Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help with choosing laptop!

• 06-10-2017 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello, I'm in my 4th year of college and have (finally) decided to buy a laptop. Problem is I haven't a clue what all the letters and numbers mean. I know ram is speed and obviously mb is storage but that is basically it. I don't want the laptop for going online, literally all I want it for is writing assignments. Any help appreciated, info on what I should look for and also if anyone knows of the best places to purchase etc... thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The speed of a computer is determined by the processor, the RAM and the memory together. The speed of each combines to make a system fast.

You should let us know what budget you have, and whether you will need to carry this computer around with you. If so it would be advisable to get something smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Brophy90

Thanks for your reply! My budget would be maybe 300-400 max, and yes if I could carry it around (from car to college not far) that would be great. Basically I just want it for writing my thesis, and going online for journal articles and such.. hate using a laptop so wouldn't be using it for browsing, also have a fairly small amount of knowledge about computers so something that's not too complicated either
    Steph

Advertisement