Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic Of Ireland vs Moldova Match Thread

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Don't worry. Come 7.45 he will be glued to this thread, waiting to moan. Nothing wrong with stating your opinion, as harsh as it is but the "I couldn't be arsed watching it anymore" or "I have very little motivation watching what is effectively a World Cup Qualification Cup Final" messages are ridiculous.

And then this Under 15 team nonsense.

Jayus little people on Boards now predicting what my day will be like come Monday. :D do the lotto my friend you will become a millionaire overnight with that kind of foresight.

Maybe international football is a bit more high stakes than an u15 schoolboy game.

Na this game is on par, they could go top.... The under 15s that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Steeped in the game.
    So steeped in the game and so good for the LOI that his organisation forced my team, Dundalk, who are a credit to the LOI to play the following games in less than a calander month. The same Dundalk who done so well or the LOI in Europe and who got no grace whatsoever from Delaney's FAI in 2016. -

Dundalk fixtures:
    October 8th - Sligo Rovers (H)
    October 11th - Cork City (H)
    October 14th - Shamrock Rovers (A)
    October 17th - Longford Town (A)
    October 20th - Zenit St. Petersburg (H)
    October 23rd - Bohs (H)
    October 25th - St Pat's (A)
    October 28th - Galway (H)
    November 3rd - Zenit St. Petersburg (A)
    November 6th - Cork City (FAI Cup final)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

alta stare wrote: »
    Na this game is on par, they could go top.... The under 15s that is.

Lol. The fact you think they are the same explains some of your other posts quite aptly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Jayus little people on Boards now predicting what my day will be like come Monday. :D do the lotto my friend you will become a millionaire overnight with that kind of foresight.

You have made a show of yourself with some of your posts the last 24 hours! I am beginning to think you are on that Under 15 team yourself, probably the waterboy!

• Advertisement

You have made a show of yourself with some of your posts the last 24 hours! I am beginning to think you are on that Under 15 team yourself, probably the waterboy!

:D ah ye are all funny how ye all get so high and mighty when someone has a differing opinion. I dont understand how someone can make a show of themselves on a message board either :D

Do they have waterboys in Ireland? Didnt think we would need them to be fair but i guess it is probably saps like you who encourages such silly things.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Lol. The fact you think they are the same explains some of your other posts quite aptly.

Jayus id go searching for your sense of humour and id check your sarcasm level if i were you. Uptight aint the word my friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

:D ah ye are all funny how ye all get so high and mighty when someone has a differing opinion. I dont understand how someone can make a show of themselves on a message board either :D

Do they have waterboys in Ireland? Didnt think we would need them to be fair but i guess it is probably saps like you who encourages such silly things.

oddball.

Moving on.

oddball.

Moving on.

Good man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I am sure Delaney could earn much more money for himself elsewhere and have less hassle for it as well.

:D:D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,913 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

When MON was annouced as manager i was hopeful he would more positive than Trap and to be fair we did improve but now his reluctance to try widen his player options is holding us back. Sit hold and hoof football is not going all too well for us something has to change.

But that you not see that the one constant which is the same problem both managers have?

It is the players!

The players are just not good enough to keep the ball under pressure simple as that.

Umaxit did an analysis of 'long ball' teams in the premier league.
    They found barring a few exceptions like Bournmouth and Southampton.
    The teams who are able to keep the ball better are reflected by thier team position in the league.

They also found that the teams who pass 'fewer long balls' have a greater success rate with the 'long ball' then other teams.

Basically all this says to me is that poorer teams are more inclined to go long ball
    Ireland is a poor team and cannot play any better.

When the pressure is off, Ireland look great in friendlies like a student doing foundation maths with a calculator.

Then when the pressure is on they look like a foundation level student doing applied maths.

I struggle to understand how people keep blaming the managers the players are just not that good.

If Mourinho was in charge he would probably set the Irish team up much like Trap did.
    Not to lose because there are very few creative options except for some small old player who plays for Norwich in the second tier of English football.
    His name escapes me :rolleyes:
    It always seems that this particular player is much better in peoples minds when he is not playing then when he is!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement