Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive other cars extension on Insurance

Options
  • 07-10-2017 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hello,

Im 24 years of age and my policy is due for renewal next month. Is anyone aware of an insurer that would allow this extension for my next policy. Im 3 years driving with a full license.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭kirving

It's often included on comprehensive insurance policies. I know AXA in particular will offer an add on to let you drive any car, up to a certain limit, fully comp too.

Since my first insurance at 17 I've never not had the driving other cars extension on any policy (comp or third party) across many different insurers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

My son got it at 24. with AXA (tpo)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Most companies will give you 3rd party on other cars. BoI offer fully comp on cars up a certain value and engine size as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

Aviva offer it but the other car must be insured under its own policy, be taxed and have a current NCT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

Axa can only do for 25yr old drivers. If you turn 25 mid-policy year then it’s at the UWR decision, as normally kicks in at next renewal post-Birthday.

Some occup block the extention being applied.

Sorry if that’s burst you bubble

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I renewed recently and it was a cost option with Allianz, only cost a few Euro so selected it as it's handy to have.
    Several others had a long list of options when looking for quotes but where more expensive so never proceeded to see if they are the same.

Looks like insurance is going the Ryanair way of selling, cut everything and charge for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

Del2005 wrote: »
    I renewed recently and it was a cost option with Allianz, only cost a few Euro so selected it as it's handy to have.
    Several others had a long list of options when looking for quotes but where more expensive so never proceeded to see if they are the same.

Looks like insurance is going the Ryanair way of selling, cut everything and charge for it.

I won't qualify with Allianz sadly according to their website

" We’re always happy to reply that the answer is yes, so long as you’re over 25 and that you’ve chosen Driving Other Cars as an optional extra."

Advertisement