Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID/ Virgin media -happy customers??

Options
  • 07-10-2017 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

hello
    My 24m tesco mobile contract is up and I wanted to change mobile network

I was thinking of signing with ID or Virgin Media Mobile (bill pay)

I've been looking for reviews but I've noticed that most of the feedback is quite negative.

Is there any happy ID/Virgin Mobile customers?? (bill pay?)

Should I chance it or go with networks like EIR/Vodafone instead?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I changed from Tesco Mobile to ID a few weeks ago. I live and work in Dublin City Centre so obviously your experience will vary. I was on an old plan with Tesco Mobile with 1GB of Data and 300 mins/texts for €10 a month, which did me fine for years. I got a new phone during the Summer and my data usage shot up so I swtiched to the ID plan with 30GB and 250 mins/texts for €10 for 6 months and then €20 afterwards.

I switched over in a Carphone Warehouse store during lunchtime, the whole thing took about 20 minutes. I do find the connection with ID slightly worse than Tesco; in that very occasionally (but slightly more regularly than Tesco) the connection will drop off. I guess the plus side of ID is that you get 4G which you didn't with Tesco.

I was quite happy with Tesco and if they had a similar plan for the same money I would have stayed, but I don't have any regrets about moving to ID either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I moved from Tesco Mobile to Virgin last year, I find the coverage to be the same although Virgin drops sometimes when moving between masts, 4G coverage is spot on, I've often driven from Ennis to Dublin listening to Deezer the whole way with no drop in music. I'm on the €25 a month plan which I was on with Tesco as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Ingrid7

Clareman wrote: »
    I moved from Tesco Mobile to Virgin last year, I find the coverage to be the same although Virgin drops sometimes when moving between masts, 4G coverage is spot on, I've often driven from Ennis to Dublin listening to Deezer the whole way with no drop in music. I'm on the €25 a month plan which I was on with Tesco as well.

is it true that VM block automated txt messages from a large number of companies? ( Apple, Google, the banks?)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Ingrid7 wrote: »
    is it true that VM block automated txt messages from a large number of companies? ( Apple, Google, the banks?)

Both ID and virgin had that issue. It seems to have improved a lot with ID, using that now. Worth picking up a prepaid sim. Actually, ID have a have price (for six months) switching offer going to bill pay. It's a one month rolling contract, so worth a shot.

Advertisement