Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Weinstein scandal (Mod warning in op.)

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 55 ✭✭Candyshell

Her name didn’t stand out even after Weinstein. I googled her and saw the same info you posted. I hadn’t seen any of those movies or hadn’t seen her before as far as I know.

But I know those Male actors you mentioned and R Kelly from before any accusations. But I hadn’t heard of the accusations until you mentioned them right now (except R Kelly)

To be fair ‘obscure Male actor you’ve never heard of, might have had sex with 17 year old actor you’ve never heard of’ doesn’t make an amazing headline. But Tom cruise, or James woods are instantly recognisable.

This story shows that it’s moving in the right direction thanks in large part to metoo

Spoken like a true zealot. When you look at mettoo movement objectively you can see that there are both positive and negative consequences of it. Zealots on both sides focus on what they want to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,522 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Candyshell wrote: »
    Spoken like a true zealot. When you look at mettoo movement objectively you can see that there are both positive and negative consequences of it. Zealots on both sides focus on what they want to see.

What exactly about my post suggested zealotry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Her name didn’t stand out even after Weinstein. I googled her and saw the same info you posted. I hadn’t seen any of those movies or hadn’t seen her before as far as I know.

But I know those Male actors you mentioned and R Kelly from before any accusations. But I hadn’t heard of the accusations until you mentioned them right now (except R Kelly)

To be fair ‘obscure Male actor you’ve never heard of, might have had sex with 17 year old actor you’ve never heard of’ doesn’t make an amazing headline. But Tom cruise, or James woods are instantly recognisable.

This story shows that it’s moving in the right direction thanks in large part to metoo

Whether it’s “heading in the right direction” will very much depend on how this story evolves tbh. Metoo already had a pretty poor record of sidelining and marginalizing male victims. Argento isn’t the first prominent female metoo advocate to be accused of impropriety either. At least this time the wider movement seems to be saying hell no to people like Rose McGowan, whose lost a lot of credibility.

The real test will be do advocates afford the same standard in all cases. Already we’re seeing a mix of poorly thought out attempts to differentiate cases like this and, surprisingly, op-Ed’s that maybe we need to slow down and wait for due process because the rush to judgement to now was so unfair. It’s not that I disagree with waiting for due process but the hypocrisy of folks like McGowan changing her tune on this once a female friend is accused makes for horrible optics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Really? Never heard of Asia, prior to the Weinstein thing, I mean? That's pretty strange. (No offence).

Her dad is Dario Argento, famous Italian horror director. She starred alongside Vin Diesel in XXX, as well as in Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette, as well as George Romero's Land of the Dead.

I think the only other example(s) that springs to mind is Stephen Collins from 7th Heaven admitting to molesting his niece.
    Or R Kelly and his 'house full of young girls'. Or James Woods allegedly hitting on 16 year old girls.

Not really. All those films are pretty niche. Except maybe the Vin Diesel one and many people avoid his films with good reason. And her father is well-known in Italy and maybe with horror film fans internationally. I can easily see why many people wouldn’t have heard of her. I knew her name but I had certainly never heard of her father before this scandal.

tritium wrote: »

Whether it’s “heading in the right direction” will very much depend on how this story evolves tbh. Metoo already had a pretty poor record of sidelining and marginalizing male victims. Argento isn’t the first prominent female metoo advocate to be accused of impropriety either. At least this time the wider movement seems to be saying hell no to people like Rose McGowan, whose lost a lot of credibility.

The real test will be do advocates afford the same standard in all cases. Already we’re seeing a mix of poorly thought out attempts to differentiate cases like this and, surprisingly, op-Ed’s that maybe we need to slow down and wait for due process because the rush to judgement to now was so unfair. It’s not that I disagree with waiting for due process but not he hypocrisy of folks like McGowan changing her tune on this once a female friend is accused makes for horrible optics.

I'd say it's clear that it's moving in the right direction as these cases are so much more likely to come to light.

I don't know who McGowan is either tbh. But I gather she has been vocal in there Cass but less critical in this case and Asia is her friend. There's a great reason we don't allow friends of the accused/alleged victim to be on a jury in court. Because we don't expect them tonnage clear judgement about a close friend as we do about a stranger.

I think holding her as the standard for metoo is just looking to stack the deck so you can be outraged.

• Advertisement

I'd say it's clear that it's moving in the right direction as these cases are so much more likely to come to light.

I don't know who McGowan is either tbh. But I gather she has been vocal in there Cass but less critical in this case and Asia is her friend. There's a great reason we don't allow friends of the accused/alleged victim to be on a jury in court. Because we don't expect them tonnage clear judgement about a close friend as we do about a stranger.

I think holding her as the standard for metoo is just looking to stack the deck so you can be outraged.

You don’t know who McGowan is? I don’t get how you can comment on metoo without knowing the actual story of it. There’s just too many gaps there without that knowledge and Rose McGowan is a pretty fundamental piece of the story.

Or are you just playing your previous games to misrepresent people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Yes but... I had never heard of Asia before this story and Tom Cruise is massive news when he does anything. He jumped on Opera’s sofa and it was front page news.

So an analogous story would be an actor I’ve never heard of who might have statutory raped a 17 year old actor.

Fair enough, their level of fame would make it more newsworthy, but I wasn't really referring to that aspect of things, I meant with regards to gender and as has been said, even an anecdote about James Woods apparently inviting a 16 year old to Vegas garnered far more vitriol and so I can only imagine what it would be like if he'd actually had sex with her in a hotel and posted online about how he was her 'daddy' and she his 'little girl' as he paced around his hotel room feeling 'alive!'

I'm not saying that there should be the same reaction to Asia doing what she did, than if a male actor did, I'm saying they should be similar. Personally I think there tends to be an overreaction when male actors or producers are said to have engaged in questionable behaviour, immediately labeling them evil monsters and an under reaction when it's a woman, as we've seen recently with the female professor at NYU, where excuses were made for her.

As for #metoo heading in the right direction, nonsense. With respect, you seem to have blinders on to just how destructive this #metoo movement has been. In my view (and that of others) three suicides have directly or indirectly resulted from this public naming and shaming of alleged abusers (Anthony Bourdain, Benny Fredriksson and Jill Messick) and it could easily have been more.

All #metoo did was make skipping due process fashionable for awhile and hopefully that will soon peter out. Cliff Richard recently won a case for how the BBC reported his arrest, so that can of nonsense should change and I think it's only a matter of time also before reporting one of these metoo anecdotes lands a network, publication or even an individual in court too and quite frankly, the sooner it does, the better. If people want to hashtag metoo without naming people, fine, but let's be honest, this has largely been about trial by social media of named individuals and that aspect of it all has been very destructive.

Which of course is in large part why it has been that Asia has not been given the benefit of doubt which she and Rose feels she should be, as people feel why should she be afforded something which she didn't afford others. Wait for due process and be gentle with her? When they showed no such mercy for any of the men who have been accused of much less crimes than what she has, and with a hell of lot less evidence of their guilt too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

In general, I've seen similar levels of disgust directed at Argento but her profile is far lower than Weinstein so not going to get anywhere the same level of coverage. To claim this somehow discredits the me too movement is ridiculous and it has been reported by all major publications. It doesn't somehow change anything else that's happened.

You're naive if you think that.

Asia was pretty much the face of the metoo movement along with Rose and these allegations discredit her, and bring into question her motives and her credibility, which in turn absolutely tarnishes the metoo movement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

batgoat wrote: »
    In general, I've seen similar levels of disgust directed at Argento but her profile is far lower than Weinstein so not going to get anywhere the same level of coverage. To claim this somehow discredits the me too movement is ridiculous and it has been reported by all major publications. It doesn't somehow change anything else that's happened.

Yeah, I gotta say outside of a few apologists, Argento seems to be getting the derision she deserves. Even the Guardian has written a few articles that don’t hold back.

The fame levels would play a part in these revelations making a smaller splash. She’s not very well known in this part of the world.

• Advertisement

batgoat wrote: »

That’s the way I’ve seen this whole thing. I’m glad this guy had the platform to come forward and I don’t care which guilty parties are thrown under the bus to lubricator the wheels - as soon as they’re proved guilty of course.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of Asia or McGowan before this incident. And I don’t care how any of them behave in any single incident. The movement is trundling forward and there’s nothing they can do to stop it in the single instance even if they want to.

That demonstrates the good the movement is doing overall, however it works out in individual cases. That’s for the courts to figure out.

As for #metoo heading in the right direction, nonsense. With respect, you seem to have blinders on to just how destructive this #metoo movement has been. In my view (and that of others) three suicides have directly or indirectly resulted from this public naming and shaming of alleged abusers (Anthony Bourdain, Benny Fredriksson and Jill Messick) and it could easily have been more.

All #metoo did was make skipping due process fashionable for awhile and hopefully that will soon peter out. Cliff Richard recently won a case for how the BBC reported his arrest, so that can of nonsense should change and I think it's only a matter of time also before reporting one of these metoo anecdotes lands a network, publication or even an individual in court too and quite frankly, the sooner it does, the better. If people want to hashtag metoo without naming people, fine, but let's be honest, this has largely been about trial by social media of named individuals and that aspect of it all has been very destructive.

Which of course is in large part why it has been that Asia has not been given the benefit of doubt which she and Rose feels she should be, as people feel why should she be afforded something which she didn't afford others. Wait for due process and be gentle with her? When they showed no such mercy for any of the men who have been accused of much less crimes than what she has, and with a hell of lot less evidence of their guilt too.

I don’t think I’ve seen many people in this thread sayings should wait for all the info to come through before passing judgement. You’re criticising the ‘other side’ for doing the exact same thing that everyone else is doing.

I feel I’m in the minority for not pretending to have all the info. Since when is it so unfashionable to want to leave it to the court to decide?

Oh, that’s just the metoo crowd who go in for that kind of carry on, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I don't think it's moving in the right direction-in fight I think it's veered in all the wrong directions. McGowan was tainted long before she spoke of Weinstein's assault. She had no problem working with Victor Salva, but then again goes after James Franco or Woody Allen.
    She claimed she 'got out of acting' because its all comic book movies. Yet she was attached, at one point, to a Red Sonja movie to be directed by her boyfriend Robert Rodriguez. (He left his wife because of her). Because she was box office poison, that movie didn't happen.

Ditto Uma Thurman complaining about Tarantino and Weinstein. Now her daughter just got a major acting role in QT's new movie.

It all feels self serving.
    Not really. All those films are pretty niche. Except maybe the Vin Diesel one and many people avoid his films with good reason. And her father is well-known in Italy and maybe with horror film fans internationally. I can easily see why many people wouldn’t have heard of her. I knew her name but I had certainly never heard of her father before this scandal.

I love movies, so I find that strange. Dario was an Italian horror legend (his movies now...are rather bad. As in he's still making movies). But I can understand how people don't know who he is.

Yeah-I'm no fan of Vinnie D. I think Iron Giant and GotG are his only two good movies. (Never cared for Saving Private Ryan-he's not bad in it, I'm just not a fan of the movie).
    Vin Diesel himself seems an okay kind of guy. It's just his movies I've never dug.

I don't think it's moving in the right direction-in fight I think it's veered in all the wrong directions. McGowan was tainted long before she spoke of Weinstein's assault. She had no problem working with Victor Salva, but then again goes after James Franco or Woody Allen.
    She claimed she 'got out of acting' because its all comic book movies. Yet she was attached, at one point, to a Red Sonja movie to be directed by her boyfriend Robert Rodriguez. (He left his wife because of her). Because she was box office poison, that movie didn't happen.

Ditto Uma Thurman complaining about Tarantino and Weinstein. Now her daughter just got a major acting role in QT's new movie.

It all feels self serving.

You're focusing on individuals as if they are the movement. The movement is happening even if some individuals involved behave duplicitously.

The fact that the 17 year old actor could come forward IS part of the metoo legacy. The same with the PHD student who was subject of a recent thread. Metoo has given a platform to those people and McGowan can object all she likes.

Isn't the consensus that McGowan is not getting any traction in the Asia case? Doesn't that demonstrate that no matter how influential an individual is within the movement, they can't stop the movement from supporting the alleged victim?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Nauseating to see the defence from Lysette Anthony yesterday.

https://perezhilton.com/2018-08-26-asia-argento-lysette-anthony-defense-quote-comment-me-too-movement/

Anthony remains the only actress that I'm aware of to sleep her way to the bottom.

Tbh it feels like metoo is at a fulcrum point. Whether these allegations are good or bad for it very much depends on how the wider movement and it’s support base reacts to it. It’s not clear yet what that outcome will be, so for most of us, certainly those who support accountability, all we can do is watch and wait.

#metoo started out with a lot of pace. It’s profile grew quickly and it acted to confirm stories that had sat around Hollywood and elsewhere for decades. One of the criticisms of the speed of that growth was that there was a rush to bypass any due process, and many individuals found themselves ostracized on the back of rumour or vague allegation. In some cases there was a mere whisper campaign that upended individuals.

Equally many of the most vocal advocates were slow to have their own backgrounds scrutinized, and it gained a tribalism at times. When Cristina Garcia was accused of sexual harassment the silence from most quarters of metoo was startling.Rose McGowan raised against hypocrisy while cozying up to a child molester. like many revolutionaries, they found that, once they had taken control, they became just as corrupted by the power. It was notable too on many of the twitter exchanges, where several male victims, including some who were at the forefront of metoo from early on, were marginalized and excluded. Key figures like Argento and McGowan definitely helped fuel this, their statements turning metoo into “us vs them” rather than a force for change against all forms of corruption of power.

Now it’s hit it’s second speed bump, and it’s notable how a somewhat more mature movement is reacting to it. There appears to be two camps forming - one that is willing to be inclusive in its criticism and one that remains deeply polarizing. Many outlets like the Guardian actually seem caught between these two poles, with commentary that shifts between the two extremes. In there somewhere is a call from more moderate voices to respect due process, however there’s a real danger that that call will be seen as self serving given many of the figures caught up in this were themselves keen to dispense with due process.

Its obvious certainly that this turn of events has caught the movement by surprise on many levels. What seems most likely now is something of a power struggle. Argento and McGowan (and a number of others) are coming out of the current revelations as quite toxic. Whether the movement ditches both them and their mindset will be key to what happens next.

I don’t think I’ve seen many people in this thread sayings should wait for all the info to come through before passing judgement.

Then you haven't been paying attention. From the start the cornerstone of the metoo movement has been 'believe women' and those objecting to that have always maintained that that is a ridiculous position to take in that it circumvents due process (initially at least) in favour of public naming and shaming.
    You’re criticising the ‘other side’ for doing the exact same thing that everyone else is doing.

Again you're not paying attention. No matter what 'side' someone is on I feel it should be illegal to name them publicly before they have even been charged with anything, be they John Leslie, Weinstein or Asia Argento.

Then you haven't been paying attention. From the start the cornerstone of the metoo movement has been 'believe women' and those objecting to that have always maintained that that is a ridiculous position to take in that it circumvents due process (initially at least) in favour of public naming and shaming.

Again you're not paying attention. No matter what 'side' someone is on I feel it should be illegal to name them publicly before they have even been charged with anything, be they John Leslie, Weinstein or Asia Argento.

Ed Westwick was the one that got me - fired from a play called Ordeal by Innocence by accusation alone.

Fair drips with irony that, and not in a good way.

Nauseating to see the defence from Lysette Anthony yesterday.

Ah yes, Lysette Anthony, yet another of these metoo women that claim Harvey raped them, but yet went onto to have a sexual relationship with him over many years.

When will people wake up that this movement is rotten to it's core.

Ah yes, Lysette Anthony, yet another of these metoo women that claim Harvey raped them, but yet went onto to have a sexual relationship with him over many years.

When will people wake up that this movement is rotten to it's core.

I would love to say soon but it's far too self serving in nature and I fear we are stuck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,831 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

X- Factor Italy just fired her.

You're focusing on individuals as if they are the movement. The movement is happening even if some individuals involved behave duplicitously.

The fact that the 17 year old actor could come forward IS part of the metoo legacy. The same with the PHD student who was subject of a recent thread. Metoo has given a platform to those people and McGowan can object all she likes.

Isn't the consensus that McGowan is not getting any traction in the Asia case? Doesn't that demonstrate that no matter how influential an individual is within the movement, they can't stop the movement from supporting the alleged victim?

The problem is, they put themselves at the forefront of the 'movement'-so in essence, they are the movement. Or the roots of it.
    When the roots are poisoned, the whole system is poisoned. And these ladies are poison.

Notably, if you look at Rose McGowan, she's trying to put the blame on the victim, in this case a male. She's claiming he sent Argento nudes, when he was 12... Well, if that was true, then she should have gone to the police. But it sounds like the nudes were solicited by Asia.
    If that was guy, there would be no defence of '12 year old boy sent me nudes/ 12 year old girl sent nudes'... you tell them to stop, or you go to the police and tell them 'this s**t is unsolicited-and they won't stop.'

So 'I believe her' is just that-only 'her'? No children? No males?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6104239/Rose-McGowan-released-explosive-statement-Asia-Argento-sex-scandal.html

We're supposed to 'believe Asia'-not a kid. A kid she groomed. And the more Rose talks, the more disgusting Asia sounds.

If this were a court case, as in trial, judge, jury etc and you put Rose McGowan and Asia Argento forward as witnesses-the case would fall apart. You've got someone who worked with a known paedophile, and another who groomed a small boy and had sex with him when he was underage.
    It would be lucky to be called a mistrial.

There was a noticable reason why Asia and Rose weren't invited to the Oscars. This stuff is known about town.

Unrelated, but it sorta still bugs me.

One case that's always struck me as dodgy was the claims Kesha made against Dr Luke. Luke, no doubt, was not a nice guy. Far from it. But, imo, not a rapist or abuser. He was the kind of guy who pushed people the wrong way, but he got em hit singles, so to heck with it.
    Kesha, under oath, stated he never raped or molested her. As did her mother. and then they claimed he did.

Their evidence was 'he's a douchebag'...well, so are many people. But they're not rapists. There was also a claim that he raped Katy Perry, yet the court papers have been released, and Perry's response was 'absolutely not'.

The problem is, they put themselves at the forefront of the 'movement'-so in essence, they are the movement. Or the roots of it.
    When the roots are poisoned, the whole system is poisoned. And these ladies are poison.

Notably, if you look at Rose McGowan...
    ‘They put themselves at the forefront of the 'movement'-so in essence, they are the movement’.

That’s just not true though, is it? If metoo was a members club, with an elected council and McGowan was the Chair, then maybe you’d have a point.

If McGowan and Asia weren’t even invited to the oscars by metoo, then how on earth are they ‘in essence the movement’?

I think it takes a large dollop of desire to detract from metoo to pretend these 2people are in essence the movement. Especially considering they were excluded from the Oscars which was one of the major public protests the movement has held.

Asia and McGowan are ‘in essence the movement’ but they couldn’t even wrangle themselves an invite to a major protest? Wouldn't they have been organising the oscars protest if they were ‘in essence the movement’?

‘They put themselves at the forefront of the 'movement'-so in essence, they are the movement’.

That’s just not true though, is it? If metoo was a members club, with an elected council and McGowan was the Chair, then maybe you’d have a point.

If McGowan and Asia weren’t even invited to the oscars by metoo, then how on earth are they ‘in essence the movement’?

I think it takes a large dollop of desire to detract from metoo to pretend these 2people are in essence the movement. Especially considering they were excluded from the Oscars which was one of the major public protests the movement has held.

Asia and McGowan are ‘in essence the movement’ but they couldn’t even wrangle themselves an invite to a major protest? Wouldn't they have been organising the oscars protest if they were ‘in essence the movement’?

It was majorly noticed they weren't invited. McGowan was on twitter denouncing folks like Streep and so on, because they applauded people like Polanski, Allen and sucked up to Weinstein. Her and Asia would have caused trouble, and so omitting them was the Oscars way of preventing trouble.

Mira Sorvino, Ashley Judd and Annabella Sciorra were invited to the Oscars. That was noticed. Only one of those women was allegedly raped by Weinstein. The other two had their careers ruined.

Cannes was where Rose and Asia were invited, the Oscars was the most 'fake' showing of 'metoo' that anyone had seen. They were fascistically stating 'we're all wearing black' and then denounced the few women who didn't. The argument being that 'rape victims are always hidden away, we should wear colour and be seen'.

They then had Oprah step out and 'absolve them' of their sins-when really the whole thing showcased the whole 'we're hiding'. They even brought up Kirk Douglas onstage to 'honour' him-despite the allegations he's been linked to, yet forced Casey Affleck to stay away.
    The Oscars was farcical, quite frankly.

If you want to see the danger of 'metoo'. You only have to look at this comment from Kelly Clarkson and the Dr Luke case.

https://pagesix.com/2018/08/27/kesha-and-dr-luke-trade-barbs-in-unsealed-court-docs/
    “Whether or not Dr. Luke [sexually and verbally abused Kesha], this is his karma and he earned it,” Clarkson testified in a deposition.

“He’s not a good person. I have told him that to his face and I don’t work with him,” she said. She also called Luke is “kind of a bully and demeaning…kind of like the Napoleon complex.”

It seems claiming someone is a rapist whether they did or didn't do it is 'karma'. No its not, it's sick.

http://www.dailyedge.ie/rose-mcgowan-released-a-statement-cutting-all-ties-from-asia-argento-following-recent-allegations-4205345-Aug2018/

I loathe McGowan anyway - two faced mare - but even she has seen that Argento sort is a complete paedophile.

http://www.dailyedge.ie/rose-mcgowan-released-a-statement-cutting-all-ties-from-asia-argento-following-recent-allegations-4205345-Aug2018/

I loathe McGowan anyway - two faced mare - but even she has seen that Argento sort is a complete paedophile.

So... McGowan knew about this behaviour going on for about ten years, and kept quiet?
    This isn't cutting ties-this is protecting herself. The messages were sent to McGowan's current partner. The 'nudes' started when the kid was 12, he's now 22.

Chr!$t, these people are freaking sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,831 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So did Rose McGowan leak all the text's messages to the press or did her partner do it?

If she knew before this well before it was leaked by the press did she inform the proper authorities?

If she went to the press and didn't go to the proper authorities then is she compliant in some sort of cover up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,044 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

So did Rose McGowan leak all the text's messages to the press or did her partner do it?

If she knew before this well before it was leaked by the press did she inform the proper authorities?

If she went to the press and didn't go to the proper authorities then is she compliant in some sort of cover up?

Twitter is Roses proper authorities.

Rose knew it was going to come out that the 'being' she is dating was in talks with Asia where she revealed receiving naked images of the boy since he was 12 and of course knew the first thing that the media, and folk on Twitter, would do was slate her for not coming forward with this information, had she not done so.

Rose is in effect just trying to save her own arse in all of this.

All her 'I'm evolving and learning' crap is pathetic. She had fingers in her ears for the past year or so and wouldn't listen to a damn thing anyone was saying. Any article that was balanced and pointed out how she should be too, she retweeted and slated as enabling Harvey Weinstein. Now she's listening, now she's open to it being more about abuse of power than being symptomatic of patriarchal oppression, but only because she has no choice. A woman in a position of power abused it and she can't run from that.

Although she did once say that the patriarchy killed Aileen Wuornos, so guess it's something that she's conceding that Asia did something wrong but I still believe it's all just an attempt to save herself and not the metoo movement as she'd like us all to believe.

• Advertisement

Rose knew it was going to come out that the 'being' she is dating was in talks with Asia where she revealed receiving naked images of the boy since he was 12 and of course knew the first thing that the media, and folk on Twitter, would do was slate her for not coming forward with this information, had she not done so.

Rose is in effect just trying to save her own arse in all of this.

All her 'I'm evolving and learning' crap is pathetic. She had fingers in her ears for the past year or so and wouldn't listen to a damn thing anyone was saying. Any article that was balanced and pointed out how she should be too, she retweeted and slated as enabling Harvey Weinstein. Now she's listening, now she's open to it being more about abuse of power than being symptomatic of patriarchal oppression, but only because she has no choice. A woman in a position of power abused it and she can't run from that.

Although she did once say that the patriarchy killed Aileen Wuornos, so guess it's something that she's conceding that Asia did something wrong but I still believe it's all just an attempt to save herself and not the metoo movement as she'd like us all to believe.

With that we have gone so far into lunatic territory we ain't coming back!!!!

Wasn't it a lethal injection after she shot 5 blokes ???

Advertisement