Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic Of Ireland vs Moldova Match Thread

Comments

Just feel the buzz when Maguire comes on. It has to be a good thing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Maguire on. Now can ye all shut up about Shane Long FFS!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Serbia equalised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

fullstop wrote: »
    But McGeady isn't going to start in Wales either because he gets a goal in the last 10 mins, so isn't that a wasted sub as well??

He'll probably feature at some stage as a sub so he's worth a run out.

I don't get the logic of giving match time to Maguire but he's on so hopefully he gets off the mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,584 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

AidoEirE wrote: »
    bigger teat will come monday

Can't wait.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Ireland might fancy winning this Group now.

A Serbia draw with Georgia would see Wales top if they beat us.

We would need Georgia to beat Serbia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Has Maguire got HD brows?

McGeady...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I don't get the logic of giving match time to Maguire but he's on so hopefully he gets off the mark.

So if Wales go ahead on Monday, Long still can't hit a barn door and we need goals your answer is Aiden McGeady over Maguire?

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    He's still playing championship clubs every week regardless of where his own club is.

I know. We had him for 5 wretched months at Wednesday in the championship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

McGeady reminds of that lad we all went to school with who wouldnt pass the ball and try to do everything themselves

Oat23 wrote: »
    So if Wales go ahead on Monday, Long still can't hit a barn door and we need goals your answer is Aiden McGeady over Maguire?

No, I think we will play one striker against Wales. Probably Murphy after tonight. And if Murphy doesn't score I'm sure Long will be the replacement O'Neill turns to. I can't see Maguire or Hogan featuring against Wales in any capacity.

McGeady has a chance of coming on as a sub as he did away to Austria so it makes sense to give him a run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

A Serbia draw with Georgia would see Wales top if they beat us.

We would need Georgia to beat Serbia.
    It's not going to happen anyway wheeliebin

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

3-2 austria

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

AidoEirE wrote: »
    McGeady reminds of that lad we all went to school with who wouldnt pass the ball and try to do everything themselves

Yeah... the guy who, even though he was brilliant, you kind of hoped was on the other team so you'd at least get to kick a few lumps out of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

TheCitizen wrote: »
    It's not going to happen anyway wheeliebin

Really:)

• I like Rebel
    He's a good poster

But yea, some good some bad tonight

I really hope to **** O Neill goes for it Monday

Please God start Hoolahan & Murphy at the very least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

No, I think we will play one striker against Wales. Probably Murphy after tonight. And if Murphy doesn't score I'm sure Long will be the replacement O'Neill turns to. I can't see Maguire or Hogan featuring against Wales in any capacity.

McGeady has a chance of coming on as a sub as he did away to Austria so it makes sense to give him a run out.

I bet you arent really good at playing football manager or the likes :pac::pac::D:D:p:p+

• Lol 3-2 Austria

• Advertisement

Stupid from the lad but not great from Arter either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Arter had no need to dive. It was already a red. I hate that ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Pathetic from Arter. Still a red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Stupid from the lad but not great from Arter either

He was stupid to give arter the option but that was pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

2-0 up and we stopped playing

a good team would win 5-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Jesus Christ Arter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Horrible from Arter, he can feck right off with that. Needs to be called out

Job done. Pity Long couldn't get the confidence boost. Dilemma for MON over what striker to play against Wales.

Hopefully we can get the job done in Cardiff as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Job done. Pity Long couldn't get the confidence boost. Dilemma for MON over what striker to play against Wales.

Hopefully we can get the job done in Cardiff as well.

Set piece and Duffy header. Don't need a striker :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Serbia at home to Georgia last game. I don't think they'll make a mistake there surely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

What are the permutations for Monday folks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Messy performance but not a bad result. Wales weren't great today we will get chances against them for sure. I predict a Shane Long wondergoal :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Oat23 wrote: »

McGeady has scored a few goals for ireland this campaign. We can't be sure that Maguire would score.

In relation to the substitution we were been over run at the time and new midfielder was needed

When Long stops playing his heart out getting in to go positions and taking his shots then we should worry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

So if we beat Wales by say a goal and then Serbia draws with Georgia, do we lose out on 1st place due to goal difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,939 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

job done

we cant play like we did in the 2nd half on Monday

be some laugh if Serbia lost and we won monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

FatherTed wrote: »
    So if we beat Wales by say a goal and then Serbia draws with Georgia, do we lose out on 1st place due to goal difference?

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I feel sorry for Long. He missed three chances but he was under pressure each time. It would have been nice to see him get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Shane Long...............................we may only get one chance. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

FatherTed wrote: »

Yes

Haha the cavan of europe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Really:)
    Serbia are at home to Georgia, we have no control over that game and neither does Wales. The fact that we could top the Group now or that Wales could top the Group if an unlikely draw or defeat was to happen in Serbia makes no difference whatsoever. Both Ireland and Wales will be going for the win on Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We were so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Yes

If that's the case then great game management tonight by Ireland not to score at least 3 more goals.

• We were so bad.

2nd half yes was poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I feel sorry for Long. He missed three chances but he was under pressure each time. It would have been nice to see him get one.

Why feel sorry for him his job is to put the ball in the net but the fact is he is one of the worst strikers we have ever had in terms of goalscoring

We were so bad.

Brillant first half, poor 20/30 minutes second half till the subs came on and put some energy back in the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

It's international football. Generally players are under pressure. One goal in 42 games and that was against Moldova. I'm not sure there's a lot to defend after those misses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

McGeady has scored a few goals for ireland this campaign. We can't be sure that Maguire would score.

In relation to the substitution we were been over run at the time and new midfielder was needed

When Long stops playing his heart out getting in to go positions and taking his shots then we should worry

I don't think he has? Last goal was v Georgia in the Euro qualifiers. 5 goals in 91 appearances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

niallo27 wrote: »

Why feel sorry for him his job is to put the ball in the net but the fact is he is one of the worst strikers we have ever had in terms of goalscoring

He's one of the best actually. Stop making a fool of yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The reporter on Fox Sports US just said 'A fantastic atmosphere at the Aviva as always'.

Right mate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement