Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much notice do I have to give

Options
  • 06-10-2017 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi all, advice needed.

I am working a second job for a butcher on Saturdays only. Been there a year and on the books for 2months max. How much notice do I need to give to quit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Hunter101 wrote: »
    Hi all, advice needed.

I am working a second job for a butcher on Saturdays only. Been there a year and on the books for 2months max. How much notice do I need to give to quit?
    If you don't have a contract you can use your pay period as a guide. If you are paid monthly give a months notice, for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Hunter101 wrote:

A week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

If they treated you well, try to give them as long as possible.

If not, give them one more saturday (a week is the minimum), quit immediately , or just don't show up .. depending on how badly they treated you.

Advertisement