Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North London Half Marathon 2018

Options
  • 07-10-2017 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

This was my plan B if I didn't get into the London Marathon through the ballot.
    Has anyone here run it? The finish in Wembley Stadium looks cool.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

Checked a few weeks back I think it's sold out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Animella

Checked a few weeks back I think it's sold out :(

I don't think it has opened for registration yet - I hope it hasn't. I preregistered in May but haven't got an email to tell me it's open yet.
    The FB page hasn't been updated since May but looking back, they started taking entries on October 10th last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

When is it usually on? Not the most scenic parts of London especially around Wembley. I grew up there though so would be a cool one to do since the rejection vest from the London marathon arrived in post :(

panda100 wrote: »
    When is it usually on? Not the most scenic parts of London especially around Wembley. I grew up there though so would be a cool one to do since the rejection vest from the London marathon arrived in post :(

Provisional date March 11th next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭charkee

reg is not open yet,

ran their similar event east london half in may.

well organised.if a little pricey

good transport links to wembley and plenty of hotels in area for dsat night stay

thinking of running out and have pre reg

sun mar 11

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Bunch of people I work with did this the last couple of years. Generally positive feedback but would agree that it is quite pricey. Most halfs in the SE aren't cheap though unless they have club involvement or are not run on closed roads.

It's on my "I'll do it at some stage" list, but it's also usually roughly the same time as Reading half which is a race I really like.

reading is a good hm.I ran it years ago

its the week after,sun 18th ,which would suit as its at patricks hol weekend,but flights would be pricey

wembley half weekend may suit me

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

I've done this one twice, earlier this year and 2015 also which was the first running of it i think. In 2015 you started and finished at Allianz Park (Saracens play there and it's an athletics stadium too) and ran through Wembley at the halfway point. They reversed it then in 2016 so you go through Allianz halfway and finish at Wembley in the stadium. The start is just outside then by Wembley park tube station

It's a well organised event and as mentioned already Wembley is handy enough to get to, can't remember if it's pricey or not as i had a free entry this year. The stadium finish is obviously good but otherwise the course is pretty dull through suburban Brent and Barnet, and it's a hilly enough one too. Not much in the way of crowds along the route if that's important to you.

Reading has been mentioned and that's a better event in my opinion, faster course, good atmosphere and also has the stadium finish (Madejski stadium is less impressive than Wembley obviously). Easy enough to get there from London on the train

you are right .its a hilly area

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, think I'll go for it., I don't mind hills, my last half was Achill! .
    The attraction of the event for me is that I was born in the area( though I don't remember living there)
    Got a good deal for a hotel nearby .Hoping to make a family weekend of it and just being in Wembley stadium should appeal to my 12 year old! He can go to a soccer match then in the afternoon.

re soccer animelia

arsenal home to watford the afternoon of race.

only problem may be if tv move ko to midday!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I wouldn't commit to anything football wise until the month or so before the race. That match could easily become Monday night for all we know right now. Arsenal v Watford is usually a category B game as Watford are considered another London team.

I will say though that some of the stadium tours are very good - particularly Wembley itself.

charkee wrote: »
    re soccer animelia

arsenal home to watford the afternoon of race.

only problem may be if tv move ko to midday!

Thanks, that's what we've pencilled in! Fingers crossed it will work out timewise.

I wouldn't commit to anything football wise until the month or so before the race. That match could easily become Monday night for all we know right now. Arsenal v Watford is usually a category B game as Watford are considered another London team.

I will say though that some of the stadium tours are very good - particularly Wembley itself.

Thanks, we'll wait and see. Plenty to do even if the match doesn't work out. He's done the Emirates stadium tour so the Wembley one would be good.
    Have to have something to look forward to to get us through the winter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

Animella wrote: »
    Provisional date March 11th next year.

Just on this if you're still planning on doing it, they've sent out a mail this morning saying they're moving the date of the North london half. They don't say to when (TBC) but in the email they have recommended Hackney for anyone looking for a spring race, which suggests to me it'll be a completely different time of the year

You can sign up on their website for the updates https://www.northlondonhalf.com/

Thanks for that

maybe its the Hague for an way trip half in March instead!

Just on this if you're still planning on doing it, they've sent out a mail this morning saying they're moving the date of the North london half. They don't say to when (TBC) but in the email they have recommended Hackney for anyone looking for a spring race, which suggests to me it'll be a completely different time of the year

You can sign up on their website for the updates https://www.northlondonhalf.com/

Thanks for that. I was wondering why they hadn't opened for registration .
    Might do it yet depending on when the new date is.

Advertisement