Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unexpectedly high bill

Options
  • 06-10-2017 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi, 
    I've got my bill today, and it almost doubled, instead of 52, I've got 80. The overall cost of the package was 64, now it is 97. I've got notification about bill amount increase, but it was stated, that it will be 8 eur more, not almost 30. And the funny thing, my basic package is 97, while same package for new customers is 35 for 6 month and 70 after, 25 cheaper, than for loyal customer. The only broadband and landline package for that money is 1Gb internet, but according to availability check it is not available for my address, and even if it was available, current speed is up to 100Mb, checked today it was around 86Mb. Can you explain why my current package cost is 97 instead of 70?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

kooper wrote: »
    Hi, 
    I've got my bill today, and it almost doubled, instead of 52, I've got 80. The overall cost of the package was 64, now it is 97. I've got notification about bill amount increase, but it was stated, that it will be 8 eur more, not almost 30. And the funny thing, my basic package is 97, while same package for new customers is 35 for 6 month and 70 after, 25 cheaper, than for loyal customer. The only broadband and landline package for that money is 1Gb internet, but according to availability check it is not available for my address, and even if it was available, current speed is up to 100Mb, checked today it was around 86Mb. Can you explain why my current package cost is 97 instead of 70?.
    Hi Kooper, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

I'm sorry to hear that your bill is coming in more expensive. 

Would you like to PM me your account details and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭kooper

Hi Tracey,

I've contacted support today, as they explained, my current package cost is 95 now(though in mail, they were talking about 70, according to my calc), but good thing  I'm on the contract till 12th this month.

So it is funny, as eir  takes advantage of loyal customers, charging them for the same package 25 eur more, then this package costs without any discount :(

Anyway, will probably just look around, what options are there on the market.

Thanks.

Hi Tracey,

I've contacted support today, as they explained, my current package cost is 95 now(though in mail, they were talking about 70, according to my calc), but good thing  I'm on the contract till 12th this month.

So it is funny, as eir  takes advantage of loyal customers, charging them for the same package 25 eur more, then this package costs without any discount :(

Anyway, will probably just look around, what options are there on the market.

Thanks.
    I'm sorry to hear this. If you wish I can clarify the pricing for you, once you PM me your account details I can look into this for you. 

We would have different offers in place for new customers joining ourselves, however, the loyalty team on 1901 would be able to explore your options and advise of any discounts you are entitled too. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Hi Tracey,

Sent you account details.

Thanks.

Hi Tracey,

Sent you account details.

Thanks.
    Perfect, thanks. 

I'll come back to you soon through PM's. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Let me know if any updates for me?

BTW what is the formal procedure for overcharge complaint to Eir?

Thanks

Let me know if any updates for me?

BTW what is the formal procedure for overcharge complaint to Eir?

Thanks
    Hi Kopper, 

I've responded to your PM there now. 

I've advised you of all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thank you.

Thank you.
    No problem at all :)