Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question

• 06-10-2017 10:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

Hi all new to these parts but im just curious i have an old tv 4 years old that is in a spare room and lately it is beginnig to act up sometimes it turns on other times nothing at all.

Instead of just throwing it out i said id have a go and take it apart and see if anything was really obvious like bad cap etc.
    Checked diodes etc and found one shorted so i said id get out the iron and remove it from the board just to be 100% sure
    Here is the problem i made ****e of it somehow when i moved something on the table and now i dont have a clue what it was:o

I did a google search of the part number on the board and this i found this
    Is there any way of working out what it should be or am i screwed
    the zener diode is zd904 on the drawing think its in the bottom middle right of the schematic just above the Delta electronics.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ozmo

I've have varied success with fixing switchmode power supplies - with the ones I looked at when one component goes it takes out other bits with it - or they are all damaged by heat.

They have some of those power supply boards now on ebay...

But if you wish - if Im reading it right - these guys seem to have figured out the value:

http://monitor.espec.ws/section9/topic260612.html

Chrome browser translates it well enough.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Cheers for the post ozmo, to be fair the TV is old and I'm just curious and interested to see if I can get it going myself want to improve my soldering skills and fault tracing as I know feck all about pcbs etc.

I see all different types of boards on eBay the only one I found was 50 and it's not worth throwing the money at.

I'll have a read of the link and see how I get on!!

Advertisement