Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Revolut physical card (normally €6)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wikey

Did all your data regarding previous transactions, etc come back? Tells me all data will be removed from phone if I log out. Thanks,
    Wikey
    Aquos76 wrote: »
    The black card has nothing to do with verification, if anyone has a black card showing all the need to do is log out of the app and then log back in. Revolut will send you a six digit verification code when logging back in. Once logged back in, the black coloured card will be gone.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Wikey wrote: »
    Did all your data regarding previous transactions, etc come back? Tells me all data will be removed from phone if I log out. Thanks,
    Wikey

When my wife did it on her account this evening, all her previous transactions were all still there when she logged back in along with the proper colour card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

I ordered the contactless to replace my original non contactless card. The new card being issued has a different number on it so I assume I can cut up my old Revolut card now or is it still valid until I start using the new one?

You can have multiple cards so I reckon they will both still work. I actually had to cancel my old card because it was skimmed so can't tell you for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I think you need a premium a/c to have more than 1 card?

You can have multiple cards so I reckon they will both still work. I actually had to cancel my old card because it was skimmed so can't tell you for sure.

Can’t see how it would work seen as he deleted his card so he could order his new contactless one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Bambaata wrote: »
    I think you need a premium a/c to have more than 1 card?

No, not required

If you have premium the 2nd card (spare) is free. If you only have a free account then it's €6 for each card

If you have no cards, then the first is free!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Just noticed I was charged €10.10 for the €10 top up. Is this correct?

Wheety wrote: »
    Just noticed I was charged €10.10 for the €10 top up. Is this correct?

You obviously topped up via a credit card rather than a debit card or bank account.

So there's a 1% charge for CC top up? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Wheety wrote: »
    So there's a 1% charge for CC top up? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure it tells you that before you top up.

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    A bit strange to top up a prepaid debit card from credit, no?
    I just wanted one because everyone else had one :p
    I'm pretty sure it tells you that before you top up.
    Probably. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Mr.S wrote: »
    A bit strange to top up a prepaid debit card from credit, no?

One reason you might is if you needed cash in your bank account. Suppose I needed to get cash into my account to pay rent, an easy way to do it (but not the best way) would be top up my revolut from my credit card, and then back transfer back to me. It'll cost me 1% and take three days, but importantly the top up would be just like using my CC anywhere else.

If instead I just moved cash from my CC account to my current account, AIB would charge me 2% and start charging interest straight away, not at the end of the next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

I have my card in the app and have gone through all the verification. Decided to load up today and thankfully spotted the fee before loading from credit card. Question though - I purchased a £30 amazon gift card but there are no 2 charges pending from Amazon - one for £30(€33.47) and another for £1(€1.12). Will the £1 charge vanish - i.e. is it a test transaction from Amazon after loading in a new card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

donnacha wrote: »
    Will the £1 charge vanish - i.e. is it a test transaction from Amazon after loading in a new card?

Yep... you'll be refunded in a few weeks.

It's a Pending charge, but unfortunately comes across as an actual "charge" on Revolut (i.e. you have £1 less to use as cash until the Pending charge is reversed.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

What's involved in the verification
    donnacha wrote: »
    I have my card in the app and have gone through all the verification. Decided to load up today and thankfully spotted the fee before loading from credit card. Question though - I purchased a £30 amazon gift card but there are no 2 charges pending from Amazon - one for £30(€33.47) and another for £1(€1.12). Will the £1 charge vanish - i.e. is it a test transaction from Amazon after loading in a new card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

GY A1 wrote: »
    What's involved in the verification

Using the revolut app to verify you take a photo of passport and then a selfie - 15 mins later I was verified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Card delivered today in post expected delivery was the 18 Oct...

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Card delivered today in post expected delivery was the 18 Oct...

Snap! About to post same thing

3 days, nice!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭reni10

Has anyone who had a card previously bought something on ebay with the new card recently?

I could have sworn previously on ebay when you pay using paypal it allowed you to pay fully in £ but now using the new number of the "free" card it always seems to revert automatically to € and converts using the very bad for the user paypal exchange rate!

I contacted Revoult about this and they say paypal are sending through in Euros and I cannot see anywhere that you can change this once you input the card number on ebay but previously I am sure it would NOT do this conversion so anyone else had the same experience?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

The way the card was delivered is unreal!

• Advertisement

reni10 wrote: »
    Has anyone who had a card previously bought something on ebay with the new card recently?

I could have sworn previously on ebay when you pay using paypal it allowed you to pay fully in £ but now using the new number of the "free" card it always seems to revert automatically to € and converts using the very bad for the user paypal exchange rate!

I contacted Revoult about this and they say paypal are sending through in Euros and I cannot see anywhere that you can change this once you input the card number on ebay but previously I am sure it would NOT do this conversion so anyone else had the same experience?

If you get on to Paypal they can set it up as on their system as a UK card and therefore all transactions will go through as sterling, problem with that way is that any euro purchases thru Paypal will automatically be converted to sterling meaning they will work out more expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

reni10 wrote: »

Probably the automatic currency conversion by PayPal:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Payments/How-to-change-Paypal-currency-conversion-checkout/td-p/1101198

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

Is this still available to order today? Don't want to cancel the card and then have to pay for a new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭cython

Is this still available to order today? Don't want to cancel the card and then have to pay for a new one

Seeing as I just got an email entitled "[My name removed], there's only 8,594 free Revolut cards left!" I think it's safe to say it should be! Seem to be going pretty slowly since they started with 10k and have given away <1500 so far at that rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

What's the expiry of the newly issued cards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

grogi wrote: »
    What's the expiry of the newly issued cards?

October 2022 is the date on my new card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

How come there's a difference in the top up required to get the card? I've seen people on this thread say €10 is needed but everytime I try its saying that €50 is the minimum. Ps, I've my account opened for a little while but I've never had a card from them previously.

SteM wrote: »
    October 2022 is the date on my new card.

Thanks. Mine (contactless) was 07/2019, so just ordered a new one now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

Hurry. Only 8594 left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Received my card today and the box is pretty cool. Nice touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Snap! About to post same thing

3 days, nice!!

My app crashed when I was trying to oder mine so I don't know if my order went through. I don't think I have a screen like that in your picture. Where is it on your app?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

It's asking me to top up by 10 euro first. It's that normal? Or am I doing it wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

New ones are contactless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭userfriendly

TheBody wrote: »
    My app crashed when I was trying to oder mine so I don't know if my order went through. I don't think I have a screen like that in your picture. Where is it on your app?

Click on the Cards tab
    emo72 wrote: »
    It's asking me to top up by 10 euro first. It's that normal? Or am I doing it wrong?

Normal for new customers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Click on the Cards tab

Normal for new customers

I've been asked to top up by 100

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Is the annual stamp duty charge applicable to this card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭userfriendly

Carroller wrote: »
    I've been asked to top up by 100

Very strange, I set up a brand new account when this free card offer was posted and it only asked for €10.

Maybe try ask them on the chat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Thanks OP. Just deleted my 2018 exp card and ordered a new one. The missus has lost hers too so I'll get her to order a new one now as well.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Is the annual stamp duty charge applicable to this card?

Yes. And it is not annual anymore, it is per withdraw, but caped annually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

received new card today. Handy to extend expiry date another few years

TheBody wrote: »

It’s under cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I deleted my physical card and went to add a card, then put in my debit card details and on the top up screen I can't press next? I've tried €0 €10 €50 €100 €1000 and none give me the option to press next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I deleted my physical card and went to add a card, then put in my debit card details and on the top up screen I can't press next? I've tried €0 €10 €50 €100 €1000 and none give me the option to press next

It didn't ask me for any of that, just dd card, then confirm my address for delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Jayop wrote: »
    It didn't ask me for any of that, just dd card, then confirm my address for delivery.

It's asking me for €10 minimum top like others as I haven't actually used it before

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

Trying to set up my card, part of this is sending a photo of my passport.
    Is this standard?
    Bit wary!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

grogi wrote: »
    Yes. And it is not annual anymore, it is per withdraw, but caped annually.

So there is no 40 euro per annum charge,a 12 cents charge or whatever it is per transaction?

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭TheChizler

seligehgit wrote: »
    So there is no 40 euro per annum charge,a 12 cents charge or whatever it is per transaction?

Thanks for your help.

It had been €5 if used as an ATM card not €40. Currently 12c per withdrawal up to a cap of €5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

dusty207 wrote: »
    Trying to set up my card, part of this is sending a photo of my passport.
    Is this standard?
    Bit wary!

Yep standard with Revolut as part of its verification process.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭insullation

I have a old non contactless revolut card. How can I up grade this for free with this offer?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement