Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"The calm before the storm" by Donald.J.Trump.

• 07-10-2017 4:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe?

But what storm is he on about?

While taking photos alongside military leaders and their spouses before a Thursday night dinner at the White House, President Donald Trump cryptically stated reporters were seeing "the calm before the storm."

Full story below.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/05/politics/donald-trump-military-dinner/index.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I have kept completely silent about Trumps buffoonery since he rose to power. Mostly because I thought his rein would have been over by now, but I was reading the Guardians article yesterday about how he had added a few countries on to his travel bloc, effectively banning the citizens from entering America.

Among those people recently banned from entering the states, are citizens from North Korea.
    The new proclamation, which will come into effect on 18 October, will continue to target travellers from Somalia, Yemen, Syria, Libya and Iran, but also adds North Korea, Chad and Venezuela to the list of targeted countries. Sudan has been dropped from the administration’s list of nations and Iraqi citizens will be subjected to “additional scrutiny” but will not face any blanket bans.

Banning North Koreans from going to America? (This will have travel agencies up and down North Korea shutting down overnight)

Is he fcuking serious? They get shot for trying to cross the border to China.

They can’t afford to eat never mind fly.

The Straw Headed Tanned Sack of shyte just can’t help being a complete and utter ball bag. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Storm nate is on the way.maybe he's preparing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Trumps are are always right eventually.

Winter is Coming...

donald-trump-game-of-thrones-ZNa.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Antifa are planning a series of violent riots across the US during November in an attempt to overthrow Trump.(they say)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Rick Shaw wrote: »
    I have kept completely silent about Trumps buffoonery since he rose to power. Mostly because I thought his rein would have been over by now, but I was reading the Guardians article yesterday about how he had added a few countries on to his travel bloc, effectively banning the citizens from entering America.

Among those people recently banned from entering the states, are citizens from North Korea.

Banning North Koreans from going to America? (This will have travel agencies up and down North Korea shutting down overnight)

The Straw Headed Tanned Sack of shyte just can’t help being a complete and utter ball bag. :D

There is an elite class in NK, backed by Kim, I'm guessing those are the people he is targeting and rightly so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Snotty wrote: »
    There is an elite class in NK, backed by Kim, I'm guessing those are the people he is targeting and rightly so.
    But how can I be outraged by that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

what a thing to say...just a few days after what happened in Vegas, irresponsible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

And considering we saw a live North Korean assassination recently using VX nerve gas, maybe restricting entry isn't such a bad thing when you think about it from a security point of view.

But lets all just throw a pretend tantrum instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Trump is nothing more than a gobsh*te but it's hilarious how people lose their sh*t over every single sentence that comes out of his mouth or Twitter feed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

if he keeps China and NK guessing its all good

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

Trump is nothing more than a gobsh*te but it's hilarious how people lose their sh*t over every single sentence that comes out of his mouth or Twitter feed.

Problem is, all the rubbish he comes out with in twitter can have substantial real world impacts. He's basically engaging in foreign and domestic policy via Twitter. That is going to blow up on him and the rest of us some day.

pitifulgod wrote: »
    Problem is, all the rubbish he comes out with in twitter can have substantial real world impacts. He's basically engaging in foreign and domestic policy via Twitter. That is going to blow up on him and the rest of us some day.

If it's something dangerously consequential then fair enough but it's literally everything.

People lost their sh*t over him using the wrong phrase to offer condolences after the Vegas shooting. We know what he meant, like f*ck off and save your outrage for something relevant. Nobody needs that to be news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

when we buy a house, we build a boundary (fence, Hedge, wall, etc)
    Boundaries are good, it defines your space, it also allows you to control what happens in your space.
    Do we remove our boundaries and allow our neighbours dog **** in our garden? Do we remove our boundaries and all people walk off the street and use our BBQ?

America, Ireland, NK, Chad, and anyone else should be allowed to define their boundaries how they like. Sure it’s bad for international relationships, but so what?

You can’t please everyone, so don’t try.

If it's something dangerously consequential then fair enough but it's literally everything.

People lost their sh*t over him using the wrong phrase to offer condolences after the Vegas shooting. We know what he meant, like f*ck off and save your outrage for something relevant. Nobody needs that to be news.

I think those affected by the Vegas shooting would appreciate a leader who doesn't sound like he's bull****ting when he's offering condolences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

There is no calm with Trump

I think those affected by the Vegas shooting would appreciate a leader who doesn't sound like he's bull****ting when he's offering condolences.

Sounds like he's bullsh*tting because he said warmest instead of heartfelt?
    This is the kind of thing I'm on about. I'd say it offended/outraged you more than it did them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Don't worry. Be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Any estimates for numbers of this elite class?

Hundreds?

Thousands?

And obviously the good ole US of A would make the perfect haven for Kim backed, North Korean elite to holiday In/Do business in....

I'm not outraged btw, just highlighting the stupidity of banning 20 odd million people who are effectively prisoners of their own country who don't have the money to buy bog roll. Perhaps the yanks should ban them from joining American golf and country clubs while they're at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Antifa are planning a series of violent riots across the US during November in an attempt to overthrow Trump.(they say)

Ah yes Antifa, fighting fascism with.... well, fascism!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Testament1 wrote: »
    Ah yes Antifa, fighting fascism with.... well, fascism!

According to some fake news websites, and other sources which reside on the far reaches of paranoia, Antifa want to kick start civil war in America this November.. Infowars are carrying the story, for example. (I just googled 'Antifa riots' and noticed Infowars in the search result btw)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

According to some fake news websites, and other sources which reside on the far reaches of paranoia, Antifa want to kick start civil war in America this November.. Infowars are carrying the story, for example. (I just googled 'Antifa riots' and noticed Infowars in the search result btw)

We can safely file it under "nothing to worry about" then so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Wish he would hurry up and bomb the crap out of them. Can't stand North Korea.

Do you have many days where you're not calling for a genocide? You seem to be all good with killing millions of civilians. Plus general nuclear disaster for world which could very well happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Do you have many days where you're not calling for a genocide?
    It's not a genocide, it's a military operation to take out the worst regime on the planet and he should have already done it by now. The issue isn't going away until the regime is destroyed.

It's not a genocide, it's a military operation to take out the worst regime on the planet and he should have already done it by now. The issue isn't going away until the regime is destroyed.

Trump's threats to entirely destroy North Korea is a threat of genocide..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Rick Shaw wrote: »

The ban on NK and Venezuela is for government officials. General citizens are ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

If he tries that, I reckon Mike Pence will be installed as acting President while Trump is put on 'sick leave', pending impeachment proceedings. He'll never get to push that nuke button.

But it seems that nobody can stop him from shooting his mouth off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Trump's threats to entirely destroy North Korea is a threat of genocide..

Or could be an act of self-defense, self-preservation?

Rocketman™ already threatened to wipe out SK, Jap, US & Guam, Irs & Aus.

He's already launched twice at/over Japan, and is likely preparing to either live H-test on the Pacific, and/or test a newer long-range. Bear in mind H14 can already reach 5,000miles (that includes Western Europe).

Screen_Shot_2017-10-07_at_14.37.51.png

Or could be an act of self-defense, self-preservation?

Rocketman™ already threatened to wipe out SK, Jap, US & Guam, Irs & Aus.

He's already launched twice at/over Japan, and is likely preparing to either live H-test on the Pacific, and/or test a newer long-range. Bear in mind H14 can already reach 5,000miles (that includes Western Europe).

Screen_Shot_2017-10-07_at_14.37.51.png

And strategists, nuclear policy experts etc would argue that Trump's behaviour is further antagonising situation. Going to war in any way with a nuclear armed state is pretty dangerous based on nuclear policy which is pretty well defined. Excitedly declaring his policy on twitter is moronic. Something which his Secretary of State would agree with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

He's going to de-certify the Iran deal, that's all.

Then it's going to go to Congress and they're going to do notihng and the world will continue to turn.

Stuff like this is just a rhetorical trick he uses to get people to pay attention to him - and it works.

Advertisement