Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden advice

Options
  • 07-10-2017 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am halfway there now with my low maintenance garden, just a few questions.

My newly laid patio has moss and grass growing up through the gaps. How do I remove it long term.

There is a section of grass about 10sq, can I put a double layer of weed membrane over this grass section then put the ballylusk on top.

What is the thickest weed membrane on the market I need a good bit at least 50 m2 if I am doubling up. Any recommendations.

Do any suppliers have beech stones and any ideas how much. I would like to use white painted ones for a section.

Do replica railway sleepers need maintenance, I have put wood oil on mine as a precaution, any other tips for winter etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭rje66

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Hi

I am halfway there now with my low maintenance garden, just a few questions.

My newly laid patio has moss and grass growing up through the gaps. How do I remove it long term.** Clean out gaps and use rompox, a type of grout. But this depends on the gaps

There is a section of grass about 10sq, can I put a double layer of weed membrane over this grass section then put the ballylusk on top.** yes, but best to treat a weed killer first. Dandalions will grow through.

What is the thickest weed membrane on the market I need a good bit at least 50 m2 if I am doubling up. Any recommendations. **Protex or mypex

Do any suppliers have beech stones and any ideas how much. I would like to use white painted ones for a section. ** expensive option. Expect to pay appox E 120+ per 10m2. Supplier dep. where you are.

Do replica railway sleepers need maintenance, I have put wood oil on mine as a precaution, any other tips for winter etc.** Yes, lots. These are basically pine. Creasote or similar will work, but garden friendly???
    Hope this helps

Advertisement