Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White light at bottom of tv screen

Options
  • 07-10-2017 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭

Bought a new Samsung tv a month ago. Mounted it on the wall with a bracket and today this line has shown at the bottom. Anyone any ideas what it is and what recourse I have?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

January wrote: »
    Bought a new Samsung tv a month ago. Mounted it on the wall with a bracket and today this line has shown at the bottom. Anyone any ideas what it is and what recourse I have?

Thanks in advance

Adding picture of line

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

Thanks in advance

Picture?
    It's pretty new so I'd expect retailer to sort without issue

Adding picture of line

Can you show something else? Pause a dark scene or something?

It's the streak just above the logo?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭Water John

They're watching you.

This early, should be no issue having it replaced.

Sorry hope this is better.

• Advertisement

Sorry hope this is better.

Is it an edge lit LED? Switching off etc makes no difference? Also is it available on all sources?

It's led but not sure if edge lit it's a Samsung m5500 49 inch smart tv. Available on all sources.

Switched off and on again and still there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Has it just happened? How long after you mounted it to the wall did it appear?

Has it just happened? How long after you mounted it to the wall did it appear?

Wall mounted lasy week. Showed up around 3 o'clock today when kids were watching YouTube on it

Take it back to where you bought it, they might want to have a look at it and see what's causing it but there shouldn't be an issue after a couple of weeks of use and it'll be replaced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭appledrop

Just take it back to shop + they might have to check it but there should be no problem just giving you a new one. Goods must be fit for purpose under consumer law + faulty tv after 1 month is not acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

have a read here (sounds like your problem):
    https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/tv/thread-id/7285/page/1

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

johndoe99 wrote: »
    have a read here (sounds like your problem):
    https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/tv/thread-id/7285/page/1

Thanks all, I had googled but hadn't seen anything as bad as our one, ours is really bright on the screen.

I'll give the shop a call in the morning and see what they say before having to lug it back down to them, haven't even got the box anymore!

It seems to have disappeared...

It seems to have disappeared...

That's great!
    Keep an eye on it and keep the photos in case it becomes an intermittent fault but hopefully it's gone for good.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It might be no harm to contact the retailer anyway, to record the fault if it happens again. There might be an offchance that it's a known issue. Or they might ask for it back anyway, as that shouldn't happen.

Advertisement