Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 216

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Thought Borg did really well without doing a whole lot and getting mauled - Honestly thought he wasnt going to tap - I was pleading with him to give up before his shoulder and elbow started shredding!!!

Agree Conor mauls Ferguson, watched the fight again and Ferg's chin is like a huge bullseye! Easy work!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Tbh, if Diaz 3 happens I can see nothing but another Conor win. He's been out of the octagon way too long and looks to have gained a load of weight - I can't see him having the motivation to put in another great performance against Conor. The added ring rust will play a huge factor also.

I'd be of the complete opposite opinion, one of them is out on coke binges every weekend other runs triathlons for fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭creeper1

I agree tony ferguson seemed to be in trouble round 1 and definitely saved by the bell.

The fight was a good one.

When ferguson won and was announced as "interim champion" I thought he was going to emulate Conor and say "interim nothing I've showed up" however he just opted to shout out "McNuggets etc defend or vacate"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Gamebred wrote: »
    I'd be of the complete opposite opinion, one of them is out on coke binges every weekend other runs triathlons for fun.
    Not anymore. I dont think he's done one since UFC202.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The only running Diaz does these days is from his dealer to the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,360 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Conor v Ferguson is a bit like Conor v Nate. Despite his awkward style, Ferguson gets hit a lot. If Conor fights a disciplined fight and stays on his feet and uses his boxing I think he lights Tony up standing. The big danger is that Conor would be in big trouble if Ferguson could get him on the ground. Tony like Nate though doesn't have great takedowns so Conor should be able to keep it standing unless he does something stupid like throwing a high kick that Ferguson could catch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Conor v Ferguson is a bit like Conor v Nate. Despite his awkward style, Ferguson gets hit a lot. If Conor fights a disciplined fight and stays on his feet and uses his boxing I think he lights Tony up standing. The big danger is that Conor would be in big trouble if Ferguson could get him on the ground. Tony like Nate though doesn't have great takedowns so Conor should be able to keep it standing unless he does something stupid like throwing a high kick that Ferguson could catch.

I agree, I see the similarity. Ferg is long, has a great chin, great BJJ and top class endurance. He also walks into punches and doesn't move his head. The big difference (where I disagree with you) is that Ferg is a much stronger wrestler than Nate. He also has unorthodox ways of getting the fight to the ground.

Tony Ferguson for me, as awkward as he may look, is a similar-ish but much better fighter than Nate Diaz.

I think Conor would need to finish or badly hurt Ferguson early on in the first couple of rounds, which he definitely could. Ferguson has a very threatening ground game and is more likely to win over 5 rounds though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can't stop watching this.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Can't stop watching this.

More of that and DJ might actually make some PPV money!

I thought Tony showed a distinct lack of head movement. A better boxer would be looking to exploit that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

It looks like this has done about 220,000 buys not the 120,000 estimated a few weeks ago. That is slightly below average for a non "superstar" ppv.

• Advertisement
Advertisement