Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harvey Weinstein scandal (Mod warning in op.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭tara73

anna080 wrote: »
    [QUOTE=tara73;105143219]isn't it symptomatic again some men here have nothing better to do than cornering the woman midlandsmissus who just said she will bring the bully to court who sexually assaulted her.

you are just so utterly pathetic. ask yourself, why do you feel the need to corner her and question her in this way?
    you guys should better shut up. it's a disgrace for your gender and with the HW scandal and all the others which are floating in daily, it's out in open daylight and everybody can see now what the majority of mens' character is. we women knew this all the time because we have to deal with it everyday (at work, at home with domestic abuse, fear going out alone in the dark etc. and many more situations).
    this evilness is in almost every men and you can all jump up and shout: OUTRAGEOUS DIFFAMATION. I wish it would be, but unfortunately it's not, it's the truth.

What happens in war zones or in cultures where are no civil laws to protect people, i.e the women like it is here in Europe?
    Women can't dare to go out on the street alone because they are BEING RAPED!! And they are not being raped by the minority, no, if you abolish civil society, also the 'nice guys', who behave within a civil society because of fear of punishment through law will show their real side and start to rape.

The pathetic thing is, in this civil world, men are utterly frightened about women because deep inside they feel women have much more abilities than men, especially in our modern world, where male characteristics like being physically strong and 'emotionless' are not of much use anymore.
    And the more they sense this, the more they need to oppress us women to keep the upper hand.

But you need to get used to that, we doesn't let ourselves be oppressed anymore, we get your perfidious games and we are not longer taking it. we stand up against this ****, more and more.
    There you can bet on!

First of all- the first bit never happened. Maybe read the posts again.

Second bit- are you for real? What hysterical garbage. I'm a woman and you do not get to speak for me.

The third bit assumes you can speak for men too and happen to know their inner most thoughts. What a load of insulting bolloxology your post is, to every gender.

Inaccurate. Ill informed. Insulting. Hysterical.[/QUOTE]

was clear that your reaction to this would be like this.

inaccurate, ill informed, insulting, hysterical. you use the terms which men would use to a woman who spoke up 30 years ago.

so tell me: inaccurate. why is it inaccurate? you say men are not going berserk and raping in wars and societies where's no protection by law is inaccurate? please, google it, you have hundreds of pages about it. and with that I would also pass back your 'ill informed' to you.

insulting.
    so you think speaking the truth is insulting, yes? again, your standard is that of 1950, where it wasn't alllowed to speak up and a woman who tells the truth is insulting the men.

hysterical.
    wow, again such a nice word from the 70's or whenever to try to silence a woman who gets angry because oh, shock horror, a woman who gets angry can't be, she must be discredited and called hysterical. really laughable.
    you are one disgrace and unfortunately there a lot of woman like you which is a huge problem. woman like you are enabling the oppression. women like you crave the acceptance from men and do everything to please them. I can see it in your posts here.

you can all call me hateful, I have no problem with that because that's what I am with all the experience I made in the last years with men. If you're a woman who don't comply to the oppressing tactics of the mens' world, you have no chance, I experience this all the time. If you don't let yourself belittle, if you don't admire the great words from the mouth of a men in front of you and give them their so much needed validation (boss, date or whatever), but instead have your own opinion and knowledge and don't hold back with it you can be sure to be on the blacklist very soon. and sexual harassement is very often part of it too.

but I can imagine you really don't know about this because you are a coward. as said, you seem to need the validation from men, like they want it from women, and you obligingly play this stupid game, so with your view, things will never change.

instead you are here on the forum and judging women who spoke up about their sexual abuse. you are an insult to me and to many, many women who are not like you and take the consequences of speaking up and don't let themselves be treated like the second class gender.

and you are right, I definitely don't speak for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

JupiterKid wrote: »
    So the net of sexual abuse allegations seems to be getting wider and wider. I really think the Weinstein revelations are the straw that broke the camel's back when it comes to Hollywood. Well overdue too.

As an aside, I was deeply disgusted at some of the shockingly misandrist rants of a couple of posters earlier in this thread. Why can't we acknowledge that abuse and harassment is widespread and do what we can to speak out and call out abuse when we see it - and support the victims? But let's face it - someone groped in a bar is not in the same league as someone who has been brutally raped. And young men and boys as well as women and girls have been the victims of sexual abuse. Lets not lose a sense of perspective here.

To allege that all men are potential rapists is not just disingenuous but it downright offensive and insulting and has no place on this thread.

I agree with you up until the bolded part, and think your heart is in the right place. But the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Everyone has the right to air their opinions on boards, no matter how unpopular. But they are open to being challenged and dismissed as absurd too, which is what has happened here. That's the only way a person is going to think twice about deeply held convictions.

This 'offensive and insulting' bolloxology only leads to safe spaces and circle jerking, and eventual censorship. We're all grown ups, and nobody gets to decide what is morally acceptable on boards.ie, or anywhere else on the web. I've seen too much of that shyte in the last few years, and it get hijacked by those with ideological agendas-always.

King's College in the UK is now hiring Gestapo safe space marshalls at £12 an hour to ensure that 'offensive' views are immediately punished. This is where we are headed if we even entertain notions of the safe space brigade:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2017/10/26/kings-college-hires-safe-space-marshals-police-controversialspeaker/

Let people have their say and healthy debate will find it's own way.
    I'm sure that after reviewing all the feedback from her, shall we say, poorly formed opinions (to put it mildly), she's probably wondering this morning "Is it me who might be wrong?"

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how reason and logic comes into play.

There's been an awful lot of money, time, and effort put into radicalising both sides in the gender wars over the last few decades. And a lot of them need to be gently spoken to instead of shouted at. It's a full blown industry now, and it has gone mainstream. There's big bucks to be made selling dogma and guilt to gullible, pampered Westerners.

You might laugh if I used the word brainwashing, but if you spend 5 years in college with a batsh1t crazy feminist saturating your every waking moment with scare stories about rapey men everywhere, after a while you'll start to believe it. And it only takes a few weeks before these ideas start to sink in and set like concrete into the mind of a starry eyed idealist.

So continue to engage with people and get them back into the realms of sanity. It'll be a long process but radical ideas flourish when they are unchallenged.

God knows, I had my own cringey political 'right on' opinions back in my revolutionary wannabe college days.

tara73 wrote: »

you can all call me hateful, I have no problem with that because that's what I am with all the experience I made in the last years with men. If you're a woman who don't comply to the oppressing tactics of the mens' world, you have no chance, I experience this all the time. If you don't let yourself belittle, if you don't admire the great words from the mouth of a men in front of you and give them their so much needed validation (boss, date or whatever), but instead have your own opinion and knowledge and don't hold back with it you can be sure to be on the blacklist very soon. and sexual harassement is very often part of it too.

but I can imagine you really don't know about this because you are a coward. as said, you seem to need the validation from men, like they want it from women, and you obligingly play this stupid game, so with your view, things will never change.

instead you are here on the forum and judging women who spoke up about their sexual abuse. you are an insult to me and to many, many women who are not like you and take the consequences of speaking up and don't let themselves be treated like the second class gender.

and you are right, I definitely don't speak for you.

Do you not even realise how you're insulting women?

You may feel second class, you may feel expected to be in thrall to men, you may sneer at other women you consider to be playing a stupid game, and you may justify all this because you have been treated badly, but if you think for a moment that it's indicative of the huge majority of male/female interactions, you're deluded.

I've never allowed myself to be treated as less than anyone else, and you don't get to announce otherwise. Nor do you get to judge other peoples relationships with the opposite sex by your twisted standards or unfortunate experience.

You're entitled to your opinion, but belittling women who don't share them is doing exactly what you accuse men of doing, except you want to be congratulated as standing up for women in the same breath.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

inaccurate, ill informed, insulting, hysterical. you use the terms which men would use to a woman who spoke up 30 years ago.
    Or just maybe they were descriptive of your rant?
    so tell me: inaccurate. why is it inaccurate? you say men are not going berserk and raping in wars and societies where's no protection by law is inaccurate? please, google it, you have hundreds of pages about it. and with that I would also pass back your 'ill informed' to you.
    And how does "protection by law" come about? Who came up with it, who enforces it? Women? Nope, afraid not.
    insulting. so you think speaking the truth is insulting, yes? again, your standard is that of 1950, where it wasn't alllowed to speak up and a woman who tells the truth is insulting the men.
    Your truth. In your opinion. Others hold different opinions y'know and will express them. Or should we all just genuflect to your opinions? Seems that's what you want. It's got fcuk all to do with gender either.

hysterical.
    wow, again such a nice word from the 70's or whenever to try to silence a woman who gets angry because oh, shock horror, a woman who gets angry can't be, she must be discredited and called hysterical. really laughable.
    "from the 70's or whenever" #facepalm.
    you are one disgrace and unfortunately there a lot of woman like you which is a huge problem. woman like you are enabling the oppression.
    What bloody oppression are you wittering on about? The average women in Ireland today will live longer, be more educated, better paid(before kids come along) and get more societal support throughout her life than the average man in Ireland. I know this may wrinkle your brow, but these are facts.
    you can all call me hateful, I have no problem with that because that's what I am with all the experience I made in the last years with men.
    The mask slips further and now we get to the crux of things. Typical rookie error, assuming one's personal experiences equate to others.
    If you're a woman who don't comply to the oppressing tactics of the mens' world, you have no chance, I experience this all the time. If you don't let yourself belittle, if you don't admire the great words from the mouth of a men in front of you and give them their so much needed validation (boss, date or whatever), but instead have your own opinion and knowledge and don't hold back with it you can be sure to be on the blacklist very soon. and sexual harassement is very often part of it too.
    If something, anything unhealthy is consistently happening in your life, then I hate to break it to you, the one true consistency is you. If you come to believe the glass is always half empty, you will seek out half empty glasses. Your worldview defines your personal world. And since people will nearly always prefer to be proven right rather than be content in life, this pattern is usually well dug in. Every time I hear of a bloke who thinks "all women are bitches", or a woman who thinks "all men are bastards" this pattern is always in play.
    but I can imagine you really don't know about this because you are a coward.
    When argument fails run to insult. #slowhandclap
    you are an insult to me and to many, many women who are not like you and take the consequences of speaking up and don't let themselves be treated like the second class gender.
    Women? The second class gender? This proves how deluded this kinda thinking is. And as I said provably so.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

To allege that all men are potential rapists is not just disingenuous but it downright offensive and insulting and has no place on this thread.

Trouble is, many of the comments being levelled at the victim amounts to "They shouldn't have let themselves be alone with him", "It's part of the industry, they likely knew what was expected of them" etc. I made the point several times in the George Hook thread that in many cases victim blaming is such that unless women do treat all men as being potential rapists, they end up being blamed for trusting a man when something awful does happen.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Everyone has the right to air their opinions on boards, no matter how unpopular. But they are open to being challenged and dismissed as absurd too, which is what has happened here. That's the only way a person is going to think twice about deeply held convictions.

This 'offensive and insulting' bolloxology only leads to safe spaces and circle jerking, and eventual censorship. We're all grown ups, and nobody gets to decide what is morally acceptable on boards.ie, or anywhere else on the web. I've seen too much of that shyte in the last few years, and it get hijacked by those with ideological agendas-always.
    +1000. And you can see the safe space types when they venture beyond their echo chambers on Facebook/Reddit. And worse it is getting. Goes for all stripes of political thought too. They're dismayed people may disagree with them. It's one reason I like Boards. For all its faults it's far less of an echo chamber than most discussion areas online. Sure sign of this is where you see Left and Right wing types complaining that it's an echo chamber of "the other side".

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

I still think what Ciara Kelly did was grossly irresponsible.
    If she has credible information, the responsible thing to do is go directly to the gardai and report it, so the perpetrator can hopefully be removed from a position of power.

With her actions, the guilty person escapes punishment, while a number of completely innocent men in their 60s have a cloud hanging over them and people on social media continue to speculate and name names without a shred of evidence.

Disgraceful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Tara- I'm not quoting that big long rigmarole because honestly :rolleyes:
    Your post is nothing but a personal attack, and a viscous one at that. How dare you. Your last few posts over this thread have been you asking for links to back up claims, yet you come on and post the biggest pile of absolute hogwash I've ever had the misfortune of reading. Care to provide us with some links to the generalised and inaccurate claims you are making? If you're so sure that what you claim is true, then this should be no problem.

And don't even dare come at me with that crap. You have no idea of what I've been through. Just because I don't share my personal experiences on a forum for strangers to read doesn't mean I haven't had the misfortune of being the victim of an attack. Actually I have alluded to stuff here. I guess that wasn't enough for you. Or else your judging me for not being a victim. Either way it's fcuked up. I'm a fair person though, and I don't judge all men on the actions of a few horrible people who happened to be men. I've never judged a single person here for sharing their experience- not one, yet here you are judging me.
    You are the one who should be ashamed writing that bile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

.... male characteristics like being physically strong and 'emotionless' are not of much use anymore.

Of all the hateful bile you've posted, the above for me is the most laughable but yet even so, it's an ignorant view which is becoming more and more common to hear being expressed these days (from certain corners at least). So much so that Camille Paglia wrote a piece in Time given that she felt it warranted addressing.
    A peevish, grudging rancor against men has been one of the most unpalatable and unjust features of second- and third-wave feminism. Men’s faults, failings and foibles have been seized on and magnified into gruesome bills of indictment. Is it any wonder that so many high-achieving young women, despite all the happy talk about their academic success, find themselves in the early stages of their careers in chronic uncertainty or anxiety about their prospects for an emotionally fulfilled private life? When an educated culture routinely denigrates masculinity and manhood, then women will be perpetually stuck with boys, who have no incentive to mature or to honor their commitments.

After the next inevitable apocalypse, men will be desperately needed again! Oh, sure, there will be the odd gun-toting Amazonian survivalist gal, who can rustle game out of the bush and feed her flock, but most women and children will be expecting men to scrounge for food and water and to defend the home turf. Indeed, men are absolutely indispensable right now, invisible as it is to most feminists, who seem blind to the infrastructure that makes their own work lives possible. It is overwhelmingly men who do the dirty, dangerous work of building roads, pouring concrete, laying bricks, tarring roofs, hanging electric wires, excavating natural gas and sewage lines, cutting and clearing trees, and bulldozing the landscape for housing developments. It is men who heft and weld the giant steel beams that frame our office buildings, and it is men who do the hair-raising work of insetting and sealing the finely tempered plate-glass windows of skyscrapers 50 stories tall.

Every day along the Delaware River in Philadelphia, one can watch the passage of vast oil tankers and towering cargo ships arriving from all over the world. These stately colossi are loaded, steered and off-loaded by men. The modern economy, with its vast production and distribution network, is a male epic, in which women have found a productive role — but women were not its author. Surely, modern women are strong enough now to give credit where credit is due!

• Advertisement

isn't it symptomatic again some men here have nothing better to do than cornering the woman midlandsmissus who just said she will bring the bully to court who sexually assaulted her.

you are just so utterly pathetic. ask yourself, why do you feel the need to corner her and question her in this way?
    you guys should better shut up. it's a disgrace for your gender and with the HW scandal and all the others which are floating in daily, it's out in open daylight and everybody can see now what the majority of mens' character is. we women knew this all the time because we have to deal with it everyday (at work, at home with domestic abuse, fear going out alone in the dark etc. and many more situations).
    this evilness is in almost every men and you can all jump up and shout: OUTRAGEOUS DIFFAMATION. I wish it would be, but unfortunately it's not, it's the truth.

What happens in war zones or in cultures where are no civil laws to protect people, i.e the women like it is here in Europe?
    Women can't dare to go out on the street alone because they are BEING RAPED!! And they are not being raped by the minority, no, if you abolish civil society, also the 'nice guys', who behave within a civil society because of fear of punishment through law will show their real side and start to rape.

The pathetic thing is, in this civil world, men are utterly frightened about women because deep inside they feel women have much more abilities than men, especially in our modern world, where male characteristics like being physically strong and 'emotionless' are not of much use anymore.
    And the more they sense this, the more they need to oppress us women to keep the upper hand.

But you need to get used to that, we doesn't let ourselves be oppressed anymore, we get your perfidious games and we are not longer taking it. we stand up against this ****, more and more.
    There you can bet on!

Any chance you could keep this nonsense to your blog?

Jeremy Piven has also been accused.

As mentioned on the Film Forum thread about this -
    Jeremy Piven issued a statement on Tuesday to address the recent sexual assault accusations against him. His response follows CBS saying that the network is looking into the situation.

“I unequivocally deny the appalling allegations being peddled about me,” the “Wisdom of the Crowd” actor said. “It did not happen. It takes a great deal of courage for victims to come forward with their histories, and my hope is that the allegations about me that didn’t happen, do not detract from stories that should be heard.”

Actress Ariane Bellamar, a former Playboy Playmate whose TV credits include appearing on the ABC Family unscripted series “Beverly Hills Nannies,” tweeted Monday that Piven groped her years ago on the set of “Entourage” and at the Playboy Mansion.

Classy guy, especially if the accusations turn out to be untrue.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I have to say, I like an awful lot of what Camille Paglia opines on. She speaks the voice of common sense, and calls out misandrist rabid men-belittling "feminism" when she sees it.

Men and women should be equals and work together for a better world, not be locked into a vicious cycle of gender wars that ultimately benefit no-one.

Tara- I'm not quoting that big long rigmarole because honestly :rolleyes:
    Your post is nothing but a personal attack, and a viscous one at that. How dare you. Your last few posts over this thread have been you asking for links to back up claims, yet you come on and post the biggest pile of absolute hogwash I've ever had the misfortune of reading. Care to provide us with some links to the generalised and inaccurate claims you are making? If you're so sure that what you claim is true, then this should be no problem.

And don't even dare come at me with that crap. You have no idea of what I've been through. Just because I don't share my personal experiences on a forum for strangers to read doesn't mean I haven't had the misfortune of being the victim of an attack. Actually I have alluded to stuff here. I guess that wasn't enough for you. Or else your judging me for not being a victim. Either way it's fcuked up.I'm a fair person though, and I don't judge all men on the actions of a few horrible people who happened to be men. You are the one who should be ashamed writing that bile.

you dare 'to come me with your crap too', so expect an answer. but your answer just confirms you are not a person of real insight. you are coming up now with desperate allegations I would blame you for not being a victim. what an utter nonsense. I never wrote that and shows you didn't understand anything at all what I wrote.

and if you're not even be able to use google to see the immense information about rape in wars, I post you some links. pages of pages available.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_Bosnian_War
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/2011/jul/17/the-rape-of-men

also some food for thought and could you and all the others who claim I speak such 'bollocks' explain:
    http://list25.com/25-most-evil-serial-killers-of-the-20th-century/5/

25 serial killers, and 23 are men, and the two women didn't act alone, they acted with men...
    so how to explain serial killers are mostly men?? and did you register something else? oh, surprise, surprise, most of them murdered women.

and this is just one list of examples, there are many, many more.

would like to see answers to this fact.

Any chance you could keep this nonsense to your blog?

no, but how about you keeping your nonsense to your 'blog'?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,160 ✭✭✭Odhinn

so how to explain serial killers are mostly men?? and did you register something else? oh, surprise, surprise, most of them murdered women.
    .............t.

We're all mad for the wimmin killing, obviously. Every last one of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Odhinn wrote: »
    We're all mad for the wimmin killing, obviously. Every last one of us.

I a bit confused though. Do we do the raping first or after the murdering?

Tara, could you shed some light on this? I'm a man y'see so I probably don't have the intelligence to know which comes first.

Tara, could you shed some light on this? I'm a man y'see so I probably don't have the intelligence to know which comes first.

.....I think its down to the individual, tbh.

I have to say, I like an awful lot of what Camille Paglia opines on. She speaks the voice of common sense, and calls out misandrist rabid men-belittling "feminism" when she sees it.

Men and women should be equals and work together for a better world, not be locked into a vicious cycle of gender wars that ultimately benefit no-one.

yes, that's my opinion and deep whish too, but we are universes apart from that, no matter what media or whoever wants to tell. and as long as most! men don't encounter women on a complete equal level, we (unfortunately) need to fight for that and that's what I'm doing and will ever do. And men have obviously no idea, or don't want to have any idea what kind of enegry this costs and how much it effects every day.
    I wish it would be possible every men on this world to be transformed into a woman for a year or longer and after that experience we could discuss again.

you dare 'to come me with your crap too', so expect an answer. but your answer just confirms you are not a person of real insight. you are coming up now with desperate allegations I would blame you for not being a victim. what an utter nonsense. I never wrote that and shows you didn't understand anything at all what I wrote.

and if you're not even be able to use google to see the immense information about rape in wars, I post you some links. pages of pages available.

also some food for thought and could you and all the others who claim I speak such 'bollocks' explain:

25 serial killers, and 23 are men, and the two women didn't act alone, they acted with men...

What a way to deflect.. what I was referring to when I said your post was inaccurate and ill informed was:
    - "men were cornering midlandsmissus who just said she will bring her bully to court". That never happened.
    - "we women know what men's daily character is".. so you speak for all women now?
    -"this evilness is in almost every man"
    -"men are utterly frightened about women because deep inside they feel that women have more abilities than men"... would like links to this too please? Or is this also sourced from your arsehole?
    -"male characteristics like being physically strong and emotionless are not of much use anymore"... same as above.
    I have no desire to engage in a game of hysterical ping pong with you. Go find someone else to annoy.

.....I think its down to the individual, tbh.

Right, I'll ask my wife and daughters what they reckon I should do.

• Advertisement

no, sorry, I'm not a man and not familiar with the sick psyche of a rapist. but I heard, some even do it after the murdering. what do you think? nice, eh?

Right, I'll ask my wife and daughters what they reckon I should do.

Right. Don't kill them before asking them though - we've all done that at least once.

25 serial killers, and 23 are men.
    so how to explain serial killers are mostly men??

There are two sides to that coin though: 50 great composers, 50 are men.

To quote Camille again (given she addressed this very question in one of her books):
    “There is no female Mozart because there is no female Jack the Ripper.”

She speaks a little on it in the following clip (from around 6min in):

no, sorry, I'm not a man and not familiar with the sick psyche of a rapist. but I heard, some even do it after the murdering. what do you think? nice, eh?

But you have painted us all with the one brush so surely with your superior intelligence you should be able to point me in the right direction?

Right. Don't kill them before asking them though - we've all done that at least once.

Ahh jaysus, I'm after killing one of the girls first. Amateur mistake.

Ahh jaysus, I'm after killing one of the girls first. Amateur mistake.

I have a list on my knife box's lid

1 - Talking stuff
    2 - Stabby stuff

I found it quite helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Man... Just wait until the focus turns on rock music circa 1960-1995..led zep are f**Ed for a start.... As for metallicas roadies...

By today's standards all rock bands from the 70s are paedo's.

I've no idea what wars have to do with this. Anyone... anyone...?

More seriously - you're the kind of person I really dislike. Who thinks every man is a potential rapist. Or murderer. Or whatever. It's utterly bullsh1t. Absolute garbage and the type of thing that a failing newspaper puts out to get clicks on their site. It's clickbait nonsense and should be kept out of proper discussions.

25 serial killers, 23 are men, so men are all potential serial killers. And rapists, don't forget rapists, we're all potential rapists too. The women who were serial killers, well that was also men's fault. Yep, again my shorthand for "feminism" comes down to women are always agentless victims and it's always men's fault. Never fails to fit really. This also begs the question that if men are so dastardly and evil and women are so wonderful and so superior to men according to you, how come they're always the victims? Seems even when they get into a bit of the oul serial killing they're so easily led to it by stupid inferior men. Doesn't sound very superior to me.

Never mind you completely ignore all the other stuff you take for granted that was overwhelmingly invented, developed and made by men. Including the "civil society" that allows you to have whatever daft opinions you want to have and allows you to express them.

Rape in war? Yes of course it happens(and not just to women). It depends on a few factors, not just war. EG when Germany fell at the end of WW2 the Soviet forces raped their way across Germany(and other lands they crossed), whereas the Americans and British notably didn't to nearly the same degree. They were all men too. Maybe it's just the commies. :rolleyes:

Oh and killings happen a lot in war and not just by men BTW. It's kinda one of the points of war, but does this mean men(and women) are potential killers in peacetime? Of course it doesn't. That's a ludicrous logic fail. You seem to have just as much trouble with the concept of context as you do with the concept of irony.
    no, sorry, I'm not a man and not familiar with the sick psyche of a rapist.
    Oh man you are the gift that keeps on giving :D. I'm not a man, therefore I don't automatically have a sick psyche to call on for an opinion. By your own words you are showing yourself to be the very definition of a man hater/fearer. More like fear, though fear leads to hate and all that(Yoda ©).

TBH I'm happy to see your posts now the mask has dropped, just like I'm happy to see the "red pill" types posting, though I've yet to see one of the latter come out with similar about women that you've accused all men of. It shines a light on twisted and deluded worldviews of a minority and one that needs a light shining on it.

yeah, guys, that's exactly what you do, showing your 'intelligence' here, thanks for that:P

instead of reacting to the fact of male serial killers in an adult way, you need to ridicule. sorry to say, but you so blatantly reveal your immature, 10 year old schoolboy mind, it's almost baffling.

and not a single explanation why this are all men, raping and killing women.

and to make it clear, I never said 100% of all men are serial killers, you just made this up to find a way to ridicule and deflect from the fact that if there's a serial killer, it's to 96 % a man!

• Advertisement

Man... Just wait until the focus turns on rock music circa 1960-1995..led zep are f**Ed for a start.... As for metallicas roadies...

By today's standards all rock bands from the 70s are paedo's.

The 60's & 70's had a very very different attitude towards sex. Or the drugs did. Hard to discern, it has to be said.

So, all men happen to have access to the sick psyche of a rapist by virtue of being men? Because you know- man=rapist.
    This is one of the sickest things I've read on boards.

Tara - I genuinely hope you don't have a son. And I hope you never have one. Because I can only imagine how f*cking awful it would be for that child if you bring him up with the attitude you have now. It's like you'd make him feel bad for being the gender that he is.

yeah, guys, that's exactly what you do, showing your 'intelligence' here, thanks for that:P

instead of reacting to the fact of male serial killers in an adult way, you need to ridicule. sorry to say, but you so blatantly reveal your immature, 10 year old schoolboy mind, it's almost baffling.

and to make it clear, I never said 100% of all men are serial killers, you just made this up to find a way to ridicule and deflect from the fact that if there's a serial killer, it's to 96 % a man!

Why did Aileen Wuornos go mad killing men? I'll wait while you Google her.

Myra Hindley? She was probably just a completely innocent little woman led astray by a dastardly man. Despite you saying how strong women are....

What about Nannie Doss?

See, some people are just insane. Or wait, using your "all men = rapin' murdrurs" surely then all humans = insane.

Tara - I genuinely hope you don't have a son. And I hope you never have one. Because I can only imagine how f*cking awful it would be for that child if you bring him up with the attitude you have now. It's like you'd make him feel bad for being the gender that he is.

That would involve her being involved with a man and that's something I don't think she wants to be associated with.

So, all men happen to have access to the sick psyche of a rapist by virtue of being men? Because you know- men=rapist.
    This is one of the sickest things I've read on boards.

I'm just glad she told me this before I let my animal instincts take over.

Semantics and well you know it, or at least I hope you do. Same old women are always victims men are always to blame. Again let's go to the other end of things, the overwhelming majority of invention and innovation in the arts, sciences and philosophies in human history was by men and continues to be so today. Genius murdering rapists we are apparently. Well if we apply your "logic".

More women commit infanticide than men, does this mean women are all potential child killers? Of course it doesn't, that would be a retarded conclusion to jump to, but since retarded conclusions seem to be the order of the day I figure may as well join in.

I've no idea what wars have to do with this. Anyone... anyone...?

Tara doesn't seem to realise that while the perpetrators of this kind of violence are indeed mainly men, they are very much a tiny minority of men. She thinks all men like a bit of raping and murdering of an evening, for relaxation purposes. I'd let my chap know, but he's busy saving lives at the moment. He might get round to the raping and killing when he's got time. My old dad, who's entire life has been similarly devoted to helping people might join him, a change is as good as a rest after all. They're a gas pair of murdering rapists, so they are.

But sure what do I know, I'm blind to it all and I'm always letting myself be treated like a second class citizen. I didn't even realize that until Tara pointed it out, mind. She thinks people like me are a bit on the thick side. Which to be fair is probably true, but in a different way.

Atrocities do exist in the world but they tend not to happen in the everyday lives of people in the West, of either gender. Something Tara should try to bear in mind for the sake of her own happiness, if not balance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Because men are 3 times more likely to have anti-social personality disorder (psychopathy) than women, and it's more likely to manifest itself as direct physical violence in men. Whereas in women it's more likely to manifest as social violence - manipulation of others, "histrionics", bullying, etc.

I'm not sure what your point is supposed to be though. These people are mentally ill. People don't become serial killers because they were brought up badly.

• Advertisement

hahaha, again a proof of the sick and so primitive view of a men about a woman with their own views, opinion and experiences who's not holding back with it. automatically insinuating I'm a monster mother. that's just textbook attitude from the 1950's again. It tells you don't understand anything at all and have no insight at all.

I tell you something what you most probably won't be able to imagine in your small minded world from the 50s' but I tell it to you nevertheless: There are many intelligent women around you and all over the world who fight for their rights and real equality, but that doesn't mean that we mistreat our sons. What an utter nonsense to think. Thing is, we make no big deal if it's a son or a daughter, I treat them equally. Get it?

puuh, knew it, all the bollockism comes out now, but that's good also, proves my points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Will you speak up I cant hear you from your mighty high horse you have.

They are plenty stories of women doing crazy **** and getting away with it

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/britain/medical-student-too-bright-for-prison-is-spared-jail-for-stabbing-boyfriend-with-bread-knife-36166924.html

Whats ironic is you seem to crave for the 'power' men have, the 'power' that you say suppresses women for years and you want to use that 'power' against males. It just seems very hypocritical doesn't it .

Look if you have experienced something awful in your life or you just listened to too many Taylor Swift albums where not here to judge but maybe talking to someone will help because you obviously have a personal vendetta and by the sounds of it its beginning to chew you up inside.

To be honest the way your portraying yourself and your views you sound no different to any power hungry man or woman

seamus wrote: »
    Because men are 3 times more likely to have anti-social personality disorder (psychopathy) than women, and it's more likely to manifest itself as direct physical violence in men. Whereas in women it's more likely to manifest as social violence - manipulation of others, "histrionics", bullying, etc.

I'm not sure what your point is supposed to be though. These people are mentally ill. People don't become serial killers because they were brought up badly.

No no no, you've misunderstood. They/We become serial killers because we have penises, no other reason.

Which begs another question, what about transgender or gender fluid folk? Where do they stand in all this raping and murdering craic? More or less likely to be involved?

For anyone with sons, Tara and her friends are currently enrolling for classes on how to raise your sons to have a more feminist mindset.... oh goody.

https-_cdn.evbuc.com_images_29786866_129159794727_1_original.png

hahaha, again a proof of the sick and so primitive view of a men about a woman with their own views, opinion and experiences who's not holding back with it. automatically insinuating I'm a monster mother. that's just textbook attitude from the 1950's again. It tells you don't understand anything at all and have no insight at all.

I tell you something what you most probably won't be able to imagine in your small minded world from the 50s' but I tell it to you nevertheless: There are many intelligent women around you and all over the world who fight for their rights and real equality, but that doesn't mean that we mistreat our sons. What an utter nonsense to think. Thing is, we make no big deal if it's a son or a daughter, I treat them equally. Get it?

puuh, knew it, all the bollockism comes out now, but that's good also, proves my points.

If, superman forbid. You ever have a son or already do, will you tell him he's most likely going to rape and/or murder someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Thread seems to have been derailed by a very bitter, twisted and detached from reality person.

Agree with the posters above when they point out that it's good that tara73's mask has slipped. Helps to put the hate speech she's spewing into context.

One of my daughters is now attending UCD and she tells me that you'll often encounter that sort of unpleasant, rabid person on campus. Thankfully most people would cross the street before having to listen to their drivel.

It is quite scary that they now feel it's safe to crawl from under their rocks and bombard us with their bile but at least now we can see them for what they really are.

• Advertisement

Candie wrote: »
    Something Tara should try to bear in mind for the sake of her own happiness, if not balance.
    Like I said earlier C it's a very common trait in people that they would rather have their worldview proven right than be happy. This goes for all sorts of worldviews. Just as a religious person who believes in a loving deity only sees the good in the world and attributes it to their god, they self select. Same when it comes to this gender stuff. On both sides. People vary a lot and are both good and bad. If you come to believe that gender A are evil bastards(because of early life/relationship experience) you will positively select for evil bastards within gender A, even be more subconsciously attracted to them and turned off by non evil bastards.

This is extremely common. Any man you meet that thinks all women are evil bitches or any woman you meet that thinks all men are evil bastards and can point to their own library of personal examples is doing this. The consistent factor is them and their worldview and positive selection of that worldview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Sorry you'll have to speak up, I can't hear you down their under the glass ceiling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

To quote Camille again (given she addressed this very question in one of her books):

That quote reminds me of describing the bell curve of male intelligence between further from the mean as "more dumbbells, more Nobels".

This is brilliant.

seamus wrote: »
    I'm not sure what your point is supposed to be though.
    Women are always victims and men are always to blame. Did you not get the memo S?
    hahaha, again a proof of the sick and so primitive view of a men about a woman with their own views, opinion and experiences who's not holding back with it.
    On top of your seeming ignorance of context and irony, we can now add "proof".

You seem to have this(irony again BTW) notion that just because you have xx chromosomes that your views and opinions are sacrosanct and should be listened to without debate.
    I tell you something what you most probably won't be able to imagine in your small minded world from the 50s' but I tell it to you nevertheless:
    The 50's again eh? Well considering you seem to think the word hysterical comes from the 70's...
    There are many intelligent women around you and all over the world who fight for their rights and real equality, but that doesn't mean that we mistreat our sons. What an utter nonsense to think. Thing is, we make no big deal if it's a son or a daughter, I treat them equally. Get it?
    Oh I get what you type, but you also typed that men are afraid of women's superiority and men are far more likely to be rapists and killers outside of "civil society", but seem to completely lack the self examination of such views and how they might impact on how you deal with men and women differently, including family members. Here's another word to add to the pile; insight.
    puuh, knew it, all the bollockism comes out now,
    Oh that it does.
    For anyone with sons, Tara and her friends are currently enrolling for classes on how to raise your sons to have a more feminist mindset.... oh goody.
    Asking modern "feminists" to raise men is akin to asking the pope for advice on contraception. Advice you will get, but it'll be political in nature and mostly sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I feel exactly the same about that post.

I swear to God if that makes me some kind of handmaiden of the patriarchy then we're seriously through the looking glass. I don't know what I've been doing on boards for the last ten years anyway :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement