Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Revolut physical card (normally €6)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Be wary of amazon because you could buy it on Mon but ships on Sat and hence you don't benefit as much. Hence convert the 300 pounds on a weekday and let it sit there until amazon take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

TheDriver wrote: »
    Be wary of amazon because you could buy it on Mon but ships on Sat and hence you don't benefit as much. Hence convert the 300 pounds on a weekday and let it sit there until amazon take it.

It’s 0.5% of a difference according to the website hardly worth worrying about really, it’s still a saving from a regular bank card

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭muckbrien

You can topup your Amazon account too and pay immediately that way

muckbrien wrote: »
    You can topup your Amazon account too and pay immediately that way

Good idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I got a card way back when it started. Since lost.
    Can I get a free new version?

I'm trying to figure out what it costs to topup my revolut card from a bank of Ireland PCA in the fees pdf

The only thing i can see is "same day funds transfer €25"

Surely that can't be it?, what would it be classified as?

I'm trying to figure out what it costs to topup my revolut card from a bank of Ireland PCA in the fees pdf

The only thing i can see is "same day funds transfer €25"

Surely that can't be it?, what would it be classified as?

It’s free

OmegaGene wrote: »
    It’s free

I rang BOI they said 10c to topup revolut,hard enough to understand their PCA fees

Is there any way of manually topping up the revolut without using a feeder account?

I rang BOI they said 10c to topup revolut,hard enough to understand their PCA fees

Is there any way of manually topping up the revolut without using a feeder account?

Might be time to move banks if they charge 10 cent for things like this
    Free banking is available

Revolut can only be topped up by a bank or funds transferred from another Revolut account to stop money laundering
    Someone mentioned they moved money from PayPal to Revolut a couple of pages back

• Advertisement

Thanks

When you say free banking where would that be for example?

I won't have enough savings to get free current account banking but I want a free feeder account if possible .

Thanks

I won't have enough savings to get free current account banking but I want a free feeder account if possible .

Current account with permanent tsb charges €12 a quarter but it’s waved if you have a certain amount going through your account every month
    It’s either €1200 or €1600 not sure off hand

Current account with permanent tsb charges €12 a quarter but it’s waved if you have a certain amount going through your account every month

Thanks I'll look into it

When you say €12 a quarter do you mean that's fixed regardless of transactions?

I would be happy with that ,BOI does my head in with fees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Does anyone know how long it takes to transfer funds from Revolut to your bank a/c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

It's €1500. I moved to them 3 years ago having paid AIB roughly €50 every quarter in fees.

Thanks I'll look into it

Yes it’s capped at that

• Advertisement

swingking wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it takes to transfer funds from Revolut to your bank a/c.

Depends on your bank

AS1890 wrote: »
    It's €1500. I moved to them 3 years ago having paid AIB roughly €50 every quarter in fees.

Same here
    Aib were robbing us blind

Yes it’s capped at that

Thanks ,sounds like what im looking for

I'll check it out

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Thanks

EBS offers a basic current account that's completely free of fees for standard transactions. Most credit union accounts can also be used to top up Revolut by electronic funds transfer and they are also free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭mel123

Ive had an account for ages, wanted to get a physical card and they want to charge me £15 postage, any way around this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Might be time to move banks if they charge 10 cent for things like this
    Free banking is available

Revolut can only be topped up by a bank or funds transferred from another Revolut account to stop money laundering
    Someone mentioned they moved money from PayPal to Revolut a couple of pages back
    It may come under using your bank to top up, but topping up by debit or credit card is by far the easiest and fastest method to top up.

Thanks I'll look into it

KBC is €6 a quarter.

TheChizler wrote: »
    KBC is €6 a quarter.

Yes but €12 fee is wavered with ptsb if you have €1500 going through the account per month so it’s free

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭TanyGray

I found I was giving boi the cost of a holiday every year in fees. Moved to ptsb and it feels good not seeing money just dissolve like it did in boi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

Same here
    Aib were robbing us blind

Indeed they were. I absolutely hate the PTSB app and no Apple/Android pay but no fees is a big difference. I was tempted to move back to AIB but maintaining a minimum balance of €2500 to avoid fees is ridiculous. If you go 1 cent below €2500 at anytime then you're charged fees for the ENTIRE quarter! Madness!

The banks with the capped fees

The cap doesn't cover unpaid standing orders or going into debit by accident does it?

Indeed they were. I absolutely hate the PTSB app and no Apple/Android pay but no fees is a big difference. I was tempted to move back to AIB but maintaining a minimum balance of €2500 to avoid fees is ridiculous. If you go 1 cent below €2500 at anytime then you're charged fees for the ENTIRE quarter! Madness!
    Off topic but I got an AIB credit card purely to avoid my current account going beyond the minimum. Pay it off monthly on pay day so no interest.

The banks with the capped fees

The cap doesn't cover unpaid standing orders or going into debit by accident does it?

No if you have direct debits or standing orders rejected you will pay a penalty
    Either better money management or an overdraft is needed

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

KBC have Android pay and Apple pay. They have a similar set up to PTSB where if you have 2500 going into the account every month you don't pay fees.

Are all transactions done instantly with revolut and balance in real time?

Everything seems way better than boi visa which is a nightmare to keep track of balances and transactions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Is everything instant with revolut and balance in real time?

Has been a few glitches with pending transactions in the past but yes, when you use the account/card you will get a notification straight away on the app.

Davy wrote: »
    Has been a few glitches with pending transactions in the past but yes, when you use the account/card you will get a notification straight away on the app.

Thanks

At the weekend is the balance always accurate?

I'm so used to the nightmare with boi trying to figure out my actual balance during weekends and holidays

Straight away at weekends in my case

Thanks

At the weekend is the balance always accurate?

I'm so used to the nightmare with boi trying to figure out my actual balance during weekends and holidays

Revolut is very good it’s all instant
    Nothing is pending in you balance
    If a transaction is pending like amazon while waiting dispatch it’s taken off the balance straight away

I see N26 are doing same thing except they are suggesting a card fee per month if you don't sign up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭webpal

I thought I read somewhere here that you would be charged 12 cents on every transaction up to a maximum of €5. This doesn’t seem to be the case judging by my transactions, when does the €5 annual fee get charged? Perhaps I’m mistaken and it’s only for ATM withdrawals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

i've eventually been approved and now have an account.

are free cards still available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

webpal wrote: »
    I thought I read somewhere here that you would be charged 12 cents on every transaction up to a maximum of €5. This doesn’t seem to be the case judging by my transactions, when does the €5 annual fee get charged? Perhaps I’m mistaken and it’s only for ATM withdrawals?

Since 1 January 2016, a government stamp duty of 12 cent applies to ATM withdrawals (this is in addition to any charge from your bank). This is capped at €2.50 for ATM cards and €5 for combined (ATM and debit) cards. This stamp duty is collected in arrears. This means that charges you incur in 2018 are charged to your account on 31 December 2018.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/tax/duties_and_vat/stamp_duty_on_financial_cards.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

donegal. wrote: »
    i've eventually been approved and now have an account.

are free cards still available?

Usually when you request a card it will tell you. If you're not entitled, and not topped up, it'll ask for a €6 charge. If not, you're good to go.

Avoid topping up for this reason. If you have, you'll still get promoted with the fee if it's due.

• Advertisement

Nuttzz wrote: »
    This stamp duty is collected in arrears. This means that charges you incur in 2018 are charged to your account on 31 December 2018.
    Revolut do debit the 12c immediately however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

TheChizler wrote: »
    Revolut do debit the 12c immediately however.

They do, but only for ATM withdrawals in Ireland. All other transactions have no charge (under the ATM limits etc)

Dodge wrote: »
    They do, but only for ATM withdrawals in Ireland. All other transactions have no charge (under the ATM limits etc)
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭SheroP

Hi there, not sure if this has been covered before
    I’ve attempted to purchase card@€6 and was going fine, asked for new pin , confirmed address etc, went to purchase a card and was promoted the option of free delivery, rapid delivery and some other option
    Chose free delivery and next option choice was premium,
    Problem for me is I cannot get beyond this option unless I select premium, which I don’t want!!!
    Any help would be great,thanks!

SheroP wrote: »
    Hi there, not sure if this has been covered before
    I’ve attempted to purchase card@€6 and was going fine, asked for new pin , confirmed address etc, went to purchase a card and was promoted the option of free delivery, rapid delivery and some other option
    Chose free delivery and next option choice was premium,
    Problem for me is I cannot get beyond this option unless I select premium, which I don’t want!!!
    Any help would be great,thanks!

the 3 options youve been offered are

1) free delivery , but only available if your Premium ie pay €7.99 per month.

2) and 3) are for free account holders but you pay for delivery

the 3 options youve been offered are

1) free delivery , but only available if your Premium ie pay €7.99 per month.

2) and 3) are for free account holders but you pay for delivery

Hi there
    Thanks for reply
    So my understanding is for me I’ve to pay for both the card and delivery so ????
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Is it your 1st card?

Is it your 1st card?

Yep, just getting my head around the whole idea!!

Hi there
    Thanks for reply
    So my understanding is for me I’ve to pay for both the card and delivery so ????
    Thanks

no the cards free, you just pay for delivery (€6 or €20)

they had been offering free delivery (hence this thread) but that seems to have ended.

no the cards free, you just pay for delivery (€6 or €20)

they had been offering free delivery (hence this thread) but that seems to have ended.

Thanks for advice but I’m sadly none the wiser still looking for €6 card and no alternative to premium option
    I’ll have to shelve it for the time being
    Thanks again

Thanks for advice but I’m sadly none the wiser still looking for €6 card and no alternative to premium option
    I’ll have to shelve it for the time being
    Thanks again

I should point out that I'm very new to this too, I haven't even used it yet.
    But these are the options I was offered.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement