Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a new build in a previous phase of the development

Options
  • 06-10-2017 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at buying a house in a new development. There are four phases in the development. Phase 1 is complete, phase 2 is finishing now, phase 3 is being sold and due to start construction when phase 2 is finished.

I viewed the showhouse recently and was planning on putting a deposit down for a house in phase 3. The EA just told me that a house from phase 2 has become available. It's identical to the ones in phase 3 but will be finished sooner and has a slightly better aspect garden (East facing vs. North facing).

I'm most likely going to go for the house in phase 2 and I'm now wondering if I might be able to get it for the price the phase 2 houses were originally sold for, rather than what phase 3 are now selling for. I don't know the exact difference but I think it's in the region of 10-20k, possibly a bit more.

Has anyone any experience with something like this? I'm quite possible chancing my arm and I'm sure at the end of the day it will come down to the builder's decision (and maybe some haggling), but I just want to give it some thought/research before I bring it up with the EA.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement