Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car ploughs into people in London.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

greencap wrote: »
    oh quit your histrionic bullsht.

The met is a diverse force and they deal with every race every day.

And yes sometimes they even arrest white people.
    And up til last year there was no educational requirement to join!

They are sheep. They are brainwashed.

If it was a white driver you can be certain they would not be handled the same way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

CeilingFly wrote: »

If it was a white driver you can be certain they would not be handled the same way

you're just looking for an opportunity to whinge about nothing.

if they're really sheep then theres plenty of black, brown, and tan sheep in among the herd.

they generally work to written procedural standards. ask a black police officer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

The people shown pinning the driver to the ground at the crash scene were all civilians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

The people shown pinning the driver to the ground at the crash scene were all civilians.

Plain clothes cops - unless civilians carry handcuffs (if it was soho, maybe)

At the end of the day, the driver was black and was treated as a criminal without question.

Whilst he certainly should be charged with dangerous driving you can be sure that if the driver was white it would have been quite a different scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

At the end of the day, the driver was black and was treated as a criminal without question.

Whilst he certainly should be charged with dangerous driving you can be sure that if the driver was white it would have been quite a different scenario.

- Rev Al Sharpton (2017)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

ricero wrote: »
    Welcome to modern day europe. Shame on merkel and the looney liberals who have released a plague upon major european cities

+1. You do not get attacks in Japan because they never let in hordes of mus*ims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Uosdwis R. Dewoh

Jawgap wrote: »
    So it turns out it was a toad traffic incident.

Even that weapon Katie Hopkins is deleting her tweets about it......

https://twitter.com/kthopkins/status/916722351022198784
    I really dislike when people sneer/deflect/whatabout in relation to actual terrorist attacks/threats (and seem to be more concerned about stuff said on the internet than the actual event itself) and I do understand people's first thought being possible terrorist attack but when there are no facts at all yet people rush to make comments like "religion of peace", it really does look like they're delighted and more eager to say stuff on the internet than actually find out what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,250 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

We're just making up "facts" to suit an agenda are we? Just to take one attack as an example, 2 of the 3 London bridge attackers were asylum seekers born outside the UK.

Come on, we're all online where we can instantly call your lies out for what they are, if you can't debate without lies it would be better for you just to keep quiet.

they aren't lies. the vast majority of islamic terror attacks were caried out by british born extremists.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Every news report I saw said they were civilians who detained the man until the cops arrived.

I doubt race had anything to do with it.

• Advertisement

maryishere wrote: »
    +1. You do not get attacks in Japan because they never let in hordes of mus*ims.

i think you will find they did. there are lots of muslims in japan.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,931 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Mr. Deasy halted, breathing hard and swallowing his breath.

"- I just wanted to say," he said. "Ireland, they say, has the honour of being the only country which never persecuted the jews. Do you know that? No. And do you know why?"

He frowned sternly on the bright air.

"- Why sir?" Stephen asked, beginning to smile.

"- Because she never let them in," Mr. Deasy said solemnly.

A coughball of laughter leaped from his throat dragging after it a rattling chain of phlegm."

(James Joyce, Ulysses 2.191-196)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

i think you will find they did. there are lots of muslims in japan.

Not really. As someone else said"Japan is practically closed to Muslims.
    Officially, immigration to Japan is not closed to Muslims. But the number of the immigration permits given to the applicants from Islamic countries is very low. Obtaining a working visa is not easy for adepts of Islam, even if they are physicians, engineers and managers sent by foreign companies that are active in the region. As a result, Japan is “a country without Muslims”.

There is no reliable estimate on the Japanese Muslim population. However, claims of thirty thousand made by some researchers are without doubt an exaggeration. Some claim that there are only a few hundred. This probably amounts to the number of Muslims openly practicing Islam. Asked to give an estimate on the actual number of Muslims in Japan, the ex-president of the Japan Islamic Association Abu Bakr Morimoto replied, “To say frankly, only one thousand. In the broadest sense, I mean, if we do not exclude those who became Muslims for the sake of, say marriage, and do not practice then the number would be a few thousand.”

One of the leaders of the Muslim community in Japan, Nur Ad-Din Mori, was asked: “What percentage of Japan’s total population are Muslims?” He responded, “The answer at the moment is: One out of a hundred thousand.”
    Japan’s population is 130 million people, so if these Muslim leaders are correct, then there must be around 1300 Muslims. But even those Muslims who obtained immigration permits and lived many years in the country have very poor chances of becoming Japanese citizens.

Japan officially forbids exhorting people to adopt the religion of Islam (Dawah), and any Muslim who actively encourages conversion to Islam is seen as proselytizing to a foreign and undesirable culture. Too active “promoters of Islam” face deportation- and sometimes even a jail sentence.
    The Arabic language is taught by very few academic institutes; I could find only one such institute: The Arabic Islamic Institute in Tokyo. But even the International University of Japan in Tokyo does not offer courses on Arabic or Islamic languages.

Importing the Koran in Arabic is practically impossible, and the only one permitted is the “adapted” version in Japanese.
    Until recently, there were only two mosques in Japan: Tokyo Jama Masjid and Kobe Mosque. Now, the total number of Muslim praying sites in Japan is counted in some 30 single story mosques and about a hundred apartment rooms set aside for prayers.

And Japanese society expects Muslims to pray at home: no collective “prostrating” in the streets or squares; in Japan, for such “shows” the actors can get pretty high fines, and in those cases Japanese Police consider “serious”, the participants can be deported.
    Quite often, Japanese companies seeking foreign workers specifically note that they are not interested in Muslims.

There is not even a trace of a Shari´a Law in Japan, and halal food is extremely difficult to find in there.

The Japanese tend to perceive Islam as a “strange and dangerous religion” that a true Japanese should avoid, and the recent murders of two Japanese nationals, Haruna Yukawa and Kenji Goto, by ISIS have not contributed to any improvement in the opinions of the Japanese on this matter.

And the most interesting thing in the Japanese approach to Muslims is the fact that the Japanese do not feel any guilt for such a “discriminatory” approach to Islam, and they evidently do not think they should apologize to Muslims for the negative way in which they perceive their religion. Arab gas and oil- yes, and Japan maintains good relations with Arab exporters. But Islam – no, and Muslim immigration– neither. Islam is something that is suitable for others, not for Japan, and therefore the Muslims must remain outside.

And Muslims in Japan do not riot, they do not brand the Japanese “racists”, they do not burn cars, smash windows, behead Japanese soldiers for having been in Afghanistan, Iraq or anywhere else on Earth – and not a single Japanese has been victim of a Muslim terrorist attack on Japanese soil in the last 30 years.

Maybe Europe and the USA should look at the Japanese model of dealing with Muslims more closely?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

For ****s sake.

Arsehole crashes, - it's the muslims.

Police - Eh, Uber driver ****ed up, and crashed - Japan has no Muslims, so randomers crashing can't be muslims.

AH is really pissing me off. Stick your "I hate and am afraid of everyone" bull**** up your collective, clenched sphincters.

And to the lad/lads that keep reregging, get a ****ing grip of yourselves. Switch off your phone/pc and go for a walk. Bit of fresh air and human contact might do ye some good. OOoohhh, you might see a brown person just going about their business, infronging your rights to be a ****? Well, ****ing boo hoo.

Officially, immigration to Japan is not closed to Muslims. But the number of the immigration permits given to the applicants from Islamic countries is very low. Obtaining a working visa is not easy for adepts of Islam, even if they are physicians, engineers and managers sent by foreign companies that are active in the region. As a result, Japan is “a country without Muslims”.

There is no reliable estimate on the Japanese Muslim population. However, claims of thirty thousand made by some researchers are without doubt an exaggeration. Some claim that there are only a few hundred. This probably amounts to the number of Muslims openly practicing Islam. Asked to give an estimate on the actual number of Muslims in Japan, the ex-president of the Japan Islamic Association Abu Bakr Morimoto replied, “To say frankly, only one thousand. In the broadest sense, I mean, if we do not exclude those who became Muslims for the sake of, say marriage, and do not practice then the number would be a few thousand.”

One of the leaders of the Muslim community in Japan, Nur Ad-Din Mori, was asked: “What percentage of Japan’s total population are Muslims?” He responded, “The answer at the moment is: One out of a hundred thousand.”
    Japan’s population is 130 million people, so if these Muslim leaders are correct, then there must be around 1300 Muslims. But even those Muslims who obtained immigration permits and lived many years in the country have very poor chances of becoming Japanese citizens.

Japan officially forbids exhorting people to adopt the religion of Islam (Dawah), and any Muslim who actively encourages conversion to Islam is seen as proselytizing to a foreign and undesirable culture. Too active “promoters of Islam” face deportation- and sometimes even a jail sentence.
    The Arabic language is taught by very few academic institutes; I could find only one such institute: The Arabic Islamic Institute in Tokyo. But even the International University of Japan in Tokyo does not offer courses on Arabic or Islamic languages.

Importing the Koran in Arabic is practically impossible, and the only one permitted is the “adapted” version in Japanese.
    Until recently, there were only two mosques in Japan: Tokyo Jama Masjid and Kobe Mosque. Now, the total number of Muslim praying sites in Japan is counted in some 30 single story mosques and about a hundred apartment rooms set aside for prayers.

And Japanese society expects Muslims to pray at home: no collective “prostrating” in the streets or squares; in Japan, for such “shows” the actors can get pretty high fines, and in those cases Japanese Police consider “serious”, the participants can be deported.
    Quite often, Japanese companies seeking foreign workers specifically note that they are not interested in Muslims.

There is not even a trace of a Shari´a Law in Japan, and halal food is extremely difficult to find in there.

The Japanese tend to perceive Islam as a “strange and dangerous religion” that a true Japanese should avoid, and the recent murders of two Japanese nationals, Haruna Yukawa and Kenji Goto, by ISIS have not contributed to any improvement in the opinions of the Japanese on this matter.

And the most interesting thing in the Japanese approach to Muslims is the fact that the Japanese do not feel any guilt for such a “discriminatory” approach to Islam, and they evidently do not think they should apologize to Muslims for the negative way in which they perceive their religion. Arab gas and oil- yes, and Japan maintains good relations with Arab exporters. But Islam – no, and Muslim immigration– neither. Islam is something that is suitable for others, not for Japan, and therefore the Muslims must remain outside.

And Muslims in Japan do not riot, they do not brand the Japanese “racists”, they do not burn cars, smash windows, behead Japanese soldiers for having been in Afghanistan, Iraq or anywhere else on Earth – and not a single Japanese has been victim of a Muslim terrorist attack on Japanese soil in the last 30 years.

Maybe Europe and the USA should look at the Japanese model of dealing with Muslims more closely?"

it's not a country without muslims as it has quite a muslim population. your long-winded post doesn't change that reality as much of it is inaccurate. muslims in ireland do not riot, they do not brand the irish racists unless they are, they do not burn cars, smash windows, or behead.

Just out of curiosity, what is the source of that long quote? You only mention that "someone" said it.

Because according to the Pew Research Center, the number of Muslims in Japan is 185,000:

http://www.pewforum.org/2011/01/27/table-muslim-population-by-country/

That's quite a disparity, I'm sure you'll agree. Now maybe the Pew Research Center aren't a reliable source, but I'm betting they're more reliable than "someone".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Jawgap wrote: »
    What religion is he? It's not mentioned in the article

Catholic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Guy Sajer

London has been trying to ban Uber for safety concerns and trying to limit the fear of Islamic attacks, and what better way to kill two birds with the one stone than to blame this on an 'accident'. In a congested city driver still had momentum to collide with two cars plus mount the pavement and injure multiple people.

• Advertisement

according to the Pew Research Center, the number of Muslims in Japan is 185,000:
    Their estimate is wrong. Google it and you will see wiki etc will agree that "Japan is one of the island countries in East Asia, located in the Pacific ocean. Its population was estimated to be 126.880 million is 2015. The major religions in Japan are Buddhism and Shinto. Shinto is as old as the Japanese culture and Buddhism was imported from the mainland in the 6th century. Islam is a minority religion in Japan with only 100,000 Muslims, 90% of which are foreigners residents and only 10% are pure Japanese."
    http://zilzarlife.com/is-japan-the-country-with-no-muslims-as-many-people-think/

10,000 people out of Japans total population of 126,880,000 is a very small percentage.
    Point is, with no ever increasing muslim hodes in Japan like there have been invited in to Germany, France, Belgium, UK, there have been NO attacks in Japan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Doltanian wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4958398/Car-mounts-pavement-outside-National-History-Museum.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailUK

No prizes for guessing the religion of the driver. Actually in light of recent events I think it is high time we ban cars altogether, that way we can claim the moral high ground.

Oddly enough, the original poster never came back to the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Guy Sajer wrote: »
    London has been trying to ban Uber for safety concerns and trying to limit the fear of Islamic attacks, and what better way to kill two birds with the one stone than to blame this on an 'accident'. In a congested city driver still had momentum to collide with two cars plus mount the pavement and injure multiple people.

Uber tinfoily.

Don't mind me, I'm a sheep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

I'm here wishing for decent coke.

Their estimate is wrong. Google it and you will see wiki etc will agree...

10,000 people out of Japans total population of 126,880,000 is a very small percentage.

Two things. First, I got the Pew Research Center link from wiki. Second, the link you quote gives the population as 100,000, not 10,000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Japans total population of 126,880,000

F**k that's a lot of people on small islands.

• Advertisement

They're far far bigger than you'd think..

Ireland: 84,421 km²
    The UK: 242,495 km²
    Germany: 357,376 km²
    Japan: 377,962 km²

Definitely a lot of people there all the same.

XqPlnJb.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,489 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Japans total population of 126,880,000

Japan isn't small

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Their estimate is wrong. Google it and you will see wiki etc will agree that "Japan is one of the island countries in East Asia, located in the Pacific ocean. Its population was estimated to be 126.880 million is 2015. The major religions in Japan are Buddhism and Shinto. Shinto is as old as the Japanese culture and Buddhism was imported from the mainland in the 6th century. Islam is a minority religion in Japan with only 100,000 Muslims, 90% of which are foreigners residents and only 10% are pure Japanese."
    http://zilzarlife.com/is-japan-the-country-with-no-muslims-as-many-people-think/

Point is, with no ever increasing muslim hodes in Japan like there have been invited in to Germany, France, Belgium, UK, there have been NO attacks in Japan.

Not sure we'd want to be emulating Japan....they may not "import" their attackers, but their homegrown ones have proved to be much more effective......

20 Years Ago, A Shadowy Cult Poisoned The Tokyo Subway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Yeah I could never imagine the Japanese engaging in such a nihilistic act of violence as deliberately plowing a vehicle into a group of westerners, killing themselves in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

Japan is actually well known for xenophobia, been an ongoing issue for years. Odds of non Japanese being discriminated against is pretty high. They mightn't have had any Islamic attacks but Ireland hasn't either so not sure exactly what the point is there. However in terms of social issues in relation to their treatment of foreigners, that continues to build and is a major issue.

In terms of messed up attacks in Japan, knife attacks have always been an issue but most significant was last year. So Japan is not a utopia.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/25/tokyo-knife-attack-stabbing-sagamihara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

"Yes!!! It wasn't Islamic. Ha ha ha, look at all the idiots disappointed that it wasn't the Muzlums"

Jesus f*cking wept.

So, after all that, it was a simple car accident.

"Yes!!! It wasn't Islamic. Ha ha ha, look at all the idiots disappointed that it wasn't the Muzlums"

Jesus f*cking wept.

Car accident in London.

"Religion of peace! Merkel has blood on her hands. Bet you can guess the religion of the driver"

Jesus f*cking wept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

sabat wrote: »
    Yeah I could never imagine the Japanese engaging in such a nihilistic act of violence as deliberately plowing a vehicle into a group of westerners, killing themselves in the process.

Flying a plan into a military installation or vehicle during wartimes is not the same as ploughing a truck into pedestrians for a religious cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭jaykay74

If the point of a terror attack is to kill a 100 and strike fear into millions this thread is doing its bit on the second part :pac:

We don't have time for the facts to become clear... WE NEED TO ACT NOW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Jesus f*cking wept.

I think it's more a very small amount of very loud people delighted when it's a terrorist attack so they can push their agenda against whatever group they currently have grievances with, and the majority of people happy that it's not another terrorist attack which could result in mass fatalities.
    I know what side of the fence I'd like to be on.

I see this thread is about Japan now. Lovely cherry blossoms in the spring time I'm told.

shutterstock_399709399.jpg

If you're going to post nonsense, can you please learn how to do URLs properly?

Oh, this is about Japan? Never been, but World Order's videos are incredibly satisfying to watch

Since 2014, and after ISIS directly commanded followers to attack using whatever rudimentary weapons they have at their disposal, there have been at least 13 attacks in Europe, Australia and Canada involving cars, knives and guns that their respective governments have said were nothing to do with ISIS support (along with upwards of 78 mostly lone wolf attacks where the government did concede Islamist involvement)

Can anyone provide me a list of just how common these attacks were in any other three year period?

We're talking about Japan now. Please stay on topic.

Car accident in London.

"Religion of peace! Merkel has blood on her hands. Bet you can guess the religion of the driver"

Jesus f*cking wept.

Eh. That's the point...
    Do you even realise that you are behaving exactly the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Doltanian wrote: »
    No prizes for guessing the religion of the driver.

Pathetic

• Advertisement

Eh. That's the point...
    Do you even realise that you are behaving exactly the same?

If that's the point, why only mention one side? Surely if you view them as the same, then you would have made references to the other.

I'm not denying how I'm behaving. I legitimately think all uber drivers should be locked up. Coming here and taking jobs. Running over people. Fecking uber drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭enricoh

For ****s sake.

Arsehole crashes, - it's the muslims.

Police - Eh, Uber driver ****ed up, and crashed - Japan has no Muslims, so randomers crashing can't be muslims.

AH is really pissing me off. Stick your "I hate and am afraid of everyone" bull**** up your collective, clenched sphincters.

And to the lad/lads that keep reregging, get a ****ing grip of yourselves. Switch off your phone/pc and go for a walk. Bit of fresh air and human contact might do ye some good. OOoohhh, you might see a brown person just going about their business, infronging your rights to be a ****? Well, ****ing boo hoo.

so basically yer saying _you dont agree with my beliefs so therefore, get a life u losers? Thanks for that stunning input!
    I especially like the **** bit. I wonder how long an opposing poster would last without a red card!

If that's the point, why only mention one side? Surely if you view them as the same, then you would have made references to the other.

I'm not denying how I'm behaving. I legitimately think all uber drivers should be locked up. Coming here and taking jobs. Running over people. Fecking uber drivers.

Because the people that are delighting in rubbing the faces of the few people at the start in it are blissfully unaware of the absolute hypocrisy they are taking part in.
    Nobody expects any different from the 'deport them all' brigade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭enricoh

Well. If you hadn't reregedd and stuck with one account, you might actually be able to post links.

Anyway your posts will be nuked, any post quoting you will vanish, so it doesn't matter what I say here

Waka waka dub dub.

So u are given examples of isis crimes that cops in Europe have deliberately tried to avoid linking isis to. But u are not gonna look at them as u have better things to do on a sunday
    And then we get waka waka dub dub. Stunning stuff!

Because the people that are delighting in rubbing the faces of the few people at the start in it are blissfully unaware of the absolute hypocrisy they are taking part in.
    Nobody expects any different from the 'deport them all' brigade.

It's all hypocrisy, I won't deny that. Sometimes it's fun. But sometimes people take it to such extreme lengths. That's when it gets dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

vicwatson wrote: »
    Pathetic
    Why is it? All these awful attacks all across Europe has one common theme in each atrocity and it's "pathetic" to mention out loud what it is? All these attacks have one thing in common. The attacker identifies with the Islamic faith. Instead of getting angry with everyone else for noticing this, get angry with the people bringing the Islamic faith into disrepute.

enricoh wrote: »
    So u are given examples of isis crimes that cops in Europe have deliberately tried to avoid linking isis to. But u are not gonna look at them as u have better things to do on a sunday
    And then we get waka waka dub dub. Stunning stuff!

It's a lot of effort to copy and paste urls on a phone, especially when they're formatted incorrectly. You have to press and hold on the words until they're highlighted. Scroll to fit the whole url. Tap copy. Go up and tap on a new tab, press and hold. Click paste. Wait for it to load. Then spend a few minutes reading each article.

That's a lot of work, man.

I could, I don't know, not.

And the waka waka dub dub went over your head, clearly. I can't be arsed explaining, so you can go on thinking whatever you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Seeing as how this was just a car crash and not every bloody car crash somewhere in the world needs a thread. Locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement