Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living City Initiative

• 07-10-2017 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Has anyone had an experience with applying for the Living City Initiative (LCI). The tax relief offered is quite attractive but I am unsure how difficult it is to obtain the letter of certification. And if the work needs to be done by a qualified builder.

They also mention about grants being offered but couldn't find any information about them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 irish_investr

TiNcAn wrote: »
    Has anyone had an experience with applying for the Living City Initiative (LCI). The tax relief offered is quite attractive but I am unsure how difficult it is to obtain the letter of certification. And if the work needs to be done by a qualified builder.

They also mention about grants being offered but couldn't find any information about them.

You should have a look at this: http://rebuildingireland.ie/repair-and-leasing-scheme/ I have been trying to contact local authorities about Living City but after 4 months of weekly calls and emails I have not had any substantial response. About 2 months ago I found out about the "repair and lease" scheme, which actually would suit me better, but again no response from the local authority. Contacted rebuildingIreland directly and got a response the next day, but now I fear that is also being passed from hand to hand in side the bureaucratic machine, and going nowhere fast. A local auctioneer told me that in practice its mostly only developers are able to avail of these kinds of incentives. The best way to benefit from these schemes is to sell the property on to a developer and price in some portion of the value of the incentive.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 previousmass

Does anybody have experience dealing with Revenue about the Living City Initiative?

I have a letter of certification from my council but I'm getting mixed messages from Revenue. Some of their guidance says to submit a form 12 online (there are just a few fields to fill in) but some of it says to send the letter of certification in and details of the works. The council already have details of the works and they sent a copy of the letter of certification to revenue so I'm not sure why revenue would need another copy of everything.

To answer the ops question the letter of certification was pretty easy to get but it took a few calls to get it done and took a few weeks to get the letter of opinion processed. Didn't help that it got lost in the post so they needed to get a second one went out.

Advertisement