Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotify vs. Apple Music vs Itunes - which one?

• 07-10-2017 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

For the past two years as part of my vodafone contract I've had spotify premium. Prior to that I just purchased songs from itunes every couple of months.

I'm not actually a huge fan of spotify - I don't use a lot of the features and have just one playlist that I put everything in and play it with the random feature. However the random feature on spotify isn't really random and you can hear the same songs again. Also if you go back to search or something and then back into the playlist you have to start the shuffle again. Whereas when I was using itunes, it would just play randomly each song once until it reached the end of the playlist.

So I'm wondering about apple music and how the random/shuffle feature works, or if I should just go back to buying my music when I want to, rather than a monthly service. With itunes, I would have spent maybe €15-20 every 2-3months at a guess, so not a huge amount.

One negative about going back to itunes is that I don't know if I would have enough memory on my iphone for the library. I don't have any songs in the itunes library on my phone currently and there's only 2.5g of space available (16g iphone). So if i was going to back to just itunes, I might need to look at upgrading my phone which i didn't really want to do.

Any opinions or suggestions would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,334 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

mel.b wrote: »
    For the past two years as part of my vodafone contract I've had spotify premium. Prior to that I just purchased songs from itunes every couple of months.

I'm not actually a huge fan of spotify - I don't use a lot of the features and have just one playlist that I put everything in and play it with the random feature. However the random feature on spotify isn't really random and you can hear the same songs again. Also if you go back to search or something and then back into the playlist you have to start the shuffle again. Whereas when I was using itunes, it would just play randomly each song once until it reached the end of the playlist.

So I'm wondering about apple music and how the random/shuffle feature works, or if I should just go back to buying my music when I want to, rather than a monthly service. With itunes, I would have spent maybe €15-20 every 2-3months at a guess, so not a huge amount.

One negative about going back to itunes is that I don't know if I would have enough memory on my iphone for the library. I don't have any songs in the itunes library on my phone currently and there's only 2.5g of space available (16g iphone). So if i was going to back to just itunes, I might need to look at upgrading my phone which i didn't really want to do.

Any opinions or suggestions would be great.

You can upload purchased songs (any songs you have on your p.c. ;)) onto Google Play Music through their p.c. app and stream them/download as you want to your phone/iPhone. Up to 50,000 songs and no subscription.

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/google-play-music/id691797987?mt=8

https://support.google.com/googleplaymusic/answer/1075570?hl=en

Advertisement