Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three - Signed up to a plan without my consent

Options
  • 06-10-2017 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Hi

I don't have any bill plan with three - was always pay as you go.
    Three suddenly signed me up to a plan where they deduct 10 euro afer I top up and I get "free calls and texts" within Ireland for 28 days (never mind that I never use my phone that much to have calls/txts worth that money deducted).
    I noticed this today after I topped up 25 euro - and checked my balance and it was 15 Euro short.

I contacted Three webchat support but they decline to refund me. I never subscribed for that service nor did I gave them my consent to do this. I was moved to it without my consent.
    Can Three move me to a plan without my consent? Any chance of a refund?

Thanks and regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Merowig wrote: »
    Hi

Three suddenly signed me up to a plan where they deduct 10 euro afer I top up and I get "free calls and texts" within Ireland for 28 days (never mind that I never use my phone that much to have calls/txts worth that money deducted).
    I noticed this today after I topped up 25 euro - and checked my balance and it was 15 Euro short.

I contacted Three webchat support but they decline to refund me. I never subscribed for that service nor did I gave them my consent to do this. I was moved to it without my consent.
    Can Three move me to a plan without my consent? Any chance of a refund?

Thanks and regards

Ask them when you agreed to these changes. If they tell you it was on such a date then ask for a subject access request. They will have to provide you with all relevant documentation relating to your account.

Maybe post this on their talk to forum here on boards. They guys there are very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Merowig

I never agreed to it. They notified me by sms - but I never gave consent - and I delete all the Three sms I receive as they are spam.
    Silence is not consent unless agreed before...
    Will try their talk forum.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Merowig wrote: »
    Sounds like the automatic pre-pay plan, whereby you top-up by X amount, to get Y pre-pay plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Merowig

the_syco wrote: »
    Sounds like the automatic pre-pay plan, whereby you top-up by X amount, to get Y pre-pay plan.

Yep and I never agreed to be moved to that one.
    Contacted them here on the board but no resolution.
    As Three see it as unproblematic to move people without consent I will move to a competitor after I used up my existing credit and I consider to file a complaint with ComReg.

Advertisement