple of HEAVY defeats, a couple of close ones and some stomping wins on our side too.

There's a lot more to be said for capping all 3 in D2 control at the minute. Power plays can push a lead very well. Some crafty fireteams send 3 to B at the start and one to opposing flag, you can have power play from the get go. Granted there's a lot of luck in who kills who at B, but you can be 5 or 6 points up after ~40 seconds.

I miss the rewards screen. Not so much for normal crucible (quick or comp), but for IB, it just feels wrong to not have a reward screen.

and some stomping wins on our side too.

Lucky I got online late so you could go to bed and not be like

16607844.jpg

Lucky I got online late so you could go to bed and not be like

16607844.jpg

Lol that's so me

• Advertisement

Submitted the 10 packages to Saladin, you get the seasonal emblem. For my rewards, chest , 3 gloves, 4 sidearms and 2 grenade launchers.

Advertisement