Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Australia

Options
  • 07-10-2017 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I’m thinking of moving to Australia, I’m nearly completed my UL teaching course but have been told we must complete 2 years teaching here first. Is this the case or can I do it in Australia? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Teesquared wrote: »
    Hi I’m thinking of moving to Australia, I’m nearly completed my UL teaching course but have been told we must complete 2 years teaching here first. Is this the case or can I do it in Australia? Thanks

It's not possible to apply for a permanent visa in Australia without relevant work experience. I'm not sure how that will affect your job prospects in Australia and there is nothing stopping you coming over on a working holiday visa(if you meet the requirements) and trying to gain work experience that way, although I have no idea how that will go due to the fact that you can only work for one employer for 6 months and also that you would need to allow 3 months to do regional work(not teaching) to be eligible for a second working holiday visa.

You will probably find a lot more info here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/teaching-80/

You can never do enough of your own research to prepare you for a move like this so take everything you hear with a pinch of salt unless you are able to verify it yourself from an official source.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

My cousin is the President of Network Teach which is the representative organisation for teachers in Australia. Maybe he could help? His name is Mark Kelly...i don't have his email but you can find him in their website or mjkelly on facebook

Advertisement