Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there an thing similar to mens shed for ladies in letterkenny

Options
  • 07-10-2017 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi, myself and my wife have moved to letterkenny lately, we are in our early 30s, neither of us are from the area, she works from home, is a bit shy and is starting to feel a little isolated. She does yoga classes but is still having trouble making friends.

I am just wondering is there anything similar to mens shed or craft classes that she might enjoy and find it easier to strike up conversation. Any other suggestions to things she could do in letterkenny to make friends.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Mammapinkbear

I don't live in Letterkenny but I think Craft Heaven up behind Glencar Shopping Centre do craft classes so it might be worth checking them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

The Women's Centre on Port Road (opposite the theatre) will have notices of groups/coffee mornings/ courses etc

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

I would think about evening classes in any area that she is interested in.

Get involved in volunteering, be it sports, community or special interests.

There are fitness classes all over the place, can be quite social.

Personally, I would recommend Toastmasters as a way to both meet people and help with the shyness. Search Letterkenny Toastmasters or PM me for more details.

Other pastimes such as cycling, photography, hillwalking are all well catered for, there are plenty of options sure try a few to see what works.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

The Men's shed in Letterkenny now run a few courses for women. I did a health and safefy on electric tools course with them last year and a follow on course for women who wanted to make something with their new skills. I also did a wood turning course in there. I highly recommend them. They are on Facebook as Letterkenny Men's Shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cat_2012

I'm always on for meeting new people. If she would like to meet up for a cuppa and a chat sometime, I'd like that :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement