Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2 Iron Banner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

syboit wrote: »
    Submitted the 10 packages to Saladin, you get the seasonal emblem. For my rewards, chest , 3 gloves, 4 sidearms and 2 grenade launchers.

Already????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Already????

I didnt think that was that quick! say 2-3 games per character to finish the daily challenge plus the extra tokens and end game rewards, probably netted me 80+, enough for 4 packages.

syboit wrote: »
    I didnt think that was that quick! say 2-3 games per character to finish the daily challenge plus the extra tokens and end game rewards, probably netted me 80+, enough for 4 packages.

True i never thought of it across three different alts, I only really run my titan at the moment

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

True i never thought of it across three different alts, I only really run my titan at the moment

Sure im just about enough to get LvL 5/6 at the moment and I have no alts to run :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Experience of Iron Banner today:

Spawns are bollocks, had 3 deaths in a row earlier from spawning almost in front of an enemy.
    Met a cheater, that was great fun getting headshotted by some git flying through the air halfway across the map.
    4v4 is so ****, 6v6 needs to come back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Couple of IB guns getting some love online.

Pulse
    2 stability mods will practically remove all recoil but still useable without. Same archetype as Lincoln Green but better range. Tier below the meta very useable apparently

Fusion
    Super killer. Last perk reduces charge rate by 40% on equip. High damage and decent range. Shock and Awe archetype.

Not big on power weapons and just pick up ammo if it spawns when I'm nearby. As a result I tend to run the one shot Coil for the lulz.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Frustrating that Iron Banner isn't a source for improving your light level.

My Warlock is 303 or something like that just becase of a low light helmet. Any helmet I get from IB is going to be the same low light level - given how IB used to be it is annoying that the drops are now capped below your base light level.

Agreed I can't see me playing it other than getting powerful engrams via Call to Arms. Presumably the IB 10 package reward is a powerful engram?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Progression has been completely killed really. No Reward Screen. No IB gear drops at end of match. Gear from the Engram is 5 Power Levels lower than your currently at. Power level means nothing as it's disabled. No. Don't go there.

It's such a shame as IB was always a great way to gear up. Ok, towards the end of D1, IB just THREW 5hit at you, I think they need to find a happy medium.

Anyone else feel like the IB Engrams are weighted towards rewarding weapons over armour?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Presumably the IB 10 package reward is a powerful engram?

Nope, an emblem is all, as far as i know.

I'll probably still be hoping on to play it, cause I want to be better at PVP and enjoy it more, and IB gets more people playing PVP, but I just find it so disappointing (like much of Destiny 2)

• Advertisement

Nope, an emblem is all, as far as i know.

I'll probably still be hoping on to play it, cause I want to be better at PVP and enjoy it more, and IB gets more people playing PVP, but I just find it so disappointing (like much of Destiny 2)

Yup, just an emblem, nothing else I'm afraid. Did get the fusion, and another sidearm from last 2 packages. Must try out the fusion as mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I don't see any of the "Big Names" being in any way impressed with the IB changes on Twitter for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Not being able to increase light level through IB drops in not an issue for me, it's already easy to level up so I'm just happy to get drops.

The biggest issue for me is lads who still think they're playing D1 and continue to run around solo.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Not being able to increase light level through IB drops in not an issue for me, it's already easy to level up so I'm just happy to get drops.

The biggest issue for me is lads who still think they're playing D1 and continue to run around solo.

This is true. Without manically chasing powerful engrams I have 3 characters at 303 - 304. Could have easily had all three at 305 but once this is done I think that will be it until the next DLC

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ginger_hammer

The amount of kills seems inverse to the amount of caps. I can finish bottom of my 4 with say 10 kills but I have 10+ caps, whereas the top of table has 25 kills but only 2 caps. Seen as the objective is to cap points I thought that would be more highly weighted.

The amount of kills seems inverse to the amount of caps. I can finish bottom of my 4 with say 10 kills but I have 10+ caps, whereas the top of table has 25 kills but only 2 caps. Seen as the objective is to cap points I thought that would be more highly weighted.

You only get one point for getting a cap zone - no matter the number of people on it.

If you see someone capping a zone, you may as well continue on and try to kill more people (in defence of the zone capper, imo).

The objective is to HOLD points (which add to your kill counts), not to cap them. I would guess in an ideal game you might only have 1 cap point across both teams. One team gets B at the beginning and then just controls them for the match?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Yes but it is PvP and kills are king, adding the objective is just the enabler to get those juicy kill points flowing and keep people on the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I don't see any of the "Big Names" being in any way impressed with the IB changes on Twitter for the most part.
    Even from 1 game in the beta I thought the changes to control were stupid, the game mode just doesn't work anymore. You can cap flags too quickly. For example that Earth map with the teleporters, how is it even possible to consistently keep 2 flags there? They're too far apart so they only way to win is to just lap the map constantly capping flags.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

AdamD wrote: »
    Even from 1 game in the beta I thought the changes to control were stupid, the game mode just doesn't work anymore. You can cap flags too quickly. For example that Earth map with the teleporters, how is it even possible to consistently keep 2 flags there? They're too far apart so they only way to win is to just lap the map constantly capping flags.

I think thats their aim tho, not have anyone camping so if they keep everyone moving then they wont get complaints about campers setting up tents with their marshmallows in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I think thats their aim tho, not have anyone camping so if they keep everyone moving then they wont get complaints about campers setting up tents with their marshmallows in hand.

They have that mode in the hopper, it's Clash. Control should really be about controlling 2 zones though, strange design direction from Bungie.

• Advertisement

nevelator wrote: »
    They have that mode in the hopper, it's Clash. Control should really be about controlling 2 zones though, strange design direction from Bungie.

I played the other night and won a match, comfortably, with our team scoring less kills, cause we controlled two points for most of the match. Controlling the points make a big difference to the scores, as if we have two points and I trade a kill, we get 2 points and they get 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I think he means the inability for teams to consistently hold the same 2 flags has made it a mess, of course you still need to have more caps than the other team but its not control anymore, its run around in a circle trying to cap more flags than the other team because unless there's a massive gap between the 2 teams the map/mode design doesn't lend itself to holding flags consistently.

reckon I'm upto 7 IB sidearms at this stage. C'mon Saladin, how about something else! Interesting maths on reddit someone worked out average 30ish packages to get all guns/armor. Have seen a few in the tower full decked out already.

Think I'd struggle with that sidearm, so used to the Last Hope's range and damage. Was on earlier capping B in that Town map, guy running towards me with a sword, me with the Last Hope equipped thinking "You're not going to make it buddy" :)

Actually that map is the only one where I'll automatically swap out the Antiope for the Mida, particularly on Control.

Got the Auto Rifle haven't tried it yet. Titan done still stuck at 304.

The amount of Uriels gifts going around in Iron Banner at the moment is insane.

someone light a candle for the select few of us that haven't had one drop yet:mad:

someone light a candle for the select few of us that haven't had one drop yet:mad:

yeah it's pretty much a goto secondary on a lot of set ups. I got a few from the gunsmith I'm sure. The good / bad thing about no rolls is once you got one you don't need another. Not sure who drops it out in the wild? Is it the Titan vendor? (The interwebz is telling me it's Failsafe)

gimli2112 wrote: »
    yeah it's pretty much a goto secondary on a lot of set ups. I got a few from the gunsmith I'm sure. The good / bad thing about no rolls is once you got one you don't need another. Not sure who drops it out in the wild? Is it the Titan vendor? (The interwebz is telling me it's Failsafe)

yeah I think its failsafe (atleast I'm nearly sure that's where wonda got dropped two from one package :rolleyes:)

Feck Uriels gift, the one Im using is better, slide to fill part of your clip etc :P Its the trials auto I believe.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Feck Uriels gift, the one Im using is better, slide to fill part of your clip etc :P Its the trials auto I believe.

I'm using a bluey....

• Advertisement

I'm using a bluey....

Pfffffttttt get rid of the blue and even use Scathelock, that thing is really good and then wait until you get uriels or the prosecutor :P

Advertisement