Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa experience

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Went to Blarney, have to credit all the young people working there as elves, very welcoming, polite, had plenty time for the kiddo. Santa was exactly as you'd hope a Santa to be, the only person who seemed to be under pressure or in a rush was the photographer! Present was decent, face painting to occupy the kids while we waited for the photo was a nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Cows Go µ wrote: »
    We went to Fota this year and absolutely loved it. Even as an adult I thought it was amazing and my nephew loved every moment. The santa was exactly how I imagined santa, especially the voice. My nephew was captivated though I'm not sure he understood the story he was being told (except for the bit where he mentioned icecream)

Brilliant, i have booked to go there this weekend. Can you take your own photos with santa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

SomeFool wrote: »
    Went to Blarney, have to credit all the young people working there as elves, very welcoming, polite, had plenty time for the kiddo. Santa was exactly as you'd hope a Santa to be, the only person who seemed to be under pressure or in a rush was the photographer! Present was decent, face painting to occupy the kids while we waited for the photo was a nice touch.

Did a work related charity gig with a few santas last week. Over a fag, they all held the elves in Blarney in high regard. Apparently they get offered summer jobs on the strength of their elvishness and some permanent staff started out as an elf.

Herdelf has booked Cuskinny again. Might be the last "experience". Oldest is starting to cop

Gal44 wrote: »
    Brilliant, i have booked to go there this weekend. Can you take your own photos with santa?

We did last year, theres an official one as well

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

Cows Go µ wrote: »
    We went to Fota this year and absolutely loved it. Even as an adult I thought it was amazing and my nephew loved every moment. The santa was exactly how I imagined santa, especially the voice. My nephew was captivated though I'm not sure he understood the story he was being told (except for the bit where he mentioned icecream)

I can endorse that. Brought 2 grandchildren there last Monday and they really enjoyed it. I even enjoyed it myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Poulgorm wrote: »
    I can endorse that. Brought 2 grandchildren there last Monday and they really enjoyed it. I even enjoyed it myself!

Great, heading there later, would you recommend getting there a little before your allocated time? Some places say an hour or so but I don’t read that anywhere for fota. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

Gal44 wrote: »
    Great, heading there later, would you recommend getting there a little before your allocated time? Some places say an hour or so but I don’t read that anywhere for fota. Thanks

Do, there is a Christmas market to walk around. Mostly it's food stalls but there is a carousel as well and another ride. And there is a little archery stand for the adults that I had way too much fun at. Apparently I have no aim.

Also they will let you take your own pictures and take them for you so you can be in them

Advertisement