Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harvey Weinstein scandal (Mod warning in op.)

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

It's an open secret that Spacey is gay, but that's not the issue. Allegedly the rumours claim that he abused his position when riding on the A list to sleep with very young men and teenagers and manipulate them into silence. Very odious.

As for the paedophelia in Hollywood, well that is truly despicable. I fully believe Corey Feldman about what went on (and is probably still going on) and I would dearly like to see these sick perverts exposed and brought down. The revelations must not stop with Weinstein.

I'd say a lot of lawyers are getting a lot of calls from Hollywood insiders at the moment.

As for Gwyneth Paltrow, she is Hollywood royalty with big family connections to the industry (her mother is Blythe Danner) so I find it puzzling why she would have to go along with Weinstein's perversions. I think she alleges that Weinstein harassed her, but the extent of that harassment is unclear. Other actresses who allege abuse by Weinstein came from outside Hollywood with no powerful connections so they would have been easier prey for him than Paltrow.

Recall Spacey being in Ireland in the late '90s, and even then, before social media, the phrase doing the rounds was that he was a person who did not understand the word "no".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

I'm thinking Spacey will be found out sooner or later-nothing stays a secret for long. And he's at the stage where he's not a money maker for Hollywood anymore. He can be a supporting player-but he's not a lead.
    Plus, more and more people are challenging him about his 'lifestyle'. His dad was a pervert too, so it runs in the family.

any link to back this up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Recall Spacey being in Ireland in the late '90s, and even then, before social media, the phrase doing the rounds was that he was a person who did not understand the word "no".

Allegedly called the Space Monster in Hollywood!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

haha love that "pisstake" argument, my college lecturer made the same apologist shtick. The whole thing is one big ironic pisstake by 'Irish American' Ford eh? Funny yankee audiences didn't 'get it' then or now(look at the bus loads that still visit the filming sites, ironically of course):) Its the most stage "oirish", diddley di ****e you can get, makes Darby O Gill look like a documentary and ultimately spawned what we now know as bord failte and the 'Irish Cailin'/Rose of Tralee industry. Point I was making is how things that were wholely acceptable at one stage ( dragging slapping women etc) and hiding in plain sight, arent anymore. Was also referring to the making of stories more than anything else too.

It's okay, dear.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Rogan saying a lot of women in the business aren't saying anything because they did f*ck him for movie parts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Rogan saying a lot of women in the business aren't saying anything because they did f*ck him for movie parts.
    It's a possibility alright.

Though one part irritates me when Rogan gets onto the whole Brian Singer angle he mentions that these powerful older gay guys surrounded themselves with "twinks", young looking gay guys, who may or may not have had some underage guys among their number. But he completely fails to note that a lot of powerful older straight guys often surround themselves with female "twinks". When was the last time Mick Jagger or Jimmy page went out with a woman their own age? But because it's gay guys it's somehow intrinsically wrong? I know it's an aside, but it irritates me.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

philstar wrote: »
    any link to back this up?

Sure thing.

https://moviepilot.com/posts/2858205
    Spacey's brother, Randall Fowler, who is a Rodney Stewart impersonator in Boise, Idaho, has spoken out about his father, according to FOX News. Fowler claims their father sexually abused him and another female relative, while leaving Spacey alone.

Annnnd another director's been caught. James Toback-never heard of him.
    (Also wrote the movie Bugsy).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5005765/Thirty-women-accuse-James-Toback-sexual-harrassment.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

He also did the Tyson documentary about a decade back, at a glance a lot of his other movies seem to focus on sexuality - 38 women have apparently come forward on him.

He wrote the 1970s James Caan movie 'The Gambler' but his breakout directorial film was a semi-autobiographical movie called 'The Pickup Artist' (1987) and he has an upcoming movie called 'The Private Life of a Modern Woman' :rolleyes:

So now even a woman who wasn't assaulted and has nothing to speak up about can have her very own shadow of suspicion following her around anyway - that she slept her way to success?

I guess you just can't win.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

How hard can it be to watch Harvey Weinstein have a w-$-$-k......

When you consider how much money could be made .

I wonder how many of these actress had agents (male / female ) that had a good idea what Weinstein was like but encouraged their clients to visit Harvey in his hotel room / apartment .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Recall Spacey being in Ireland in the late '90s...

Yeah, he was here making a movie about The General (ODC). I was an extra in it. Would have a bigger role but I wouldn't... only messing. Was a crap film anyway but apparently he was in London just before shooting started and seen Colin Farrell in a play there and so gave him a part in ODC and then during shooting recommended some LA casting agent to him who flew over to Ireland, got drunk with Colin and then Joel Schumaker almost immediately cast him in Tigerland (Farrell's first film apart from an Irish made RTE TV film, Falling For a Dancer - which he got because he taught line dancing in Break for the Brother at time).

Many have questioned over the years why Colin has never really bestowed thanks on Spacey for what effectively was him kickstarting his career (in Hollywood at least) but I'm highly doubt Colin would have shagged Spacey in exchange for some strings being pulled in LA. He could perhaps have come on to him heavy though and after being rejected, in an effort to smooth things over, hooked him up with the casting guy.

And there was this so he certainly seems to like guys but he could have been "rehearsing for a role" I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

So, man's Hollywood career takes off quickly due to him getting connected. It's probably because he refused sexual advances and the situation got smoothed over.

Woman has a successful career in the vicinty of Weinstein. It's probably because she f*cked her way into jobs, and she should be ashamed and should stfu about Weinstein.

Cool.

So, man's Hollywood career takes off quickly due to him getting connected. It's probably because he refused sexual advances and the situation got smoothed over.

Woman has a successful career in the vicinty of Weinstein. It's probably because she f*cked her way into jobs, and she should be ashamed and should stfu about Weinstein.

Cool.

Talk about reading what you want into a post...........

Does this look like someone who believes that "anyone had successful career in the vicinty of Weinstein.... was probably because she f*cked her way into jobs"??
    Well, most of those that have spoken out did tell him the naff off tbf: Cara, Garai, Mira, Rosanna Arquette, Judd, Seydoux, Jolie, Klass, Palthrow all declined his kind offers.

Clearly not....... but you'll imply it of me nonetheless.

Wibbs wrote: »
    It's a possibility alright.

Though one part irritates me when Rogan gets onto the whole Brian Singer angle he mentions that these powerful older gay guys surrounded themselves with "twinks", young looking gay guys, who may or may not have had some underage guys among their number. But he completely fails to note that a lot of powerful older straight guys often surround themselves with female "twinks". When was the last time Mick Jagger or Jimmy page went out with a woman their own age? But because it's gay guys it's somehow intrinsically wrong? I know it's an aside, but it irritates me.

I think the question there is that these 'twinks' may look young because they are young, as in not of legal age to drink-or possibly not to give consent. JAgger did date younger women-but of age, able to give consent. Yes, he dates younger women-just not 'that' young.
    JupiterKid wrote: »
    As for the paedophelia in Hollywood, well that is truly despicable. I fully believe Corey Feldman about what went on (and is probably still going on) and I would dearly like to see these sick perverts exposed and brought down. The revelations must not stop with Weinstein.

I'd say a lot of lawyers are getting a lot of calls from Hollywood insiders at the moment.

As for Gwyneth Paltrow, she is Hollywood royalty with big family connections to the industry (her mother is Blythe Danner) so I find it puzzling why she would have to go along with Weinstein's perversions. I think she alleges that Weinstein harassed her, but the extent of that harassment is unclear. Other actresses who allege abuse by Weinstein came from outside Hollywood with no powerful connections so they would have been easier prey for him than Paltrow.

Feldman was recently busted for having marijuana-poor guy, hope he doesn't go the way if Haim.

I agree on the lawyers thing, no doubt.

As for Paltrow-Asia Argento is the daughter of Dario, also movie royalty. Didn't stop her being abused. It doesn't protect a person.

http://www.pajiba.com/think_pieces/harveys-girls-the-wouldbe-ingenues-where-are-they-now-and-what-happened-then.php

There have been many women who haven't spoken up. Gretchen Mol, Jessica Alba, a bit of deferment by Blake Lively, Moira Kelly, Monica Potter, Mena Suvari, Amy Smart-quiet as church mice. Mol it's believed was practically Harvey's prostitute, but treated with less respect.
    Candie wrote: »
    So now even a woman who wasn't assaulted and has nothing to speak up about can have her very own shadow of suspicion following her around anyway - that she slept her way to success?

Sadly, yes-and that's probably what's offended Hollywood more-the idea people 'slept' their way to the top or are being exposed for it. (She was exposed before this but Asia Argento slept with 'JT Leroy' to get the film rights to the book 'The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things'. It's in the documentary 'Author: the JT leroy story'. Quite a lot of people don't come across well in that. But I imagine Argento's behaviour is understood now-but makes you wonder who else she slept with to get a role).
    If just one person does it, it raises questions about the other. So despite all the success...the taint will remain on many of these actresses, sadly. And this includes those who've rejected every creepy advance made on them by a pervert.

Some disturbing tales about Spacey. Back's up the doesn't understand the word 'No'.
    http://defamer.gawker.com/people-keep-telling-us-about-kevin-spacey-s-aggressive-1686507320

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

Does this look like someone who believes that "anyone had successful career in the vicinty of Weinstein.... was probably because she f*cked her way into jobs"??

Clearly not....... but you'll imply it of me nonetheless.

hahaha, what's going on now? he's quoting himself and arguing against his own crap.

I really think this thread should be closed, or the guys should take their 'discussion' in their nice 'gentlemens' club where nobody but themselves is bothered about the blablabla.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I think the question there is that these 'twinks' may look young because they are young, as in not of legal age to drink-or possibly not to give consent. JAgger did date younger women-but of age, able to give consent. Yes, he dates younger women-just not 'that' young.
    Jagger did. Kinda... Jimmy Page most certainly did not. He spied a 14 year old girl by the name of Lori Maddox and took her away with him on tour where he bedded her. Neither did a certain Mr Bowie, who also took his turn on the young Ms Maddox(both are on public record, not least by Ms Maddox herself). As did Jagger, but he did wait until she was 17... The list of musicians who had sex with underage girls is a long one(Ted Nugent, Jerry Lee Lewis, Marvin Gaye, Bill Wyman, Iggy Pop for a start). So while I might certainly raise an eyebrow if some gay director is surrounded by young looking men, some who may just be under the age of consent to give consent or drink(the latter 21 in most(?) US states), I just find it interesting that some see that as somehow worse and it's essentially because they're gay. I like my standards not so double.
    tara73 wrote: »
    I really think this thread should be closed, or the guys should take their 'discussion' in their nice 'gentlemens' club where nobody but themselves is bothered about the blablabla.
    Took longer than I thought. This is a problem with any form of Correct Think™ at any time in any place. Any discussion beyond the accepted truth™ the believers seek to shut down. Not always, but mostly because they can't muster a corresponding argument. A picture paints a thousand words.

fingers-in-ears-300x269.jpg

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

TBH Pete it was my first thought too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Uma Thurman, one of my favorite actresses and star in a few Tarantino/Weinstein films, has remained very very silent on the unfolding scandal. There is a photo about showing her puckering up to Weinstein from a few years back.

I wonder if those remaining silent are adopting a “wait and see” approach or have got legal advice?

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Uma Thurman, one of my favorite actresses and star in a few Tarantino/Weinstein films, has remained very very silent on the unfolding scandal. There is a photo about showing her puckering up to Weinstein from a few years back.

I wonder if those remaining silent are adopting a “wait and see” approach or have got legal advice?

She was married to Ethan Hawke at the time-tho I find it interesting about what happened during the making of Kill Bill.
    Ethan Hawke and Thurman met on the set of Gattaca, married, and he cheated on her during the time she was making Kill Bill. His reasons for it were 'he thought she was cheating with someone else'-he believed it was Tarantino. Well, it was ignored at the time, but maybe she was? Just with Harvey.

I mean, if you cast your mind back-she was box office poison before Kill Bill (2003). Her last hit movie was Gattaca-6 years prior. She made the stinkers Batman and Robin, The Avengers (based on the 60s show) and Chelsea Wall. Everything else-bad. So how did Kill Bill happen?
    After the Kill Bill movies were done-more bad movies. Be Cool, Prime, The Producers remake, My Super ex-Girlfriend, The Accidental Husband, Playing for Keeps and Motherhood. The last film being the lowest grossing film in UK history (Made £88. Yes, less than a hundred quid).

She has spoken on Harvey-kinda. Seems like she's not telling the whole story.

Also, if you cast your mind back to 'the Fappening'-it's been long claimed that a hollywood exec's phone was hacked in order to obtain all those images and videos. The hack was claimed, but when the US government couldn't hack an Apple phone, it made the iCloud hack seem dodgy. Speculation has been that Weinstein could have released the images in a way to 'control' his actresses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I guess this would be a side-note but it really makes you question what it takes to become successful in acting.
    Hollywood, and even actors themselves, love to spout on about an actor being so gifted, researching a character, giving an amazing performance etc. That the cream rises to the top. But great actors would be a dime a dozen in New York or L.A. So what is talent? I guess you could say it's luck. Then how can it be luck if in order to get on you got to sleep with someone.

Perhaps if you are willing to do some nasties with Weinstein it shows how committed you are....!

TBH Pete it was my first thought too.

Surprised at that tbh, Wibbs, as earlier in the thread you thanked this post of mine. A post in which I called out another user for doing precisely what I am being accused of now: believing that any woman that was in the vicinity of Harvey over the years (and who went on to get successful) must have "f*cked her way into jobs". If that was indeed my view, why would I call out another user for expressing it? Wouldn't make any sense. In that post I named ten women who declined Harvey and even posted Eva Green's account also, mentioning how she too declined him but yet here I am getting accused of believing that any woman that was in Harvey's vacinity over the years, that then went on to get successful, must have "f*cked her way into jobs". I simply just don't believe that Colin Farrell did anything sexual with Spacey in order to get ahead (excuse the pun). Has nothing to do with his gender. If I believed he had done, I'd say so. There's no double standard on my part there.... as appears to be the nonsense implication.

Haim more than likely got the worst of it..

A passage from the Wiki page for the Film Lucas:
    In Corey Feldman's 2013 book Coreyography, he explains the sexual abuse Corey Haim experienced during the filming of Lucas. Allegedly one of the adult men on the set of the film convinced Haim that it was "normal for older men and younger boys in the business to have sexual relations". Haim and the man walked off and went between two trailers on the set and Haim was sodomized by him. Feldman also says the man who did this is still alive and is one of the most successful people in the industry.

Maybe I'm a million miles off here but surely there is only one person who worked on that film, that is today 'one of the most successful people in the industry'. Hhmm.

As for Haim being raped at 11, I note this from his wiki:
    I was 10, and I'll never forget we went to like a crew party and my mom and dad were like dancing with other people and it was rocky; and I just started crying, whatever, and I remember Sarah (Jessica Parker) pulling me outside with Robert (Downey Jnr). And Robert said, you're comin' to live with me. And the next thing I remember I was in their car and we were walking, we went back to their place, and in their bedroom upstairs in this New York loft, they just cleaned everything out and put a blue lightbulb in there for me and a mattress and everything, and I lived there for a month and a half two months, with him and Sarah.

Now suggesting RDJ wasn't cool to him but man from what I've read about him back in those days, he was doing all sorts of ****. Sure he must have been only 17/18 at the time himself. What a crazy fcuked up life Corey H had.

Well here we go with problems with what Corey Haim says. He would've been 10 in 1981. The film that SJP and RDJ met on was released in 1984.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

Ah here, he didn't say that at all.
    It is very reasonable to suggest that an awful lot of Hollywood stars (and not just women) have skeletons in the closet regarding how they succeeded.

And frankly, any 'artist' who betrayed their integrity by screwing a producer for a role needs to be named and shamed.

We've seen reports that at least one actress was responsible for destroying the career of a male actor who warned her about Weinstein, not knowing that she was blowing him at the time.

They are, at the very least, collaborators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

In terms of people involved in the movie Lucas there was Charlie Sheen, Jeremy Piven and Winona Ryder (though all three would have been teens, Ryder possibly a preteen during shooting) and the director was David Seltzer who is quite well known himself (in terms of his work). That said, it also could well have been someone near 'the top' of their part of the industry like DOP, makeup, staging, etc.

As for Sheen, funny enough my girlfriend has actually worked with him and only had a lot of good things to say, including his being hugely respectful of everyone right down to runners and camera grips. Not to say that eliminates all possibility or anything, and 30 years is a long time to change, just figured it worth noting.

Well here we go with problems with what Corey Haim says. He would've been 10 in 1981. The film that SJP and RDJ met on was released in 1984.

Well, he was born in December 1971 and as Firstborn would likely have been shot in 1983, he'd have been 11 throughout filming, so he could just be remembering a year out. Or maybe what he spoke of was just before filming. Sure seems odd for his parents to have allowed him to go off and live with an 17 year old actor and his girlfriend in New York at either age anyway. I remember his Dad made an appearance on The Two Coreys at one point and he hadn't seen him in years.

That's a bit naive. Lot's of them jump into bed with people like him to secure movie roles or just staying in the business in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

That's a bit naive. Lot's of them jump into bed with people like him to secure movie roles or just staying in the business in general.

I wonder how many women did the deed and he subsequently reneged on their deal.

I wonder how many women did the deed and he subsequently reneged on their deal.
    Probably not. George Clooney has said he Harvey told him he had affairs with women. It sounds like he did the trick of Jimmy Saville who openly admitted what he was doing in public but in such a way people just laughed it off as ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

haha love that "pisstake" argument, my college lecturer made the same apologist shtick. The whole thing is one big ironic pisstake by 'Irish American' Ford eh? Funny yankee audiences didn't 'get it' then or now(look at the bus loads that still visit the filming sites, ironically of course):) Its the most stage "oirish", diddley di ****e you can get, makes Darby O Gill look like a documentary and ultimately spawned what we now know as bord failte and the 'Irish Cailin'/Rose of Tralee industry. Point I was making is how things that were wholely acceptable at one stage ( dragging slapping women etc) and hiding in plain sight, arent anymore. Was also referring to the making of stories more than anything else too.

You are making the classic mistake of judging the past through the eyes of the present.
    In any case, the Wayne character starts out believing he could order his wife around but ends up under her thumb and doing her bidding.
    You should have listened to your college lecturer, he's in that job for a reason, ie he knows more than you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Mol it's believed was practically Harvey's prostitute, but treated with less respect.

She categorically closed down that notion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I mean, if you cast your mind back-she was box office poison before Kill Bill (2003). Her last hit movie was Gattaca-6 years prior. She made the stinkers Batman and Robin, The Avengers (based on the 60s show) and Chelsea Wall. Everything else-bad. So how did Kill Bill happen?

Tarantino and Uma Thurman came up with the general idea for Kill Bill during the filming of Pulp Fiction. It was always going to be her playing the role. The ending of the first film even has "Based on the character of 'The Bride' created by Q and U", Quentin & Uma, in the credits.

Just saying, she was Tarantino's pick for the part, not Weinstein's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Cool.

I guess it comes down to how believable and likely that something could happen, are.

Would a desperate Colin Farrell give Spacey some sex for a chance in a career bump?

Would any number of desperate females give HW some sex in return for a career bump?

Depends how you see things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

You are making the classic mistake of judging the past through the eyes of the present.
    In any case, the Wayne character starts out believing he could order his wife around but ends up under her thumb and doing her bidding.
    You should have listened to your college lecturer, he's in that job for a reason, ie he knows more than you!

Actually a she, at least you aren't exhibiting patriarchal ideals there by automatically assuming lecturer was a he though, that would truly undermine your whole argument, haha:) For the record another lecturer(also a female believe it or not) entirely disagrees with her on the matter, its called academic discourse, give it a go, you'll find its not all male tutors on campus either, majority females of my BA and MA degrees in college in question. Honestly I can forward all prescribed readings on the topic if you desire, you sound like you know it all already though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Penn wrote: »
    Tarantino and Uma Thurman came up with the general idea for Kill Bill during the filming of Pulp Fiction. It was always going to be her playing the role. The ending of the first film even has "Based on the character of 'The Bride' created by Q and U", Quentin & Uma, in the credits.

Just saying, she was Tarantino's pick for the part, not Weinstein's.

I agree with you. Especially when you consider that Tarantino always casts the same people in his movies. Samuel L Jackson, Michael Madsen, Tim Roth etc. So it shouldn't be so surprising to see Uma Thurman cast in Kill Bill, even if she didn't help create Kill Bill she would still be considered I think.

Well, he was born in December 1971 and as Firstborn would likely have been shot in 1983, he'd have been 11 throughout filming, so he could just be remembering a year out. Or maybe what he spoke of was just before filming. Sure seems odd for his parents to have allowed him to go off and live with an 17 year old actor and his girlfriend in New York at either age anyway. I remember his Dad made an appearance on The Two Coreys at one point and he hadn't seen him in years.

I think many parents were very hands off with their kids around then-they assumed the business would look after their kids-it didn't. Phil Lynott's mother made some of the same mistakes-like, she became his 'friend' too-often smoked weed with him. But didn't suspect the other stuff.

RDJ did a good thing by trying to give Haim some stability, but Haim being around an addict like Downey Jr probably did more harm than good.
    Haim did not have a good foundation, to say the least.

If you skip to the last part, where the parents split up, you note how his mother had to stay on as 'mother, agent, and best friend'. In part two-she didn't discipline him, she behaved like his best friend-seemed like his dad was the authoritarian, so when they split, he pretty much was free as a bird.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/10/marilyn-manson-bassist-twiggy-ramirez-accused-of-rape.html

Marilyn Manson's bassist revealed to be a rapist. Twiggy Ramirez, and he's done it more than once. Seems like the floodgates have barely opened.

Some more disclosures about Weinstein asking for massages, walking around naked, asking to be watched as he bathed etc... from an ex UK assistant of his:
    Harvey Weinstein's British assistant breaks 20 year silence about ordeal

Harvey Weinstein's British former assistant has told how the disgraced movie mogul sexually harassed her when they were alone in hotel rooms.

Zelda Perkins signed a non-disclosure agreement with Weinstein in 1998 and was paid £125,000 in damages.

But she decided to​ break​ the agreement and speak publicly about her former boss in the wake of a slew of allegations about him.

She told the Financial Times: "He went out of the room and came back in his underwear. He asked me if I would give him a massage. Then he asked if he could massage me."

Ms Perkins declined but said Weinstein would frequently be naked in a hotel room and and ask her to stay while he bathed.

"This was his behaviour on every occasion I was alone with him," she said. "I often had to wake him up in the hotel in the mornings and he would try to pull me into bed."

As his assistant, based in London, she sat in on meetings with stars like Leonardo DiCaprio and Gwyneth Paltrow.

In 1998 at the Venice film festival a colleague came to her "white as a sheet and shaking and in a very bad emotional state" after "something terrible had happened" with Weinstein, she told the Financial Times.

Ms Perkins said she tried to get the woman to go to the police but she was too upset.

They later made contact with lawyers in London which led to a settlement of £250,000, divided between them, and non-disclosure agreements.

Ms Perkins called the process of reaching the agreement was "incredibly distressing".

She underwent days of questioning including a 12-hour session with Weinstein's lawyers that ended at 5am, the newspaper reported.

She said: “I was made to feel ashamed for disclosing his behaviour and assault. I was pretty broken after the negotiation process.”

What the hell was with this guy and being watched showering and bathing. Didn't he have Heidi Fleiss's number ffs.

Is it too late to get Harvey to sexually harass me . I could do with £125.000 which 20 years ago would have been worth a good bit more than it is today .

Nasty man but potentially a bit of an earner if you can handle that sort of stuff .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

blinding wrote: »
    Is it too late to get Harvey to sexually harass me . I could do with £125.000 which 20 years ago would have been worth a good bit more than it is today .

Nasty man but potentially a bit of an earner if you can handle that sort of stuff .

It doesn't help when you make light of his crimes.
    Would you be so flippant if it was a female family member or friend who was abused by this scumbag.

What the hell was with this guy and being watched showering and bathing. Didn't he have Heidi Fleiss's number ffs.
    Like I reckoned earlier P, it's not a sexual thing per se, it's all about the power with him. The movie mogul thing, the ability to cut deals, to have studios, assistants and talent jump to his will. The greasy stuff we're hearing about now was an extension of that. I'd imagine paying a woman to do whatever wouldn't appeal for very long to that type of personality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

There is some good news this morning...

Celebrity photographer Terry Richardson 'is banned from working with major fashion magazines including Vogue' after sexual harassment claims resurface
    Celebrity photographer Terry Richardson has been banned from working with several major fashion magazines amid resurfacing sexual harassment claims.

Vogue, GQ and Vanity Fair are among those who were told to 'kill' any scheduled shoots with the snapper by parent group Condé Nast International.

Richardson has been the subject of widespread allegations of sexually abusing models over his lengthy career -- accusations he has constantly denied.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5010505/Terry-Richardson-banned-major-fashion-magazines.html

I've mentioned Richardson previously, he is a well known deviant. I wouldn't be surprised if numerous women make public allegations about him too after recent events.

Like I reckoned earlier P, it's not a sexual thing per se, it's all about the power with him. The movie mogul thing, the ability to cut deals, to have studios, assistants and talent jump to his will. The greasy stuff we're hearing about now was an extension of that. I'd imagine paying a woman to do whatever wouldn't appeal for very long to that type of personality.
    Aye. Was saying this to a mate, while the sexual thing applies in some cases in Weinstein's (and other "powerful" people) case it's all about power. Women most certainly get the brunt of this crap in Hollywood but that's down to most men being straight.

Celebrity photographer Terry Richardson 'is banned from working with major fashion magazines including Vogue' after sexual harassment claims resurface

I've mentioned Richardson previously, he is a well known deviant. I wouldn't be surprised if numerous women make public allegations about him too after recent events.
    About bloody time TBH. His "issues" have been out in the public domain for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

Some more disclosures about Weinstein asking for massages, walking around naked, asking to be watched as he bathed etc... from an ex UK assistant of his:

As mentioned it was about the power over the situation. You don't have to punch someone in the face to be a Bully. One aspect of his harassment was about putting women in situations that were uncomfortable, embarrassing and extremely humiliating for them. Due to his stature he reckoned he would get away with it. He had money, power and influence. I guess like anyone who get's off on something like that becomes bored of doing that **** with just his assistants and random staff, you start to look for bigger 'kicks' and what better high for him would it have been than having some of the world's leading movie stars, some of the world's most beautiful women feel that same embarrassment, the same humiliation for him to get off on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Terry makes my skin absolutely crawl. I can't even look at pictures of him without my spidey senses tingling. He's an out and out weirdo. He should have been properly exposed years ago.

A day late and a dollar short.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5010505/Terry-Richardson-banned-major-fashion-magazines.html

I wonder if they will-Richardson, from the stories told, was worse than Weinstein. There were plenty of stories of him, and some amazingly 'cover up' articles written about him-the likes of which made mine, and many's a persons, skin crawl. Then he sidled up to Hollywood folks, and even had Lena Dunham-notorious faux-feminist extraordinaire, defending him after she did a shoot with him.

You really, really cannot describe how horrible Richardson is-I'm not joking, the guy is just an astronomical monster. (He dumped his wife, when she, at 29, was diagnosed with breast cancer). He even left a digital paper trail, including messages he sent to models.
    There are a lot of models online sites who keep a roster of photographers, to tell models who is safe to work with, who might push them out of their comfort zone (this isn't necessarily bad, just one model may feel uncomfortable in a situation that another will enjoy the pressure) and who to avoid entirely-and Terry was often on the last list.
    He had a famous mom, but no actual talent. But predators often get themselves into power.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/british-tech-star-zain-jaffer-faces-child-sex-charges-in-california-rrvqvgg3z

I don't know if this is related or not to Weinstein-but dear God. This is absolutely horrific.

It doesn't help when you make light of his crimes.
    Would you be so flippant if it was a female family member or friend who was abused by this scumbag.
    £ 125 ,000 + 20 years inflation isn’t that light .

There are many different types of women in the world , Thank God . . Yes many would be deeply effected by Harvey Weinstein horrible carry on .

Some women perhaps not that many would probably start laughing at Weinstein trying his nasty stuff and tell him where to go good and proper .

Some them would accept £125 ,000 thousand + 20 years inflation thinking what a pathetic plonker and Bank the cash .

Not all women are the same and some , fortunately would be well able for horrible Harvey Weinstein .

• Advertisement
Advertisement