Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About to commit to ordering the build - any last minute advice?

Options
  • 07-10-2017 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.

Gaming and streaming is MOST important to me, I also do a lot of video editing and rendering as well as graphic design but all at a novice level. I want to be able to stream without any issues or horrible lag.

If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, framerate, game settings)

I want to be able to play almost everything on high and keep a decent FPS whilst streaming.

What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?
    €2500-€3000

In what country are you purchasing your parts?
    Ireland

Post a draft of your potential build here (specific parts please).

CPU Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor -
    CPU Cooler Noctua - NH-U14S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler €77.94 @ Komplett
    Motherboard Asus - MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard -
    Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory €328.95 @ Komplett
    Video Card EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 GAMING iCX Video Card -
    Case Fractal Design - Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case -
    Power Supply Corsair - RMx 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply -
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total €406.89 (IGNORE THIS)
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-07 15:04 IST+0100
    Provide any additional details you wish below.
    The parts list above does not show a correct total price but the build is coming in at close to €2500 including warranty/parts/labour/delivery. It will run Windows 10 Pro and I already have SSD's & HDD's, monitors and peripherals etc. As mentioned above, my main usage for this rig is gaming and streaming, I would like it to run as quietly as possible too. If there is a better cooling solution please let me know! All advice welcome :)

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What monitor do you have? Unless it's 1440p 144hz, I think a 1080Ti is way overkill. 32GB is also very overkill if it's just a gaming/streaming rig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

What monitor do you have? Unless it's 1440p 144hz, I think a 1080Ti is way overkill. 32GB is also very overkill if it's just a gaming/streaming rig.

the 1080TI is 100% overkill, however I'm planning on buying a 144hz monitor so I'm future proofing, also, 32GB is overkill but again, Im future proofing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's not really future proofing though, as you're paying a huge premium right now. Might as well just get a GTX1070/80 now (or wait for the 1070Ti) and then upgrade down the line when required, far cheaper to do it this way. Same with the 32GB, way cheaper to just get 16 now and add more when/if needed in a few years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I kinda doubt anyone will have stock of the i7-8700K for the next few weeks tbh.
    Would go for a Ryzen 7 system instead.

850W PSU is overkill; get a 650-750W model (I'm running 750W with my setup & even that's overkill; 475/750W means i'm only at 63%).

You probably don't need Windows 10 Pro, either (really).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

The 1080ti will also be a bonus if you decide to get vr later.

• Advertisement
Advertisement