Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[2 year update!] Working on a new messaging app

Options
  • 06-10-2017 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

You might remember I made a post a (a whole 2 years ago :eek:) about a new messaging app myself and a couple of other Boardsies were developing called Work.

We can finally update that we've released it on iphone/android.

As a reminder, the idea is to provide a really simple project management/productivity tool inside a messenger, for small teams or service providers and their clients.

It's basically like WhatsApp with a couple of extra features - Tasks and Notes.

It's still a little rough around the edges but it's taken a lot of work to get it where it is and we'll be continually improving it. You might remember that Payments were going to be a feature but we've decided to hold off on that for now to keep the roll out simple/focused.

If you want to have a look you can grab it via joinworkapp.com - we have a list of phone numbers from those who signed up via the previous thread and we will be sending out SMS invites to you soon too.

We'd love any and all feedback! Much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Downloading it now think this is going to be very handy for me!

Is it possible to go through verification with a non-irish number? Tried it a few times with a UK number but nothing has come through. It also adds two different sized icons to your home screen is that deliberate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

jimmii wrote: »
    Is it possible to go through verification with a non-irish number? Tried it a few times with a UK number but nothing has come through. It also adds two different sized icons to your home screen is that deliberate?

Thanks for trying it Jimmii! Typical that a couple of our known bugs would pop up already! :rolleyes:

The Irish only issue will be fixed, it's on the list but right now it's just set to Irish numbers only I'm afraid.

The two icons are from one being from the app and the other being from Play store. One is just a Home Screen shortcut and that can be deleted (the one that doesn't give the option to uninstall!)

Ha ha always the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

jimmii wrote: »
    Ha ha always the way!

Apologies will let you know when it's sorted!

• Advertisement

Cianos wrote: »
    Apologies will let you know when it's sorted!

Cheers be a handy way to manage things with my guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Looks slick.

Are these Iconic apps?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Well done for taking something fro inception to completion in 2 years and sticking woth it.

Best of luck with the app.

Advertisement